Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

Oh, and I might have a carbon monoxide leak.  The alarm company replaced my detector last week and last night it was flashing red.  I'm talking to the alarm company now.  Freakin; 2021!

Edited by maureencruiser
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I think he said $10 off😉


$10 off each box of ribeyes.  
 

Total of $30 off for them, free pepperettes and a free 3.5 lb roast.  It’s all going to taste delicious.😋

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

Then, yesterday, my glaucoma Doc said I  have more damage to my optic nerve.  We're trying to avoid surgery, so, I'm now using eyedrops for it. 

 

Thanks, Maureen. Fully vaccinated here, with nowhere to go....

 

I used to manage an ophthalmologist clinic, and, based on my experience, the glaucoma drops are doing wonders. Hopefully, this will be the case for you too. The breakthroughs in this domain are quite remarkable.

 

Fingers crossed for 🐸 and your other cruises. This Carnival cruise seems more real than the Divina one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

 the glaucoma drops are doing wonders. Hopefully, this will be the case for you too. 

. This Carnival cruise seems more real than the Divina one.

 

I have green eyes and the pharmacist said, the drops might turn my eyes brown.  Boo!  Will I still be Irish without my green eyes? 😁  The Divina cruise includes an overnight at their private island, so, that is something to look forward to.  And, it goes to Cozumel.  If I can get up the stairs to Coconuts, I'll hop then.  If not, maybe they'll bring ceviche and a margarita to the bus. 🤪 I hate to miss that view, though. 

cozumelview.jpg

Edited by maureencruiser
Added picture
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

 

I have green eyes and the pharmacist said, the drops might turn my eyes brown.  Boo!  Will I still be Irish without my green eyes? 😁  

 

I have a cousin with blue eyes that was told the same thing. She was a nervous wreck over it. We have always been quite happy with our blue eyes. I did do a bit of teasing.😇

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there is nothing like that fully vaccinated feeling.  

 

It is nice to be somewhere warm, and more open than our home state.  It is so nice to go out to eat again, like it is 2019. 

 

Now if Royal would be able to do fully vaccinated cruises here, count me in. 

 

Meanwhile, iguana on the pool deck. 


F6AE12CD-5E14-4397-A3D8-E7423C019551.thumb.jpeg.4b6ce9eef3040455315a7ec8083bfce9.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the current state of affairs in our backyard. (ugh so ugly & brown right now) Landscapers expect to start laying the paver apron at the end of this month, then black iron fencing around it. If anyone has pool pictures they’d be willing to share, I’m looking for inspiration.  We have a rough sketch including walkway to the deck & patio but  it’s not the same as as actual photos.  

5BC6B00D-2613-45B9-8010-165AF02F2F97.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The boss and I took a break from. Bikeweek today and had a final meeting with the design center to tidy up are choices for our new home. So much to take in. Here are some of our picks for the new house. We decided to go with a different color on cabinets for the Island. 
 

DB02F9A7-BA19-4BE4-AE27-9A12DE840813.jpeg

08FFF204-072E-4244-84F7-465892160C54.jpeg

4F2ACA9B-219D-4E8F-9ECF-31FE009E8303.jpeg

671C9BD3-BAEC-4D77-9C60-709B93834CDA.jpeg

A0D7F0D7-FFE6-41E9-B3FC-8C50C7F4EE81.jpeg

1AB83308-D5E3-4057-9692-1D965D5BFA83.jpeg

A2F9F364-499A-4734-AE92-FC82975C452F.jpeg

C3837EA2-9EC6-4999-9A74-8198C740D96B.jpeg

CF3DC628-EE5F-43F7-9A60-1318FA143F16.jpeg

43A3DC07-0FAF-46E1-B75B-312A31048D73.jpeg

66B3B51F-4295-4691-8B0D-1A4AF9956D6D.jpeg

781211A3-7D3D-4888-B29F-47FF41CDC0B3.jpeg

1A7E69C2-67FC-4A9B-8BCC-F2BB6B6C6499.jpeg

37AC336C-41E2-493B-9676-33E6FBFA771F.jpeg

7020FFB0-A75A-47EC-9565-770A74E87603.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some photos I took today of our elevation drawings. It’s hard to read. This builder doesn’t give the plans until we close. It aggravates us but it is what it is. 
 

Front view

 

974809E4-77E9-46A7-9B9F-EBB7ADA41D4A.jpeg

2F41DCB7-8EA9-4D1E-BDF0-0337067D53F3.jpeg

Side view

 

A74F22C3-D407-4787-876D-EB58AAD96926.jpeg


Rear view

424541F3-4B9A-4395-AA31-131B619EF5C6.jpeg

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Indeed.

 

I've liked the Brown Fantasy LV5, and another one which I cannot "decipher", but that's me -- more colorful 😉

These are our picks. The Brown Fantasy are our Kitchen and Island Counter tops.  We had to use Granite as our Island is to big for Quartz. The other similar pattern is for the Master Bath (oops, can’t call it that now. It’s the Owners Bath). 
 

We go early in the build to put our hands on the granite before final cut. We get to pick our rock. 
 

M8

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The boss and I took a break from. Bikeweek today and had a final meeting with the design center to tidy up are choices for our new home. So much to take in. Here are some of our picks for the new house. We decided to go with a different color on cabinets for the Island. 
 

DB02F9A7-BA19-4BE4-AE27-9A12DE840813.jpeg

08FFF204-072E-4244-84F7-465892160C54.jpeg

4F2ACA9B-219D-4E8F-9ECF-31FE009E8303.jpeg

671C9BD3-BAEC-4D77-9C60-709B93834CDA.jpeg

A0D7F0D7-FFE6-41E9-B3FC-8C50C7F4EE81.jpeg

1AB83308-D5E3-4057-9692-1D965D5BFA83.jpeg

A2F9F364-499A-4734-AE92-FC82975C452F.jpeg

C3837EA2-9EC6-4999-9A74-8198C740D96B.jpeg

CF3DC628-EE5F-43F7-9A60-1318FA143F16.jpeg

43A3DC07-0FAF-46E1-B75B-312A31048D73.jpeg

66B3B51F-4295-4691-8B0D-1A4AF9956D6D.jpeg

781211A3-7D3D-4888-B29F-47FF41CDC0B3.jpeg

1A7E69C2-67FC-4A9B-8BCC-F2BB6B6C6499.jpeg

37AC336C-41E2-493B-9676-33E6FBFA771F.jpeg

7020FFB0-A75A-47EC-9565-770A74E87603.jpeg

 

So many beautiful choices. I would have a hard time deciding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a cousin with blue eyes that was told the same thing. She was a nervous wreck over it. We have always been quite happy with our blue eyes. I did do a bit of teasing.😇

Did her eyes change?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

 

Umm, I have to be careful with what I say, but, it looks like I'm not going to Cozumel .  It'd take a miracle at this point.   Thanks for asking, though.  

Does the tequila taste anything like the Castries Peanut Rum? I read on Sid’s thread that there is a way to vote every hour or something. I see you also don’t have a link in your signature to your blog like Saint Greg does.

Edited by ReneeFLL
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The boss and I took a break and had a final meeting with the design center to tidy up are choices for our new home. 

 

08FFF204-072E-4244-84F7-465892160C54.jpeg

 

So I'm intrigued by the sample above [last, bottom, on the left, white with a middle irregular pattern].

 

The others, which you've already chosen, are "classics" 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

 

So I'm intrigued by the sample above [last, bottom, on the left, white with a middle irregular pattern].

 

The others, which you've already chosen, are "classics" 👍

That’s the Quartz counter top in the design center. Not part of our build. Our stuff is is on top of the counter top. 😎

 

We couldn’t use Quartz as it can’t be pieced (spliced) together like Granite and our Island is too big for Quartz, which is man made (or gender neutral made). Our Island is 12’x6’.  Can’t manufacture a slab that big. 
 

M8

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Just took a screenshot of your instructions to try this year.   We have wonderful local corn here, late summer is best. Thanks for sharing.

I just did the same too.    This sounds great as I love the fresh NJ corn we get late summer

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just did the same too.    This sounds great as I love the fresh NJ corn we get late summer

I did also. Looking forward to trying it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...