Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

😂 

One of the songs from his Halloween Display from this year. Totally see an Offspring song having potential at your house.

Loved the singing pumpkin

My neighbors couldn't relate to Offspring.

Lust 4 Life might work

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

How about seats, decals, curtains, etc..

Gas or electric?

Can they regulate speed?

Gotta do something to stand out

Electric. Nothing fancy. It’s a Golf and Country Club Community. 

They even charge a trail fee for carts. Private and gated. 

Speed limit 30. I’ll need to look at specifics. They want all carts to look the same. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Electric. Nothing fancy. It’s a Golf and Country Club Community. 

They even charge a trail fee for carts. Private and gated. 

Speed limit 30. I’ll need to look at specifics. They want all carts to look the same. 

30 is very fast for a cart. Mine tops out at 21, it's faster than most stock carts. Course rental carts do about 15.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, singinalot said:

Just home from a wonderful drive through Colorado today with my mom. I’m putting a blog together and will gather my thoughts into a trip report like post, but here are a few sneak peeks

Thanks, will follow.

About your Ireland blog -- did u post only the 1st 2 days, or am I missing the rest?🌼

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

30 is very fast for a cart. Mine tops out at 21, it's faster than most stock carts. Course rental carts do about 15.

The posted speed limit is 30. I wasn’t thinking about the carts. Lol. They are slower than 30. I only know this as we have to pass them on the roads. 

M8

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Today is the day to set up the Christmas tree.  The cat couldn’t even wait for the box to be emptied.  She had to stake her claim before the other cat realized that there were boxes. 

Beautiful cat!!  Indeed they do love boxes, and "investigating" everything in them!!  😉 

• Like 2

Singinalot

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing.

Also, just got a chance to review the last couple pages on this thread....awesome Christmas trees.

I wonder how many people do theme trees or do like us collect travel ornaments when we vacation or just order some from Bronners?

Stay healthy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I don’t mean to be a Grinch however.... to those of you who are placing Christmas lights/decorations in your yards, would you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together? Every time I come around the corner, I think it's the police and I have a panic attack. I have to brake hard, toss my wine out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, and push the gun under the seat. All while trying to drive.
It's just too much drama, even for Christmas.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Oops

OMG...I am glad I was finished with my tea...would have been all over the keyboard!!  😄 😄   Good one John!!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Oh the fun you have in your golf cart

Drinking and driving is encouraged in our neighborhood.  But the 15 mile an hour speed limit observed...can't be a lead foot driving our golf carts, while trying not to spill our wine.  😄 🍷

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

One of the songs from his Halloween Display from this year. Totally see an Offspring song having potential at your house.

Andrew - In case you haven't seen this, a 10 year old girl named Nandi Bushell has been posting drum covers.  She did one for Everlong and challenged Dave Grohl to a drum off.  Dave replied and they went back and forth for a few videos (he wrote a song for her), with Dave ultimately admitting defeat.  Dave handled it perfectly.

(2) Everlong by the Foo Fighters Drum Cover - YouTube

She also plays guitar and bass and did a part of Enter Sandman on all 3:

(2) Enter Sandman by Metallica Tribute - YouTube

Love her enthusiasm and the Michael Jordan like sticking out of the tongue.

• Like 1

Still can't figure out why I'm only get links to YouTube videos rather than having the videos themselves appear.  I'm copy/pasting the entire URL from the YouTube page.  That used to work fine for me.  Suggestions?  

Edit: I have the same problem on both Edge and Chrome.

Edited by bobmacliberty

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

How about seats, decals, curtains, etc..

Gas or electric?

Can they regulate speed?

Gotta do something to stand out

It's anything goes in our community.   There are some really wild ones here.  I am not allowing myself to buy a new custom golf cart until I can store the golf cart in the garage.  Big land yacht takes up the whole RV port, except for the small part at the end I park under.  Out of the sun, undercover, but still in the weather.  

Plan is to sell the land yacht next spring, allowing us to both vehicles under  the huge RV port, then the golf cart in the garage.   That's the plan anyway.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

There are some gas powered carts that will go up to 30, but agree...mine is the same as yours.  My electric cart, even with new batteries ($$$ 😮 )...tops out around 22-23.  

Speed limit here all through the community is 15 for carts, cars, trucks...etc.  

We have a huge cart/bicycle/walking nature trail around the community...no fee.  Also no pets, (alligators present) and no smoking (brush fire hazard St. John's Water management area) on that trail.   Bucky and I love walking the trail before breakfast.  🙂 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Andrew - In case you haven't seen this, a 10 year old girl named Nandi Bushell has been posting drum covers.  She did one for Everlong and challenged Dave Grohl to a drum off.  Dave replied and they went back and forth for a few videos (he wrote a song for her), with Dave ultimately admitting defeat.  Dave handled it perfectly.

(2) Everlong by the Foo Fighters Drum Cover - YouTube

She also plays guitar and bass and did a part of Enter Sandman on all 3:

(2) Enter Sandman by Metallica Tribute - YouTube

Love her enthusiasm and the Michael Jordan like sticking out of the tongue.

Nandi is amazingly great. I have been watching for a while through different channels.  Her musical future should be interesting.  

Routine day in lockdown IS coming to an end in March:

1st option : Stay home and stare out our patio door ( live in Midwest)

2nd option:  Spend a month in Gulf Shores staring out the patio door/sitting on the balcony staring at the Beach/Gulf 

We've decided if we have to continue the quarantine it's going to be somewhere warm.

Wear masks, social distance as much as possible, eat/drink mainly outdoors. 

Added we are both retired and can/will quarantine at home if needed.

Edited by beerman2
  • Like 3

Just watched the launch of the cargo supply rocket from our back yard.  Nice launch!  Forgot to take pictures...duh.  😞 

Perfect landing on the barge in the ocean of the spent booster.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

On 11/30/2020 at 9:07 PM, singinalot said:

post #3445

On 12/1/2020 at 3:39 AM, singinalot said:

so happy to hear it! It was such a wonderful trip! There are about 6 or 7 posts on my blog from the trip - each day

44 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I posted all of them 🙂 links:

Crystal, I've enjoyed reading ALL the days ... Your writing, as usual, is beautiful. And the views... and this special green-green-green that says "Ireland" all over. Thanks for an enjoyable reading.

PS -- I've felt bad about troubling you to post again all the links, so I went back to see if, at my advanced age, I've missed the other ones. My piece of mind is restored 😉