Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Woke today at 6 to see that all busses were cancelled for Owen’s school today. When we told him the news he said, “don’t joke with me”. We all went out to feed Lucy and she was curdled up in her bed of shavings. She has not left the barn yet today. Good thing she didn’t go out for the night last night to come home this morning. 

It’s been snowing all day with more to come. It’s a wait and see if blowing happens today or tomorrow morning. These are a few shots from earlier today.

9A9C0499-8088-4FBE-93DA-9FC5F73E71E7.thumb.jpeg.2f1d9c329ad09961a313b425f7bae907.jpeg

2B3C386D-C425-4007-A46A-DFB2F9181A39.thumb.jpeg.5fbb0c117660b15d37c81ba37ccea988.jpeg

4104BC88-58FA-434E-A9D4-4312AC5B6F55.thumb.jpeg.33186f15a4a6ab0f4724f1dc13a7709f.jpeg

• Like 4

I see you got some nice snow too. We have to put up our squirrel.                           ( bird) feeders today. 

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Woke today at 6 to see that all busses were cancelled for Owen’s school today. When we told him the news he said, “don’t joke with me”. We all went out to feed Lucy and she was curdled up in her bed of shavings. She has not left the barn yet today. Good thing she didn’t go out for the night last night to come home this morning. 

It’s been snowing all day with more to come. It’s a wait and see if blowing happens today or tomorrow morning. These are a few shots from earlier today.

9A9C0499-8088-4FBE-93DA-9FC5F73E71E7.thumb.jpeg.2f1d9c329ad09961a313b425f7bae907.jpeg

2B3C386D-C425-4007-A46A-DFB2F9181A39.thumb.jpeg.5fbb0c117660b15d37c81ba37ccea988.jpeg

4104BC88-58FA-434E-A9D4-4312AC5B6F55.thumb.jpeg.33186f15a4a6ab0f4724f1dc13a7709f.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss

14 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I see you got some nice snow too. We have to put up our squirrel.                           ( bird) feeders today. 

Only birds here and they haven’t come out yet today. 12” so far and another 12” reported to come tonight.

For the Floridians to understand, we are in the “eye” and it will begin again soon.  😂

F6E04096-3118-4451-A91F-4BC4BC9B4570.thumb.jpeg.42ae164de5d7994257ae895201a5ef8d.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm at work today and cannot wait to see what 2 kitties did home alone all day.    More pics will be posted soon (hopefully not any messes in the houses such as toilet paper decorating my living room - hehe).

I was worried the last time I brought a new kitten into the empire of "The Queen of the house".  Katie hissed, growled and let me know this was not a good idea.  Luckily was a weekend and was able to watch them.  Katie still not warming up to the new kitten.  Then, Monday had to go to work, crossed my fingers...not sure what to expect.  

Got home and found Katie on my desk with her leg wrapped around a purring Moggy.  They were pals ever since...whew!  Looking forward to the kitty report!

• Like 3

Finally got an official cold snap down here in Florida.  Was the perfect day to make hearty soup...last of the leftover turkey made an excellent heart warming Turkey Noodle Soup.  Mmmm.....was yummy, and was running out of ways to use the left over turkey. 😉 😄 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was worried the last time I brought a new kitten into the empire of "The Queen of the house".  Katie hissed, growled and let me know this was not a good idea.  Luckily was a weekend and was able to watch them.  Katie still not warming up to the new kitten.  Then, Monday had to go to work, crossed my fingers...not sure what to expect.  

Got home and found Katie on my desk with her leg wrapped around a purring Moggy.  They were pals ever since...whew!  Looking forward to the kitty report!

Ahh that's a cute story.     Eva greeted me at the door when I got home last night - she is a little purring machine.     "Cory" still undecided on his name - he answers to anything.     He is a very messy eater.   I do both canned food and hard food.     He's good with canned food but the hard food he picks up and throws it out of the bowl and leaves a mess.     Not sure how to stop that yet.    

He loves to play play play.    He was craving our attention as soon as we were home from work.    Eva is more gentle and sits back and watches where 'Cory' wants to be part of everything and anything. 

Yesterday he discovered a small access panel that also leads into the basement.    He discovered he could pry it open and jump into the basement.   Hubby secured that last night.    Last night I was bringing up indoor Christmas decorations from basement and it was like a whole new world of things to check out in the basement.    

Our basement is partially finished and other half is work bench, storage for holiday items and then our Laundry Room.     This morning he was begging for me to open basement door so he could explore more.    

Everyone slept in bed last night.   Cory tends to be bed hog if you let him.   They are both getting along so that is good.    I promise more pictures to come.     They were playing with catnip mouse when I left for work today.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh that's a cute story.     Eva greeted me at the door when I got home last night - she is a little purring machine.     "Cory" still undecided on his name - he answers to anything.     He is a very messy eater.   I do both canned food and hard food.     He's good with canned food but the hard food he picks up and throws it out of the bowl and leaves a mess.     Not sure how to stop that yet.    

He loves to play play play.    He was craving our attention as soon as we were home from work.    Eva is more gentle and sits back and watches where 'Cory' wants to be part of everything and anything. 

Yesterday he discovered a small access panel that also leads into the basement.    He discovered he could pry it open and jump into the basement.   Hubby secured that last night.    Last night I was bringing up indoor Christmas decorations from basement and it was like a whole new world of things to check out in the basement.    

Our basement is partially finished and other half is work bench, storage for holiday items and then our Laundry Room.     This morning he was begging for me to open basement door so he could explore more.    

Everyone slept in bed last night.   Cory tends to be bed hog if you let him.   They are both getting along so that is good.    I promise more pictures to come.     They were playing with catnip mouse when I left for work today.

Sooo cool!  Thanks for the great story.  Gosh I miss those new kitten days!  Always a full time job indeed "kitten proofing" the house.  They do get into things we would not expect.  😮😉 

My girls were "bed hogs" as well.  

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Snow looks pretty.     In PA we had nasty rain and wind all day.     Some EF0 Tornadoes touched down in several areas near me.       I love snow, but I'm not ready for it yet (although my snow blower is ready to roar).     

Glad to hear Lucy stayed in, safe and sound.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sooo cool!  Thanks for the great story.  Gosh I miss those new kitten days!  Always a full time job indeed "kitten proofing" the house.  They do get into things we would not expect.  😮😉 

My girls were "bed hogs" as well.  

Yes, it has been many years since I had 2 young cats in the house.     I had the little "old ladies" and knew their quirks after all those years.     So it is learning process for all of us.     Cory is quite the talker too    I wasn't even sure Eva knew how to meow till a little soft meow came out at breakfast this morning.    

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A quick sear, but the cast iron was preheated in the oven for 20 minutes at 400. Pull cast iron from oven, then add canola oil.  Spice loin to your liking prior to the sear on all sides. Then back into the oven until it is 145 internally, around 20 minutes.  Then rest for 5/10 and serve. It tastes great and is not dry.

Thank you to A&L, bobmacliberty, and Milwaukee Eight for responses. I often overcook meat out of fear of undercooking. Time to improve!

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Only birds here and they haven’t come out yet today. 12” so far and another 12” reported to come tonight.

For the Floridians to understand, we are in the “eye” and it will begin again soon.  😂

F6E04096-3118-4451-A91F-4BC4BC9B4570.thumb.jpeg.42ae164de5d7994257ae895201a5ef8d.jpeg

Watched Heavy Rescue 401 on TV last night.   Wonder what 401 looks like today. AS I was watching, I decided it would be dangerous to venture out without a full tank of gas.

What is this snow and cold people speak of? Been spending the last several weeks in Aruba, consistently 86  during the day (feels like 98) with "lows" of 79 at night. 

My current situation,  enjoying a local brew.

20201122_154034.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

What is this snow and cold people speak of? Been spending the last several weeks in Aruba, consistently 86  during the day (feels like 98) with "lows" of 79 at night. 

20201122_154034.jpg

UGH.  Enjoy the beach life. 🙂

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

20201122_154034.jpg

oh man I am so Jealous!!!    My DH said we should fly to Aruba for Christmas and do christmas on the beach.   After seeing this I know he is right!      Enjoy, that is one of our favorite islands.

• Like 3