Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Tonight, Sharon my MIL is over for dinner. Is would have been Art’s birthday, so it is a tradition that we taken to doing. Scalloped potato’s, pork tenderloin and green beans. Nice comfort food, for a day that some need some comfort. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Aww...need pictures of Eva!!  PUrrrrrrr....

I'm at work today and cannot wait to see what 2 kitties did home alone all day.    More pics will be posted soon (hopefully not any messes in the houses such as toilet paper decorating my living room - hehe).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

We're lucky, we get them both 😁

We don’t get any snow days but once there was a record freeze back in the 80’s. I remember as our water pipe which was on the outside of the hose froze. Had to torch it to thaw out. Guess we got lucky as it didn’t burst. 

No day off for the kids as it rolled in on Christmas Eve and the kids were out of school anyway. 

M8

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tonight, Sharon my MIL is over for dinner. Is would have been Art’s birthday, so it is a tradition that we taken to doing. Scalloped potato’s, pork tenderloin and green beans. Nice comfort food, for a day that some need some comfort. 

IMG_6942.MOV 12.77 MB · 2 downloads

Ohhh, the zzzzsssttt noise of the frying pan................................

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy did the walk of shame today. Owen got on the bus before she made it home from her night out. The bus driver said she was headed home, right in the centre of the road. She goes onto the ditch when a car comes and back into the road after. The good thing is, it isn’t a busy road. 

471511F2-1F85-43EF-A0E6-72D2F9CA6897.thumb.jpeg.f2ef016ccfd5213e11e6579f2174e976.jpeg

F90EBB56-621A-4EA4-AD4D-AAB1E8FEB245.thumb.jpeg.b17bfbd1b70f693fd09ede40aa52c770.jpeg

Loader is off

7206449D-CEB3-42E7-A599-555AF48CEA29.thumb.jpeg.903f6d38520a49f39e68c2f20a707147.jpeg

The blower is greased and the tractor is fuelled. I am ready for winter, but I don’t want it to begin. Owen is hoping for a snow day tomorrow.  

A488D0DE-0CE8-4284-9101-D8EA78556173.thumb.jpeg.aa3647c7b379af3aeea53d7e5b1109cf.jpeg

Is the hay left from when you had the cattle or do you use it for something else?

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Is that like a Hurricane day here?

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, I would think similar in idea. 

Maybe similar in that there is no school, but probably very different in how a kid spends the day.  I grew up in Buffalo and had my share of snow days.  We were always out playing in the snow if we didn't need to be in school.  Probably not the same for a hurricane day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Maybe similar in that there is no school, but probably very different in how a kid spends the day.  I grew up in Buffalo and had my share of snow days.  We were always out playing in the snow if we didn't need to be in school.  Probably not the same for a hurricane day. 

My kids loved playing in the rain on hurricane days. We have never had a big storm hit us but the schools close when it's only a tropical storm so they would play until the wind got too strong and go right back out once it passed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

here's the start to my Ireland adventures in 2014 https://crafts-a-lot.blogspot.com/2014/09/ireland-dreams-come-true-2014-days-5-20.html

This is like an early Christmas present to read - especially since no cruise reviews.  

“you had me at Salthill” - my moms best friend lives there - they met in London. They lived together until they got married and moved on in their 20’s and been friends ever since.  Have been there once and spent most of my holidays in Dublin until 13 so love, love love Ireland. 

thank you for posting link.  

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is the hay left from when you had the cattle or do you use it for something else?

In the coverall we have straw, and corn husks to sell for bedding. It is mainly from this year.  We keep it there because it tends to draw mice. It’s 40’X120’ and almost full. We keep hay in the barn where it is also better protect from the elements.is from this year as well. 

The straw is from this years wheat and the hay is from our hayfields. We keep hay in the rotation of crops. It is has been sold to people who live minutes away to as far away as an hour. Sometimes it leaves on a small trailer and sometimes two transport loads at a time. This year we even sold some right out of the field. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So as everyone knows  my new hobby is collecting and displaying cameras old and new. 

The newest addition is this old Polaroid. 
I have film and treated papers to take pictures. 

also have original box case. 
Trying to figure out how old this one is. 

Now  it takes the center spot. 

EB4478F8-EA16-44CA-8C76-532B2B4FC51D.jpeg

If it is similar to the  SX 70 Land Camera, they are quite valuable. Check the prices on eBay. We used to have SX-70. I traded ours in to the camera store for a new lense for my old Canon F-1. Which I also ended up selling on eBay.

Pretty much everything is digital now. Which in a way I like. I can take lots of photos, delete the bad ones and have prints made inexpensively of the ones I do like, for my photo albums and scrapbooks. :classic_biggrin:

Here it is, not quite an SX-70, but a model 95. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Polaroid_instant_cameras#/media/File:Polaroid_Land_Camera_Model_95_-_MIT_Museum_-_DSC03766.JPG

Edited by Coralc

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

In the coverall we have straw, and corn husks to sell for bedding. It is mainly from this year.  We keep it there because it tends to draw mice. It’s 40’X120’ and almost full. We keep hay in the barn where it is also better protect from the elements.is from this year as well. 

The straw is from this years wheat and the hay is from our hayfields. We keep hay in the rotation of crops. It is has been sold to people who live minutes away to as far away as an hour. Sometimes it leaves on a small trailer and sometimes two transport loads at a time. This year we even sold some right out of the field. 

I thought hay and straw were the same thing. Did a google search and learned something new. 😄

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

IMG_6942.MOV 12.77 MB · 9 downloads

Are you just searing the pork loins on the stove, then baking? Or what? Mine turned out dry last time; need advice.

9 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Are you just searing the pork loins on the stove, then baking? Or what? Mine turned out dry last time; need advice.

A quick sear, but the cast iron was preheated in the oven for 20 minutes at 400. Pull cast iron from oven, then add canola oil.  Spice loin to your liking prior to the sear on all sides. Then back into the oven until it is 145 internally, around 20 minutes.  Then rest for 5/10 and serve. It tastes great and is not dry. 

Extra cheese melted on top of the potatoes at the end is one of my favourites.

5F72280E-BC6C-457E-8B85-08BEEFD6F09B.thumb.jpeg.c82660f91321c01f05a778313d613729.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Another option, that we've discussed here, is to sous vide the pork loins and then sear on the cast iron skillet at a very high temperature to finish it.  Since the sous vide process (typically) involves putting the food in a vacuum sealed bag, moisture is retained nicely.  You can tightly control the cook temp and avoid overcooking the pork, which many people do out of fear of eating undercooked pork.  You need the cast iron sear at the end to give it some color and "crunch" on the outside.  We've done pork loins this way several times, usually after a marinade.  Yes...I'm a fan of the sous vide cooking method.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Another option, that we've discussed here, is to sous vide the pork loins and then sear on the cast iron skillet at a very high temperature to finish it.  Since the sous vide process (typically) involves putting the food in a vacuum sealed bag, moisture is retained nicely.  You can tightly control the cook temp and avoid overcooking the pork, which many people do out of fear of eating undercooked pork.  You need the cast iron sear at the end to give it some color and "crunch" on the outside.  We've done pork loins this way several times, usually after a marinade.  Yes...I'm a fan of the sous vide cooking method.

I did a pork loin once in SousVide and loved it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lionesss said:

Over night snow. Guessing about 3 inches down. Supposed to snow all day. 

Front and backyard views. 

C052BE58-F0B8-4484-B89B-0E5089FA381A.jpeg

FB22A975-4DD2-49DF-B9BC-4BE8D0F8688B.jpeg

Wow. Cold here in Florida. Low this morning was 42. Freeze and frost warnings for early morning tomorrow. I decided not to do my normal Wednesday Motorcycle ride tomorrow. I would’ve gone but my riding buddies said they were out. 

• Like 3