Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

He actually felt really weird in Seward Alaska at the shop we went to.  First time ever purchased legally.  And it was very good...according to him anyway.  I don't partake.  Asthma kept under control...as long as I avoid triggers.  Luckily the wine makes up for that.  😉 🍷

Speaking of wine...our upcoming trip to northern CA the end of this month is going to be very...very different.  No more just showing up at the wineries during open hours for tastings.  It's all by appointment only...and those tastings are small and quite involved.  Most are 25 bucks a person...one I booked is 50 per, but includes local artisanal cheese plates with their select high ends wines on their patio.  Supposed to be a 1.5 hour event with only 4-6 people at a time. Ouch...but it's one way for them to make some extra bucks and will actually be kind of cool since there will be no more "belly up to the bar" crowds to compete with.  😄 

That would be very weird. I'll have a bag of chips, a beer and a joint. 🤣 I no longer smoke but see nothing wrong with it. 

Even with the current protocols your wine country trip sounds great. Enjoy. 🍷

• Like 3

Just now, davekathy said:

That would be very weird. I'll have a bag of chips, a beer and a joint. 🤣 I no longer smoke but see nothing wrong with it. 

Even with the current protocols your wine country trip sounds great. Enjoy. 🍷

Hmmm...those shops maybe should sell Twinkies on the side.  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

My wife just got her second Pfizer shot so we are ready for our July cruise 😁😁.

Congratulations!    did anything magical happen when she walked out the front door.    After I got my 2nd shot I felt like I was waiting for something magical to happen, still waiting - LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Our home is all electric.  I'm interested in a tankless water heater but my research seems to indicate the electric tankless water heaters leave a lot to be desired when compared to a gas model.  Would love to hear what others here think about an electric tankless water heater.

I'm also facing a full electric service panel.  Last month I had to install two "tandem" breakers to make room for a new circuit to charge our new electric car.  We have a 200 amp panel, maybe I could install more tandem breakers for a tankless water heater?  I don't know.

I think you should stick to a tank.

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

You beat me to it.  😉  Yes, indeed CC members have that on/off option.  I leave mine on, simply due to the website change CC made years ago.  Definitely now limits the signatures and long lines of repeat pictures.  Speeds up scrolling.  🙂 

Did you mean off? Mine in the off position is when the selector is grayed out. I agree. Off dose speed things up and easier to read posts.  

23 minutes ago, singinalot said:

believe me it's not all it's cracked up to be...there are a lot of downsides and not really an income producer "for the state"..... 😞

I won't go further since I want to keep the thread friendly 🙂 The "grass" is always greener on the other side.

😉  Sad though...I had thought the state was making money on the taxes generated.  😞 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Did you mean off? Mine in the off position is when the selector is grayed out. I agree. Off dose speed things up and easier to read posts.  

I am not sure now.  As far as I know being able to read the signatures is showing up...though to read the whole thing on a longer signature (like long list wordy me)...I have to "expand" the signature.  

Yup, I just checked.  Mine is set to "on".   Still don't see the longer signatures unless I click the expand feature.  The old website had some really...really long and detailed signatures with lots of "countdown" showing.  

Edited by island lady

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I am not sure now.  As far as I know being able to read the signatures is showing up...though to read the whole thing on a longer signature (like long list wordy me)...I have to "expand" the signature.  

I misunderstood. You do have the view signature switch on if your seeing others signatures when they post. 

• Like 1

we replaced our tank earlier this year. WE asked about a tankless, and they said the wiring for that circuit would not provide the amperage required. A whole lot of rewiring required.  If you try to turm up the temperature, it could exceed the circuit capacity, hopefully  popping the breaker.

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I misunderstood. You do have the view signature switch on if your seeing others signatures when they post. 

Yeah, I just edited my post.  Indeed it is on.  But definitely speeds things up from the old format CC used to have.  😮 

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Big things are happening here today. Coping is installed along with base for the pavers.  Most importantly, I had my nails done for the first time in over a year 🙂

9706C556-3D82-4C82-A369-E4980AD114E4.jpeg

Nice pool!  Just in time for pool season.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

😉  Sad though...I had thought the state was making money on the taxes generated.  😞 

I agree. When I started smoking marijuana in the mid 60's until I was forced to quit in the early 80's I always heard, if marijuana was made legal and taxed like alcohol the states would benefit from the dollars generated instead of the dealers/growers profiting. Or maybe I was just high. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

So far today I have picked up my mom and took her to a doctor consultation for her cataracts.she is going the private route was as a consultant visit through would have been January of next year. She booked this one privately in 4 working days and it is the same surgeon that would have done it through the government “free” system. 

That is crazy.

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I just edited my post.  Indeed it is on.  But definitely speeds things up from the old format CC used to have.  😮 

But I did like the old format that we could have cruise count down calendars as part of our signatures. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Arrgggghhhhh folks are all talking about trips.   Not cruises but you are still going on vacations.  I am still going nowhere.  

On Monday we drove 20 minutes into Spain to go to a shopping mall.  That is the sum total of my travel since August.  😪

We have no cases of COVID, nearly everyone is fully vaccinated and we are still stuck because Spain currently has their 4th wave and not doing well at all.  

So I have to share my dream..  I had arrived at port on embarkation day for a cruise.  I could not pay for it, I kept trying different SIM cards in my bank card nothing would work.  I was about an hour away from sail away and I guess they told me to give up.  

That is how my life is at the moment.  

Granted we can go to restaurants, the curfew has lifted, shops open.  But we still cannot go on vacations.  

This should make you feel better. It’s our backyard, today. Ignore the horrible fence and gate; we’re having it replaced when the ground thaws, if it ever does!

B65C2505-A540-4126-AA52-CE9B86449137.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Big things are happening here today. Coping is installed along with base for the pavers.  Most importantly, I had my nails done for the first time in over a year 🙂

9706C556-3D82-4C82-A369-E4980AD114E4.jpeg

Ahh that will look beautiful when all done.   Looks nice now!      Congrats on getting your nails done for the first time since last year.      

Salons in my area have been open since June but business has been real slow for them and they had to let go of 2 employees.   They told me about 2 weeks ago when I went for mani-pedi that business is slowly picking up again.   I know the salon I get my hair cut at is almost always empty unless I go on a weekend.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Our home is all electric.  I'm interested in a tankless water heater but my research seems to indicate the electric tankless water heaters leave a lot to be desired when compared to a gas model.  Would love to hear what others here think about an electric tankless water heater.

I'm also facing a full electric service panel.  Last month I had to install two "tandem" breakers to make room for a new circuit to charge our new electric car.  We have a 200 amp panel, maybe I could install more tandem breakers for a tankless water heater?  I don't know.

You may want to have an electrician do a load calculation if your panel is full prior to installing more space saving breakers.  This may have been required when the charging unit was installed.  Many jurisdictions require this as part of the permit process

Edited by Ourusualbeach