Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm going with secret agent.  A lot of James Bond type weapons can be hidden in the rig of his.  That skiing / flowrider persona on CC is just part of his cover.

And as he works in both Canada & the US, he apparently is a double-agent.

I’m thinking he’s involved in public health or mental health. 

And if you cross him, it won’t be good for your mental health. 🙃😉

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m thinking he’s involved in public health or mental health. 

And if you cross him, it won’t be good for your mental health. 🙃😉

I believe you are correct.  On both counts. 🙂

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That lawyer better be adding a couple of more zero's to that number.

BTW, I love your writing style. Serious. Sometime I'll read your posts more than once b/c i enjoy them.

Yeah, for $1000 I'll buy it myself.

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

debating whether to hit the book button 🤷‍♀️☺️🙏🏻72D13785-3AEF-4EE9-9CE0-6A5154CB6498.thumb.jpeg.b1555bc52a6271ca48ad53da8d5e857e.jpeg

Greece are very keen to get their tourism returning plus that is a great time to visit.

Europe in general is doing poorly with vaccinations though and there is talk of a third wave of covid19 happening now in Europe.

Graham.

Florida just officially opened Covid vaccines to 50 years old+ today.  Checked a nearby Publix and was able to get two appointments for my wife on Wednesday.  I'm surprised that worked so easily.    

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Florida just officially opened Covid vaccines to 50 years old+ today.  Checked a nearby Publix and was able to get two appointments for my wife on Wednesday.  I'm surprised that worked so easily.    

When they opened it up for 60+ I got my husband an appointment at Publix for that Tuesday.  Very easy to do and I was surprised.  Getting my appointment in January was a little more difficult.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, singinalot said:

they actually have a mileage saver sale right now for first class which is why I'm tempted to book.

I have (soon to be had ☹️) a lot of Delta Miles since I've been Platinum for many years.  I use them exclusively for business/first class tickets on long haul flights.  It's the only way to fly. 😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Keksie said:

When they opened it up for 60+ I got my husband an appointment at Publix for that Tuesday.  Very easy to do and I was surprised.  Getting my appointment in January was a little more difficult.

Glad to hear that. I was lucky as I got to use the bosses coattails (white one too) to get myself and my mother vaccinated early on. The hospital here where the boss has privileges allowed one day for family members 65+ to get vaccinated. 

M8

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, singinalot said:

so that I don't jinx anything, I'll tell in a couple days 🤣

yeah I'm thinking we'll wait until at least May and see how things are going before I book 😞

they actually have a mileage saver sale right now for first class which is why I'm tempted to book.

You move to Florida and you will be hard pressed to find good/Convenient flights on United.  United is great flying out of Colorado, but somewhat limited out of the South. 

Delta and US Air rule here. 

M8

8 minutes ago, singinalot said:

after we got surprised with that first class upgrade in 2019, we decided it's the only way to do long haul flights if we can help it. Since then I've really focused on growing our points and churning cards. Should be able to do 2 weeks hopping around Greece for food and ferry prices only 🤞🤞

See post  #11602

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You move to Florida and you will be hard pressed to find good/Convenient flights on United.  United is great flying out of Colorado, but somewhat limited out of the South. 

Delta and US Air rule here. 

M8

Delta is our go to airline. Usually at least one flight per hour to ATL during normal times. And often you can get a real good fare on first class. We got spoiled.

• Like 2

So, thought of you M8 on the way home from Atlantic City.  One of the most beautiful Harleys I have ever seen was riding next to us.  I will have to ask my brother to get me an old lady’s discount for one,  except I would have to go to Texas to get it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

So, thought of you M8 on the way home from Atlantic City.  One of the most beautiful Harleys I have ever seen was riding next to us.  I will have to ask my brother to get me an old lady’s discount for one,  except I would have to go to Texas to get it

There were lots of beautiful bikes here last couple of weeks. I leave mine pretty much stock. The boss likes to trick hers out a bit more but doesn’t mess with the paint. The payback is never worth it. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There were lots of beautiful bikes here last couple of weeks. I leave mine pretty much stock. The boss likes to trick hers out a bit more but doesn’t mess with the paint. They payback is never worth it. 

M8

Agree. But with some extra "BOSS". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Texas opened up vaccines for 50 plus last Monday , better half has a appointment this Wednesday 😁😁

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I agree about the hurricanes. You can watch and run if needed. Tornadoes and earthquakes are scary. We lived in the San Jose foothills not to far from Mirassou Winery 🍷 when the Loma Prieta earthquake hit. I worked on a secure building and was leaving at the time. You had to use a card to get in or out. I was in between the 2 security doors when it hit. I was new to earthquakes so this was my first. I started to freak out when I couldn’t open the door. I kept trying my card to no avail and on top of that the emergency release button wouldn’t open the door either. 😳🤬😱 

Our company had just completed building a new building with all glass walls. Nothing but glass. I could see the walls and glass sort of rolling and I was parked about 50 feet from it. All I could envision was the glass just shattering everywhere. I was so scared. 101 was an absolute nightmare since the exit streets had no working stop lights. People in that area didn’t know they should make it into a 4 way stop sign. 😡 I was so happy to move to KW after that.

Very similar experience. We had just moved to Fremont and were living on the fourth floor with underground parking. I was alone with my 4 week old son so I grabbed him, loaded up a diaper bag and flew down the stairs hoping we could make it out of the parking garage before the building collapsed. It didn't collapse but ever after shock made me nervous. We slept on the living room floor for days. I couldn't wait to get back to FL and the hurricanes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1