Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Arrgggghhhhh folks are all talking about trips.   Not cruises but you are still going on vacations.  I am still going nowhere.  

On Monday we drove 20 minutes into Spain to go to a shopping mall.  That is the sum total of my travel since August.  😪

We have no cases of COVID, nearly everyone is fully vaccinated and we are still stuck because Spain currently has their 4th wave and not doing well at all.  

So I have to share my dream..  I had arrived at port on embarkation day for a cruise.  I could not pay for it, I kept trying different SIM cards in my bank card nothing would work.  I was about an hour away from sail away and I guess they told me to give up.  

That is how my life is at the moment.  

Granted we can go to restaurants, the curfew has lifted, shops open.  But we still cannot go on vacations.  

Soon all of this will ease and you will be able to go somewhere 🤩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

The salon my DW goes to here is having  trouble getting their people back, they make more on unemployment. Restaurants report the same problem, unless they get paid under the table. .

Yes, hearing the same in my area.     Restaurants in my area have started to offer a signing fee of a couple hundred $$$ to get new employees since about 25 to 30% of the previous don't want to return.     

Arrgggghhhhh folks are all talking about trips.   Not cruises but you are still going on vacations.  I am still going nowhere.  

On Monday we drove 20 minutes into Spain to go to a shopping mall.  That is the sum total of my travel since August.  😪

We have no cases of COVID, nearly everyone is fully vaccinated and we are still stuck because Spain currently has their 4th wave and not doing well at all.  

So I have to share my dream..  I had arrived at port on embarkation day for a cruise.  I could not pay for it, I kept trying different SIM cards in my bank card nothing would work.  I was about an hour away from sail away and I guess they told me to give up.  

Granted we can go to restaurants, the curfew has lifted, shops open.  But we still cannot go on vacations.  

I read that GIB is now at 100 % vaccinated, congrats 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh that will look beautiful when all done.   Looks nice now!      Congrats on getting your nails done for the first time since last year.      

Salons in my area have been open since June but business has been real slow for them and they had to let go of 2 employees.   They told me about 2 weeks ago when I went for mani-pedi that business is slowly picking up again.   I know the salon I get my hair cut at is almost always empty unless I go on a weekend.     

Eye doctor Saturday morning and haircut next Friday.  Going from this... back to my short pixie.  I let the gray grow out 3 years ago. 

AE01D507-C00A-4B5E-8C11-D69BA73C2737.jpeg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Eye doctor Saturday morning and haircut next Friday.  Going from this... back to my short pixie.  I let the gray grow out 3 years ago. 

AE01D507-C00A-4B5E-8C11-D69BA73C2737.jpeg

I've got my first hair appointment in four months booked next week. Can't wait 

• Like 4

👎

In case you've been absent lately from this thread -- it was decided that since "like" doesn't always "qualify", the thumbs down will mean -- "sad", "bummer".... in short -- the opposite of "like"....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is crazy.

Mom booked her surgery today for April 30th, like 2 weeks from now. As it stands all elective surgeries in hospitals are cancelled in Ontario as of this Monday past.  This procedure will be done in the Dr’s clinic, unless provincial regulations change due to the pandemic. 

• Like 2

Wishing Dani a wonderful Yom Atzmaut (Independence Day) With the time difference, I'm a day late. I hope your grill dinner with 2.5 couples went well. Time either stands still for me now or it gets away from me. No in between. At least I can blame the pandemic 🙄

• Like 3