Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Mmm..yes!  And Jonah crab too!  I make rolls of them also, and will actually prefer them sometimes to the lobster roll.  (Sometimes get Lobstered out 😉 ).   

Will have our fill of fresh steamed Maine Lobster, the rolls, and the crab rolls this summer in Maine.  👍

I am going to ask manager at our favorite upscale restaurant to see if they could add lobster roll to menu , had eggs Benedict with lobster at Easter there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Mmm..yes!  And Jonah crab too!  I make rolls of them also, and will actually prefer them sometimes to the lobster roll.  (Sometimes get Lobstered out 😉 ).   

Will have our fill of fresh steamed Maine Lobster, the rolls, and the crab rolls this summer in Maine.  👍

I went to college in Maine and we were given Maine lobster in the cafeteria. I remember being told that at certain times of the year the shells would be soft and they were cheaper than beef.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks.  Guess I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed!  In a million years it never occurred to me such a project would be done in the peak tourist season.  Nor 24/7 !!  Each time I’m only staying 3-4 nights and chose condos specifically for a beach view.  I’ll hope for the best!  Appreciate your quick response.

I get doing it 24/7 so that they can get it done ASAP and minimize impact. I agree that it doesn’t make sense to do it during the summer. I don’t get that logic. 

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Mayo on Grilled cheese???   😮   

Reminds of being in Maine and listening to the true locals talk about the traditional lobster roll.  They gross out when the tourists put Mayo on them!  Correct original way:

Warm cooked lobster meat chunks dripping in butter, stuffed into traditional NE style "hot dog" roll  (also seared on both side with butter).  Stuff lobster in roll...eat!   That is how I make my homemade Lobster rolls as well.  😋🦞

Your not understanding the role of the Mayo.

It is the spread for the bread prior to frying

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I get doing it 24/7 so that they can get it done ASAP and minimize impact. I agree that it doesn’t make sense to do it during the summer. I don’t get that logic. 

Summertime is supposed to be our low season. Spring and fall are probably the best time to do these things,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Margarine???   Ugh...Julia Child is rolling in her grave when you say that.  😄 

Julia Child famously said “With enough butter, anything is good”. And she lived by her word. Butter was an essential part of practically everything she cooked.Dec 10, 2019

Is that why she is dead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

I thought maybe you started HH first thing this morning. 😉🍷 

Agree, no mayo or grape jelly (and I like grape jelly) on my grilled cheese sandwich. Bacon on the grilled cheese sandwich sounds good, but I'll pass on that also. Sticking with the traditional style I grew up eating which was made with extra sharp cheese, buttered(real butter) and cooked in a cast iron skillet. 

For lunch today I had a grilled Muenster cheese sandwich on a bialy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Today we took a day off the "routine" and spent the day with friends, who booked a room for 2 nights in an artists village.

We agreed to join them in the morning, tour some galleries and museums, and then have lunch at the tourist trap in the village.

Alas, our friends didn't do their home work and many of the galleries and museums were closed, or only opened on week ends.... Covid 😢

The village itself is beautiful, high in the mountains, with an amazing view. Pity that the weather was too hot, and you can't see the sea, only a blurred blue "entity".

_DSC2184.JPG

_DSC2186.JPG

_DSC3749.JPG

_DSC7745.JPG

So beautiful and peaceful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Never heard of grape jelly or Mayo on grilled cheese. Do you put the jelly on top or inside?

A good friend told me about mayo instead of butter on grilled cheese several years ago.  I thought it sounded odd till I tried it.  Now I do that more than butter option.  Try it, you'll like it😁 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

How does a person have 49,000 posts in 17 years ? 
I only have 11,000 in 13 years.

I have a fan club😁

You do know I am the 2nd most respected poster in all of CC world😉😇

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3