Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I've just checked the dates of the  High Holidays for 2022 -- you're in luck -- they run from Sept. 25th to October 18th !

So, while I have some Jewish friends, I don’t have any Israeli friends.  Does that mean when I arrive on the Odyssey that I can go shopping, have a glass of wine, a nice meal, visit fascinating places, and enjoy a country that I have admired my entire lifetime?  Or are you saying if we arrived earlier everything would be shut down?  

JC

• Thanks 1

30°F frost on the ground but sunny.

Buckingham palace have announced that none of the Royal family will wear their military uniforms for Prince Philips funeral on Saturday which goes against tradition.

This is to take the focus away from Prince Harry and Prince Andrew and to focus only on Prince Philips funeral.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Big things are happening here today. Coping is installed along with base for the pavers.  Most importantly, I had my nails done for the first time in over a year 🙂

OK so I moan about not going anywhere - but nails and hairdressers were not closed for long.  So I have been sitting at home with little else to do than look at my 10 pretty nails (oh and a thesis to write).  At the moment they are shade of lilac for the spring.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

This should make you feel better. It’s our backyard, today. Ignore the horrible fence and gate; we’re having it replaced when the ground thaws, if it ever does!

B65C2505-A540-4126-AA52-CE9B86449137.jpeg

But I would not mind cold weather - just a trip somewhere.  Gibraltar is veryyyy small.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

I read that GIB is now at 100 % vaccinated, congrats 😁

Yes so life feels quite ‘normal’ - except that we are not going anywhere apart from round in circles.  

It does seem to indicate the huge impact that vaccination has.  We had a huge surge in deaths when CoVID got into our care homes over Christmas and had over 90 deaths which put us into the highest per capita rate in the world.  We now have an empty hospital and I cannot recall the last COVID death.    There are zero COVID positives in the local populations.  

There are still arguments about a few anti vaxxers  wanting to go and visit relatives in residential settings, but generally things seem to be going well.   Not a lot has been made of the fact that over Easter people did manage to get into Spain, to the neighbouring municipality and go to Jerez and the Cadiz coast.  Lockdown means you cannot drive further up towards Malaga.    There are high COVID rates there, but we did not see a spike in our figures.  Any recent positives have been from merchant ships - and they stay on the ships.    

I suppose we just have to keep hoping that there are no new variants which slip though the vaccines.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Buckingham palace have announced that none of the Royal family will wear their military uniforms for Prince Philips funeral on Saturday which goes against tradition.

This is to take the focus away from Prince Harry and Prince Andrew and to focus only on Prince Philips funeral.

Wise move, even though I don't think Prince H and Prince A are in the same "category"...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wishing Dani a wonderful Yom Atzmaut (Independence Day) With the time difference, I'm a day late. I hope your grill dinner with 2.5 couples went well. Time either stands still for me now or it gets away from me. No in between. At least I can blame the pandemic 🙄

+1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Happy, Happy, finished my cancer treatments today, I'm good to go for the next 5 to 10 years. 

Congratulations.

Enjoy the next stage of your life.

When one door closes, another door opens.   Heres to the best years of your life.

Stay healthy

• Like 3