Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm hoping we get to see something like this, but I doubt it.

A10 firepower demo

20210412_094841.thumb.jpg.99c682f3abef45c2ab50e6dfb40684d2.jpg

When I was in army some 50 years ago at Ft Sill they had a air demonstration which included them dropping napalm , that looked scary.

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

The Blue Angels will sometimes practice in our area.  They are amazing and so much fun to watch.

Totally agree.  We stay in the land yacht in the Panhandle along the beaches there for several months each year.  Very fascinating to watch them fly in and out and along the beach.  Especially when we stayed near the base in Pensacola.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

The Sun n Fun air show is in Lakeland this weekend. Our business is across the street from the airport where they all take of and land so we have a great viewing area. We cater food and bring in bounce houses and other fun things for the kids. They spend at least a week practicing so we get a great preview along with a lot of noise and the walls shaking. 

My sister loves that show!  She and my bro in law fly her little Cessna there each year.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We sailed from Fort Lauderdale on the first day of the air show there a few years ago.  We boarded the ship as soon as we could and went right to the pool deck to get good spots at the back of the ship.  We watched the air show for hours with a bunch of people from the roll call.  Was really neat to see.  We had booked a hotel directly on the beach for the night before and were lucky enough to see the Thunderbirds practicing right after we checked in.

We got on the Adventure of the Seas in May, 2019, in Fort Lauderdale, remember being buzzed about 3:00 PM by the local air show.  Glad I was up on deck,  didn't pull out until after dark, was blamed on another ship (Allure?) Taking so long to finally pull out. 

• Like 2

Had a great weekend. DD visited and finalized a lot of wedding planning.  Went to one of our home town Italian restaurants, in Warren Ohio. Enzos. Great dinner. I had the chicken Marsala with Alfredo pasta. And the DH had prime rib. 
Then we became the designated driver as the DD and maid of honor went out to finalize bachelorette party. (🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷). 

8D8A9962-4539-4730-B84E-88894C27822F.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, mugtech said:

We got on the Adventure of the Seas in May, 2019, in Fort Lauderdale, remember being buzzed about 3:00 PM by the local air show.  Glad I was up on deck,  didn't pull out until after dark, was blamed on another ship (Allure?) Taking so long to finally pull out. 

When we were on Grand Princess sailing back to San Francisco from Hawaii in December 2019 sailing along the US west coast to Ensenada we had a couple of war planes whizzing past our ship for about 30 minutes and they were within about 40 yards of the ship as they flew past us several times.

Graham.

• Like 2

My day started out with some lawn repair (topsoil, seed and mulch), but got rained out early. 

So I moved on to my next project, and now I have a dilemma.  I have this box of old 8mm videos that were taken by my parents in the late 1950’s to early 1960’s.  I have an old 8mm projector that I did a cheap lighting conversion on, and it shows them. 

Now my dilemma.  All of them are labeled with what is on them, except one.  Do I chance watching it?   It could be anything from finding out who really shot JFK, to a video of mom and dad doing some things I really wouldn’t want to see. 😱 😬 

What would you do???

5041B89F-A26E-437C-A2EA-2646D9EEE856.thumb.jpeg.c1d4b03759f00ceaa0bb966b9742bea1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My day started out with some lawn repair (topsoil, seed and mulch), but got rained out early. 

So I moved on to my next project, and now I have a dilemma.  I have this box of old 8mm videos that were taken by my parents in the late 1950’s to early 1960’s.  I have an old 8mm projector that I did a cheap lighting conversion on, and it shows them. 

Now my dilemma.  All of them are labeled with what is on them, except one.  Do I chance watching it?   It could be anything from finding out who really shot JFK, to a video of mom and dad doing some things I really wouldn’t want to see. 😱 😬 

What would you do???

If you hold part of it up to a light, can you see a little of what’s on it?  Kind of like we used to be able to do with photo negatives? (Really dating myself with that comment LOL)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

What would you do???

5041B89F-A26E-437C-A2EA-2646D9EEE856.thumb.jpeg.c1d4b03759f00ceaa0bb966b9742bea1.jpeg

Watch it immediately.I want to know who really killed JFK and if you have the evidence you would share it with us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

What would you do???

You have to watch it!

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

What would you do???

First, to answer your question I would certainly watch it.

My dad was big on taking movies back in the day. Those films can become very brittle and fragile. Rather than risking running them thought a projector my brother and I had them all transferred to DVDs and USB thumb drives. It is fun to watch them now and then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

First, to answer your question I would certainly watch it.

My dad was big on taking movies back in the day. Those films can become very brittle and fragile. Rather than risking running them thought a projector my brother and I had them all transferred to DVDs and USB thumb drives. It is fun to watch them now and then.

They are in surprisingly good condition.  They were stored in dark, cool conditions for all those years.  I ran one reel (a labeled one😁), and it was amusing to watch.  I will probably convert some    to another format. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

They are in surprisingly good condition.  They were stored in dark, cool conditions for all those years.  I ran one reel (a labeled one😁), and it was amusing to watch.  I will probably convert some    to another format. 

I think I have a movie of Laura's parents wedding. 1948

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have an 8mm of my wedding which we transferred to VHS.Luckily we kept 2 VCR’s and the video is in excellent condition .I watch it frequently.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

What would you do???

Watch it, of course.  Of course, I am very comfortable about what I am, and I realize we all animals.  If the other films don’t have bits that make you uncomfortable, I am guessing the unlabeled ones are just things that really were random bits of life, not momentous moments.  I am guessing if they made sex tapes they were hidden where you only found them by accident.  But hey... gotta find out. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One very happy teenager here today.  Picked up his first car. 

For an 11 years old car, it looks pristine.

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks great!  I'm sure he is very happy.  Now comes the nights of mom and dad worrying while he's out driving with friends.

In our case, dad was hanging out in the balcony, spying on them to return, then rushing inside so as not to divulge that he was worried and didn't sleep until they showed up....

I was the fatalistic one...

I knew that after the "new" driving, their combat army service will come around... no end to worries.

• Like 1

Love all the great pictures.

From cars, to scenery to the air show..................thank you for sharing.

A few years back we were in FLL for Fleet week and the air show was in town.

What a great display of flying in the sky.

In regards to our children getting their first car and worrying about them.

I am a worrier, and my daughter always told me I  had to take chill pills..................... and when our daughter  drove in the evening I set an alarm clock in the upstairs foyer for curfew time whether it be 10pm. on a school night or 1 am. on a weekend.

I told her if that alarm clock rang and woke me up, she would lose her car privileges for one week and have to ride the bus to school.

Well, I never slept, prayed a lot till she got home.  She thought I slept.

Many a night I heard the mad dash up the stairs to turn the alarm clock off.  It never went off.

Then I could sleep knowing she was home.

Miss those days of the mad dash.

Stay healthy

• Like 4