Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I don't think so 🙂 I grew up outside of St. Louis and then moved to Joplin for a semester at Ozark Christian College. I then moved to Webb City and worked at Taco Bell at the ripe old age of 19. LOL.  Lived in the area until I was 24 🙂

I did the smart thing. Moved from WC to St Louis.  I graduated WCHS in 1980, and off to University of Missouri in Columbia

Haven't been back in 20 years

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me too...it was quicker to walk home from school versus riding the bus (I was end of the route)...so I could be in time to watch it.   Big bowl of vanilla ice cream with Ovaltine on top was after school TV snack!  😉 

Laura watched it after school. Probably easier on east coast.  It was on an hour earlier in the Midwest. I only saw it in summer

3 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ha! small world.  I have not been back and have no desire to go back either. Yuck.

All the chat piles are gone, I think they dumped it all in the open mine on 71.😉

Yes, I grew up playing in a toxic waste playground. Good times

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Ditch the Airstream dream 

Bowlus Road Chief

Screenshot_20210323-084058_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5d445675f506a5da87e9e102f098a54f.jpg

Make a statement

I sort of like the Bowlus... The tanks are really really small, and they have come out with a real solar version. I am doubtful, I can convince the lovely and gracious Krystal to let me spend the quarter of a million that the desirable Bowlus costs.  I do like the size and weight, but the kitchen is underwhelming.  It would look good behind my Gladiator.  There is a guy with a Tesla that has a blog that has pulled it all over the place.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't think the physicians are really involved in the billing part. I'm sorry about your mom. :classic_smile: 

When my duck died during surgery, I still had to pay the bill. I knew what it cost going in for the surgery, and I asked the vet if it was worth it. 

And she replied, "Patti, it's a duck. She is worth about $5. It is what you want to spend on her as a pet." :classic_biggrin:

So I am an advocate of paying bills for the things we care about. :classic_smile:

And it was the joint account part Bonnie. They shouldn't expect you to pay it if you weren't on her accounts. 

So true. I paid for a c section on a guinea pig. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura watched it after school. Probably easier on east coast.  It was on an hour earlier in the Midwest. I only saw it in summer

We were "east coast"  time in Michigan.  It was on I think at 3:30 pm or something like that?  Just barely made it home to watch it.  Saw an episode a few years ago, retro TV show...and could not believe I used to watch that silly show...but hey...I was a kid!  😉  

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky was hanging onto my Sauvignon Blanc so I could take the picture.  😉   Otto preferred white wine as well.  😄 

I said to Pauline that Bucky was holding your drink while you took the photo.

• Like 2

I was an "All My Children" girl.  So glad Erica-Susan Lucci. finally got her Emmy after 19 nominations.

I remember our very first TV was delivered in the 50s on a Saturday.. Delivery guy put on Howdy Doody. I remember the last show when Clarabelle spoke for the first and last time.  Lots of "younguns" in here don't know what I am talking about.  He said choked up..."goodbye kids". I think he was the guy who was Capt. Kangaroo a show I never liked.  Even as a kid I had discriminating taste.😇

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have the “big game” Foodsaver vacuum and it works great. Foodsaver has discontinued this model, unfortunately. 

My first thought was what would you put in that?  A moose hock? How big is this thing? I can see how it would be useful for a smoked shoulder.

My dad did a c-section on my guinea pig.  And, no, he was not a veterinarian.  He did manage to save the two babies for me.  I guess you could say he was a jack of all trades.  Lumberjack, re-built barns and our homes, and surgery if necessary.

Edited by Sheal
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, Sheal said:

My dad did a c-section on my guinea pig.  And, no, he was not a veterinarian.  He did manage to save the two babies for me.  I guess you could say he was a jack of all trades.  Lumberjack, re-built barns and our homes, and surgery if necessary.

Your dad was better than the vet. We lost all 5 babies.

I'm glad this thread steered toward older TV shows.  Even though it only dates back to 1990, we were big fans of Twin Peaks.  I've looked a couple of times in the past at how to watch it online but it was stuck in some sort of legal battle and wasn't available online.  It's been a while since I looked so I checked again before typing this message and it's now available on Netflix!  One more thing that we can binge watch. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And speaking of binge watching, I have a confession.  We started watching Cobra Kai on Netflix.  It's basically The Karate Kid several decades later with the same actors playing Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence, and still being rivals.  It's not the greatest acting in the world, but it's entertaining.

• Like 4

Every day, we are getting outside for a hike, and DW and I see quite a few eagles. 

I just came across this live streaming webcam of an eagle’s nest.  Yesterday, there were 3 eggs in the nest.  This morning, the first of them hatched. If anyone wants to check it out, here it is. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Tom Hanks wife, Rita Wilson was a nurse on that show. I think her name was Lacey?

Law and Order had many unknowns who became stars.One exception is a good friend of my wife’s sister who is an actor .He had many appearances on the show but never made it big,