Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, DH got his inspiration from the recipe of FIDEUA (pls. check this link, among others--

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/seafood-fideua-paella )

His tips:

- Very thin pasta.

- Fry in oil for a mere minute.

- Break in small pieces.

Add mussels, heads and rings of calamari, shrimps & tiger shrimps, morsels of a white fish.

Here all those ingredients are only found frozen.

Thanks sounds great the only  fish ingredient I have in the freezer are prawns. I don't have saffron either.😮

That sounds great.

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

A stroll down to the mailbox is like a field day!

Kroger and Publix make my day.  I don't think I have bought so much food before.

It's so beautiful here I actually waited in a "social distancing" line at Home Depot because I had to have flowers!  They are essential for my mental health!😊

• Like 1

I still have to go to work everyday. I get to set my own schedule so I arrive at 4am and leave at noon. It's my way of trying to avoid people. Just me and one nurse for most of my mornings. My hands are raw from washing them and using sanitizer. After a few weeks of it I have gotten used to it. I come home and nap for a few hours. I like still working because of course I still get paid and sitting at home is not appealing. I am really worried about getting sick tho so my anxiety is very high. My husband runs his own business so he goes to work everyday too. Stopped by walmart curbside to pick up a script and the parking lot was crowded. People coming and going like any other day. It's ridiculous how many do not take stay at home seriously. Pennsylvania is essential workers only and you would never know it.

• Like 1

You people don't need to cruise with all the good food and drink you are showing. 😀

uhh, I need to diet so I can pig out on the next cruise, whenever that will be.

I put on half a pound a day when cruising- drinks and food. Miss the beef tenderloin

medium rare the most right now.

It's tough in Illinois, been restricted for awhile now, but it will be much longer. 

• Like 1

Woke up early. Funny how when I was working, the alarm always woke me up.  Now I'm up by 5:45 every morning with no alarm.  Started sending out emails and updating the Facebook page for my school.  Read a little of Fahrenheit 451.  Sent DH to pick up my online grocery order, and he also brought me a Sonic drink (it's the little things right now).  I took my mom's share of the groceries to her house.  She lives right behind us.  I worry about being around her, but since no one in our house is working outside the home, I think we are relatively safe.  She is very recently widowed, and I think being totally alone would be too much for her right now. We visited and watched People's Court together.  I told the DS to get going on his homework while I was gone. Later they sent out an email saying no one would get a semester grade lower than what they had as of the March 18th grade check, so there went his motivation. HA!   DS & DH also ran up to the school to pick up a lunch for him. Got back home to find out that we now had a stay at home order, so I had to cancel the teacher parade.  😞 Then we all watched Outward on Disney +.  I made homemade Alfredo sauce and pasta for dinner and taught DS how to make it.  It was delicious.  I'm trying to take this opportunity to teach him how to cook a few things!  Now we've all retired to do our own stuff for the rest of the evening.  

• Like 6

On 4/2/2020 at 4:37 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Helping the Grand Daughter with Online/Home schooling that started this week. Nothing new, was single father raised 3 kids on my own, Home schooled the oldest. Sat out on balcony, though view isnt same as Cruise was supposed be on. Did actually watch my ship on Port Cam pull out hr ago... Just did my daily check on future bookings, have received  $3000+ in reductions last 4 weeks.  One Cruise has changed my 12-1 liter Evian available to the 12-Dansi 16oz metal bottles. Ounce for Ounce about same, though can get 24 Dansi for $28.99. Even in usual plastic Bottles Dasani has metal taste to me, like each has a nickle in it....

I totally agree!  I thought I was crazy, but I told my husband it has a metal taste to it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, travelinmoma said:

.........DS & DH also ran up to the school to pick up a lunch for him.......

Why would they go to a school to pick up lunch? Isn't that just increasing the exposure risk?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ladybugpug said:

My hands are raw from washing them and using sanitizer. After a few weeks of it I have gotten used to it. 

I have a bit of advice. DH and I had raw hands as well, and then I discovered something way back in a cabinet.  Apparently, at the 1 Mary Kay party I went to 15 years ago, I had bought 2 tubes of “silky hands”- a peach one for me, and I scented for DH, and they weren’t even open yet.  You use just a tiny, tiny squirt once or twice a day after washing your hands.  It’s magic!  Within a week, our hands were back to normal!!!  I highly recommend!  I need to find a Mary Kay person, so I can buy more in the future 🙂

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They actually issued 90+ warnings here in Volusia for being on the beach yesterday. 

And the guy that they just showed on the news fishing on the beach with 3 rods in the water was okay because he is a "commercial" fisherman and an essential service- - SURE HE IS😇

Edited by molly361
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, molly361 said:

And the guy that they just showed on the news fishing on the beach with 3 rods in the water was okay because he is a "commercial" fisherman and an essential service- - SURE HE IS😇

I didn’t see that. I’m pro 2nd amendment, but this is like that person that has a fishing pole and openly caring an AR. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If  and  I do mean If, If a person is by themselves out in nature fishing to get food to eat I dont see a problem.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Newleno said:

If  and  I do mean If, If a person is by themselves out in nature fishing to get food to eat I dont see a problem.

I'm with you intellectually.  Many beaches are plenty big enough for proper social distancing.  So are parks and other public areas.  No reason that people should not be able to use them if done so properly.  The problem is, many people will not follow the smart guidelines, so you have to make them follow stupid rules.

• Like 2

Here in Ohio  our neighboring county has the most reported deaths for the state.

And we were one of the first states to start the social distancing around March 15th.

Our governor now has issued a new policy that all grocery stores are to have one way traffic in all aisles as well as limit the number of patrons in the store to minimal and have a plan in place by Sunday.

Many food stores are having you place your order online and pay with a credit card 4 days in advance.

The store emails you what time to come and what space to park in, you lift up your trunk and they place order in car. This is occurring in about 20% of grocery stores.

This is in addition too:

Some supplies being non-existent.  

Of course we just got Toilet paper back to the state, and paper towels, but limit one per transaction.

Eggs are low in supply

Depending what day of the week determines the type of bread available. And again the food store you go to.

White bread available daily, rye, wheat, wraps buns vary which day.

Some days tons of red meat, others none.

Somedays tons of chicken, others none.

Sea food abundant supplies.

No tylenol in stores for a few days, just got a bottle at CVS.  

Not supposed to take Ibuprofen at this time.

We have a bakery in Warren Ohio, that was open during the great depression and  it makes sure all get the bread they need.  Kudos to this company.  Many cannot travel here though.  And their price has not gone up.

The lines at the food bank were over 1/2 mile long in cars due to unemployment.

Also To home quarantine, only go out for food, medicine gas and work....police are monitoring traffic and giving citations.

No hospital or nursing home visits.

Weddings and Funerals are also included in the restrictions

Wedding venues closed, brides and grooms have to rebook, Funerals only immediate family.......will have celebrations of life at later date.

No gatherings in a house except for the people in the house, and yes the news had a story they cited a man for a quarantine party in Youngstown Ohio.

Turn in any and all PPE to your nearest hospital (that is if you have extra boxes). 

Oh gas is $1.01 a gallon, with no where to go.

Whewwwwww

Thats enough

Stay healthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Here in Ohio  our neighboring county has the most reported deaths for the state.

And we were one of the first states to start the social distancing around March 15th.

Our governor now has issued a new policy that all grocery stores are to have one way traffic in all aisles as well as limit the number of patrons in the store to minimal and have a plan in place by Sunday.

Many food stores are having you place your order online and pay with a credit card 4 days in advance.

The store emails you what time to come and what space to park in, you lift up your trunk and they place order in car. This is occurring in about 20% of grocery stores.

This is in addition too:

Some supplies being non-existent.  

Of course we just got Toilet paper back to the state, and paper towels, but limit one per transaction.

Eggs are low in supply

Depending what day of the week determines the type of bread available. And again the food store you go to.

White bread available daily, rye, wheat, wraps buns vary which day.

Some days tons of red meat, others none.

Somedays tons of chicken, others none.

Sea food abundant supplies.

No tylenol in stores for a few days, just got a bottle at CVS.  

Not supposed to take Ibuprofen at this time.

We have a bakery in Warren Ohio, that was open during the great depression and  it makes sure all get the bread they need.  Kudos to this company.  Many cannot travel here though.  And their price has not gone up.

The lines at the food bank were over 1/2 mile long in cars due to unemployment.

Also To home quarantine, only go out for food, medicine gas and work....police are monitoring traffic and giving citations.

No hospital or nursing home visits.

Weddings and Funerals are also included in the restrictions

Wedding venues closed, brides and grooms have to rebook, Funerals only immediate family.......will have celebrations of life at later date.

No gatherings in a house except for the people in the house, and yes the news had a story they cited a man for a quarantine party in Youngstown Ohio.

Turn in any and all PPE to your nearest hospital (that is if you have extra boxes). 

Oh gas is $1.01 a gallon, with no where to go.

Whewwwwww

Thats enough

Stay healthy.

+1 - only 1 person per cart at golf courses.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, SilkySal said:

At least, we are giving him the option to get out of his house for a few hours, get some fresh air, gaze at the lake, and have a social visit with us. Told him we would order pizza for lunch! Last year, he underwent 9-bypass heart surgery and I am more worried about his health vs ours. So am I awful for not allowing him to stay with us for a couple of days?

No you are NOT awful for not letting him visit or stay with you.    It is critically important that those with serious health conditions follow protocols even more stringently than the rest.  That said, I am guessing after having a 9-bypass surgery, he is probably about fed up with staying home to rest.  He has probably had all of the "resting" his mind and body can handle.   Just when he feels well enough to go out and feel "normal" again, the entire world shuts down and he just wants to interact with humanity. 

I have been mostly isolated since the beginning of the year because of breast cancer testing and surgeries.  I had been counting down the days until I could start getting back to "normal" and interacting with the world. Just as my countdown ended, I was once again forced into quarantine conditions due to COVID-19 concerns. I don't have it, but I am concerned about the possibility of complications if I were to get it.   Perhaps some ZOOM, Skype, Facetime would be good.  

You are still doing the right thing though.  Not sure the pizza is a great choice for someone with that many bypasses. That said, in the times we are facing right now- have a little pizza. Live a little.  No-one is going to live forever, so eat the pizza and be happy. LOL  

These times try the emotional and mental health of people who live alone and have little interaction.   The isolation is so hard. 
I would definitely encourage some distance interaction.  Let your BIL know he is NOT alone- except for physically. 

Edited by legaljen1969
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

+1 - only 1 person per cart at golf courses.

WOW

Damn

And they only have the Canfield fair grounds open for walkers.

Almost all school tracks and parks now closed.....people were not social distancing.

• Like 1