Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

JamesEM - Congrats on finishing your treatment.  It must be such a relief to have finished the difficult journey.

Graham, your lunch looks delicious.  I just love fish and chips (and vinegar, vinegar, vinegar). One of my favorite songs as a kid.  Pauline looks wonderful as usual as do you.

Dani, thanks for the holiday primer.  That is a valuable piece of information and probably something I would have realized after booking a trip. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just realized that what I thought was guacamole in Graham’s picture of the fish and chips may have been mushy peas- I had never seen them before!

h2oskibum, your pictures are great! I just read a Jacqueline Winspear novel that takes place in Gibraltar, just before WW2.  Your photos make me think that more leg work is needed before a trip there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Bonnie, it went very well. I was a bit worried, since more than an year we didn't host anyone to a sit down dinner INSIDE the house, except the kids and grandkids. I feared I've lost "my touch"....

Surprisingly, they arrived on time (that is to say: "only" 15-20 mins late...).

They claimed that the parking was non existent, and that was true -- many parties going in the neighborhood. Luckily, we got 2 parking places with the apart., and when the builder got stuck with a less than standard size parking, he offered to sell it to us for a mere 250$...

So, 2 of the couples found "refuge" in our parking lot, and the 0.5 "couple", who was a past neighbor of us, knew the "hidden" places to park.

DH was grilling outside, and beside, he prepared tahini, hummus, cauliflower with tahini, egg plant salads in different "shapes", and one couple brought a tasty carrot salad, and the 0.5 an "Arabic" salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, cut very thin, with olive oil). Pita bread and road kill potatoes. The other couple brought a very good wine from the Latrun (trappists) monastery.

My share was my [by now] famous chocolate cake, with everybody asking for second (and even third) servings.

A small step towards return to normalcy, and as Jim/Trainman2 used to say: "a good time was had by all" 😁

Sounds like a wonderful evening. I have never had dinner in an Israeli home where the table wasn't full of a wonderful, bountiful array of tasty salads and homemade pastries. Puts me to shame.

Awww I do remember Jim/Trainman saying that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I just realized that what I thought was guacamole in Graham’s picture of the fish and chips may have been mushy peas- I had never seen them before!

I immediately thought that or tarter sauce  

9 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

h2oskibum, your pictures are great! I just read a Jacqueline Winspear novel that takes place in Gibraltar, just before WW2.  Your photos make me think that more leg work is needed before a trip there.

Definitely mushy peas, and I definitely am glad he is eating them and not me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Catching up with some pictures from yesterday.  We did our morning beach walk before people starting showing up.  Mostly empty beach.

walk1.thumb.jpg.badc87e3082b5dd8f23edebc80ee8829.jpg

walk2.thumb.jpg.e6063536ad51f5852e20906c707322f5.jpg

This walking route goes by our neighborhood pool.  We finally stopped in to check it out.  It's shared by 2 related neighborhoods and is centrally located between them, so it's about a 20+ minute walk from our house.  We wouldn't walk that far carrying pool stuff and if we are going to drive, we'll drive to our beach club instead...just a couple minutes further away.  Might be a good option though if we ever start swimming laps for exercise.

pool1.thumb.jpg.e8a3aefa46e777de6807f97916b29dfc.jpg

pool2.thumb.jpg.f56a0edfac679d59e480d13cd992d4dc.jpg

Golf Cart 😉

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

A few of my favorite pictures from our stop a Gibraltar. 

Somebody may need to move the ship.

2C12DDAE-E792-4EFF-949C-722BFA0691E1.thumb.jpeg.02a44ec1c41c6a6ed94fe91b9e1f77f0.jpeg

The roadway crosses the airport runway. 

F309D34D-C57E-4791-B903-5EC69B4D9582.thumb.jpeg.fbc1ef8262ee0174e83f58673eb4c8e4.jpeg

The apes are everywhere on the rock. 

550D6397-C899-498B-85CB-A6459FC3C4DB.thumb.jpeg.3ac77ca01e0279fbcbe45dfd14973ed6.jpeg

Hide that baby. 

AFB0C824-13DD-473A-A6E4-57A3281D338A.thumb.jpeg.1659c3eb8ec251b931074fb0140d8fb4.jpeg

Pose for me. 

00C77031-105A-4BFE-9247-B957254C6040.thumb.jpeg.3daa574b65c818b77be0d8a670a2d24e.jpeg

We refer to them as Nasty Fornicating Monkeys 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I just read a Jacqueline Winspear novel that takes place in Gibraltar, just before WW2.

You're waaayy behind me... only no. 11 in Maisie's series. I'm just planning to kindle my way with the newest -- no. 16.

I'm "delaying my gratification", as I enjoy this series very much 😁

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t see the FlowRider?

The wave appears once you have about 30 seniors walking in a circle. Kind of a whirlpool effect.

Didn't have enough walkers today

BTW, there is a practically empty FlowRider in Orlando

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

So, I will be wearing my super thick glasses until then. 

One of my best friends had very very thick glasses. Besides, he doesn't see well at night - the reason he was exempted from army service, an exemption which doesn't come easily at all.

He doesn't drive either.

So he took the plunge and had cataract operation on both eyes (2 months apart), with a specialized ophthalmologist.

You wouldn't believe the improvement, really. After knowing him for 50 years with very thick lenses and even then, trying to see his way, he's glass-less, and he was told he can even drive, should he decide to take lessons.

Also, my DH had difficulties adapting to multi-focal glasses. He was wearing on chains 2 pairs of glasses, for near and for far. Always mixing them around....😉

After one cataract operation (lens for near), and then another for far, he is glass-less too.

We paid the difference in price for a better lens than the one our state insurance provides, and it was worth every penny.

• Like 3

Just now, davekathy said:

Baby food. 🤢

LOL...that's true.  But I do enjoy trying different things.  Some new things are first and last. 😮😉 

However, if it has peppers in it, or smells bad.  Oh noo...not going there.  😜

Baby food....old person food.  Funny what starts out, ends out.  Pureed food and diapers...then...much later.  Back at it again.  🤭

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I love mushy peas

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me too.  Love "British night" at the Food Slammer as well.  😉 

Unfortunately only “fake” mushy peas.

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Baby food. 🤢

Sadly, yes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...that's true.  But I do enjoy trying different things.  Some new things are first and last. 😮😉 

However, if it has peppers in it, or smells bad.  Oh noo...not going there.  😜

Baby food....old person food.  Funny what starts out, ends out.  Pureed food and diapers...then...much later.  Back at it again.  🤭

My senior year in high school (started the summer before school resumed) I worked part time for Beech Nut in the baby food dept. and then the gum dept. I still like gum but not baby food. 

• Like 2