Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Νo, we are near the pier at Lauderdale by the Sea. Pompano is about 3 miles up the beach. 

We have spent several winter holidays here, and just decided we needed a March break this year.  It is a nice break, since we had been doing remote learning with our young grandkids, and they went back to in-school learning.  

I don't blame you for needing the break. When we were living in Ct we would escape on Explorer out of Bayonne, mostly B2b.  Glad we are now here. I saw the pier but I wasn't sure where it was.  Not a lot of them. They do tend to get damaged by bad weather.

2 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I'm jealous that you are B2B but at least we are booked for 12/5. I'm not getting my hopes up but my husband is getting more confident every day. Hopefully we will "sea " each other , we are a few rooms down from you.

Funny actually, as your screen name goes...  The reason we are doing all B2Bs (and more legs too) is that we had become pet less almost 2 years ago (for the first time in my life).  Though I dearly miss my sweet girls something awful and cried for a year...it was over a year ago we decided to start the longer cruises and do more international.   So...here comes Covid 19 slamming that plan down.  😞 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 1:02 PM, bobmacliberty said:

As for the wall color, you're probably talking about the seafoam green back wall.  Previous owners did not leave any spare paint in that color but left a sample of the paint on a piece of cardboard.  Our local Sherwin Williams store could not match it to anything in their catalog, probably because the cardboard sample isn't great.  My wife will be picking up some of their swatches to see if she can match it that way.  I'll post here if we find the color name. 

Following up.  The green on our wall is Sherwin Williams Waterscape.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

We now have 4 consecutive cruises booked on Allure starting the end of January.

I have four consecutive weeks October after that.  🙂   Or...at least I think we do.  Not counting on anything any longer.  😞 

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have four consecutive weeks October after that.  🙂   Or...at least I think we do.  Not counting on anything any longer.  😞 

What worked out well for these cruises was that the canceled cruises are still listed as past cruises, so we had the booking numbers listed. The C&A  guy looked the up to get the FCCs and said the were Next Cruise booking, so we also got the onboard credits we had for those cruises. ( WE had  a B2B2B Odyssey booked this year)

It was depressing  going to the RCI web site an see the message "You have no booked cruises."  At least , last year, we did a B2B 10/11 day before the wheels came off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Reason #28 why I hate March.  Last week, temps were close to hitting 70. Today, I woke up to 19.

I don't mind wintry cold weather as long as it's consistently wintry cold.  Same with warm. But I detest the bouncing back and forth swings like a yo-yo. Fortunately, only 2 more weeks to go. At least April the spring temps are mostly consistent.  Love April. Warmth without the humidity and bugs, trees and bushes blooming. Thankfully I don't have hay fever.

That sounds like Dallas area temps.  This winter anyway. 

Gorgeous and sunny today. I didn't check exact temps, just popped out on my balcony to see how warm it was. Probably 70s. I'll take it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We have that issue here too. They all seem to like the left lane on our highways. 😇

Got that covered.  When we spend the summer in Maine...paybacks.  😉  Though it was more fun with the land yacht doing that...we will still have the rental car this summer.  😄 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So a nice day at the beach this morning.  I had walked down the beach, and spotted some dark shapes moving in the water, about 15-20 feet off shore.  The Jaws music is playing in my head, but I still had not seen a fin appear.

Meanwhile, my wife is playing in the water, about 15 feet offshore, where I see these shapes swimming toward her.  Hmm, decision  time - Do I tell her something is swimming toward her, or get my camera first to capture her expression?

Since I value my life, I called her out of the water, then got my camera and followed them.  😂😂

IMG_5309.MOV 74.74 MB · 10 downloads

Three manatees!!!!

Very nice!

My 12 year old granddaughter asked for and received a record player.  She is into vinyl so we went through my old albums.  What a walk down memory lane!  I have a bunch of Beatles, Neil Diamond, musical shows Barbra Streisand and a bunch of others.  Found a Fleetwood Mac I didn’t even know I had.  next up the 500 45’s stored away🤪

• Like 6

So today we drove to Cades Cove.  Up the Smokey mountains. The only wildlife we saw was a few eagles. 
Then returned to Gatlinburg. High winds. Went to aquarium. Very nice. Took 3 hours to see everything at a leisurely pace. 
Then off to dinner and drinks. After my Merlot I took a picture of the menu.  Um. Only got first page.  What the heck. Ordered another Merlot. 
had prime rib. Sweet potato and ceaser salad. 

Getting ready to take a walk then relax in jacuzzi. 

Hope all are well. Spotty WiFi here.  Many of my post “ lost  in cyber space”. Many sites not refreshing. I will have a lot of catching up to do. 

Take care. 

Also went to Titanic museum early this morning. Spent three hours there. Got to meet a captain who was one of the lucky 200 men to go down on an expedition to see the underwater Titanic and recover relics. His talk was excellent!!!  Best museum we have ever visited. Highly recommend. 

They  have a lego re creation of the Titanic that an 11 year old autistic boy created. They just got it last year.  Unbelievable!!!

Be safe. 

5207FDE7-2035-437F-9430-94E24D2C347A.jpeg

1FCA0EA6-2579-4DD7-8D72-8FEC4EBB1FD6.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Funny actually, as your screen name goes...  The reason we are doing all B2Bs (and more legs too) is that we had become pet less almost 2 years ago (for the first time in my life).  Though I dearly miss my sweet girls something awful and cried for a year...it was over a year ago we decided to start the longer cruises and do more international.   So...here comes Covid 19 slamming that plan down.  😞 

We have had pets for over 30 years and it has always been a challenge to find a good sitter that I trust. It's not easy when you have multiple pets. We now have 2 Newfoundlands, 6 and 7 years old, that are our last babies. I don't wish for anything to happen to them but when their time comes we will not be getting another pet for a while. I want to be able to lock up the house and go wherever we want and for as long as we want.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Before retiring, my work involved a lot of conference calls with people in Europe. The 2 week period when daylight savings did not align between the US and Europe always caused meeting time confusion.  Seems like that could be the kind of thing that we all agree to do at the same time. 

Didn't they use to match? I thought 'W' moved it forward two weeks.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So today we drove to Cades Cove.  Up the Smokey mountains. The only wildlife we saw was a few eagles. 
Then returned to Gatlinburg. High winds. Went to aquarium. Very nice. Took 3 hours to see everything at a leisurely pace. 
Then off to dinner and drinks. After my Merlot I took a picture of the menu.  Um. Only got first page.  What the heck. Ordered another Merlot. 
had prime rib. Sweet potato and ceaser salad. 

Getting ready to take a walk then relax in jacuzzi. 

Hope all are well. Spotty WiFi here.  Many of my post “ lost  in cyber space”. Many sites not refreshing. I will have a lot of catching up to do. 

Take care. 

Also went to Titanic museum early this morning. Spent three hours there. Got to meet a captain who was one of the lucky 200 men to go down on an expedition to see the underwater Titanic and recover relics. His talk was excellent!!!  Best museum we have ever visited. Highly recommend. 

They  have a lego re creation of the Titanic that an 11 year old autistic boy created. They just got it last year.  Unbelievable!!!

Be safe. 

5207FDE7-2035-437F-9430-94E24D2C347A.jpeg

1FCA0EA6-2579-4DD7-8D72-8FEC4EBB1FD6.jpeg

Sounds like another great day.  I wonder what is the connection for this area to have a titantic museum.  Very interesting.   My Dh and I love this kind of stuff.  Sounds like we need to put this area on our to.do.list!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My 12 year old granddaughter asked for and received a record player.  She is into vinyl so we went through my old albums.  What a walk down memory lane!  I have a bunch of Beatles, Neil Diamond, musical shows Barbra Streisand and a bunch of others.  Found a Fleetwood Mac I didn’t even know I had.  next up the 500 45’s stored away🤪

I have several hundred albums mostly 60’s and 70’s , we have been doing 70’s music cruises and have gotten many signed by original bands like America, BJ Thomas , Steven Bishop and Michael McDonald among others, fun talking to these artists also and hearing there stories.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I still have my Carol King Tapestry album. I also have Streisand's Color Me Barbra and a bunch of others.  Sweet memories.

• Like 3

So the meat orgy continued. Tonight the SIL smoked tri-tip. It was exceptional 👌

All packed and ready to go. Tomorrow’s a travel day. DW is staying behind for more grandkid time.  She’ll catch up in a week or so. She might bring one along though so that’ll be nice.  

47840085-E9ED-47FB-82F6-1D8B15C4D4FB.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just started my day by ordering 4 new iPhone 12’s.   It was time to move up from our 6s’s.  I will have something to play with when I get home later this week. 

Another day at the beach for me.

A nice photo from yesterday.

341FB77D-2D87-4753-BDC3-0FD1CFB7BF44.thumb.jpeg.fd787e2cdf996f829ebb75d4f83800eb.jpeg

• Like 9