Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I taught my two sons to drive using the roads in a nearby cemetery.  They are basically deserted, have lots of turns and it’s hard to speed.  Also, obvious chance to warn they could end up here if they weren’t careful.  At 36 and 33 they have only had one traffic ticket and one accident.  

• Like 1

I’ve pumped my own gas for years...but the first time I went to put some in my Suburban...the pump kept pumping and pumping and pumping...  I thought “There must be a hole in the gas tank!  I must be pouring gas onto the pavement!”  Didn’t realize the Suburban has a tank twice as large as the cars I’d been driving.  And gas prices were higher then than now!!  $$$$

Edited by helen haywood
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

About 2 months ago I asked step daughter if she knew how and she said no. I took her to the gas station and walked her step by step through the process; hopefully sparing her from the same future embarrassment. I told her when in doubt, don't be embarrassed to pull up YouTube on your phone. LOL

I've got peanut butter chip cookies in the oven that I'm planning to surprise hubby with when I go pick him up from the airport tonight.

.....travel vlogs on YouTube.  

Good thought showing her that, we all take it for granted.  Best advice we give young adults today, when in doubt someone has a step by step YouTube video.

I am sure that you will get major appreciation for Peanut Butter Chip cookies.

My 26 year old son finds it humorous that there are 11 YouTube travel channels I subscribe to, and I spend Sunday catching up on all of them.  Only problem is my wife is now seriously thinking we should buy a conversion van and hit the road.  I'm not live in a van person, I just like watching others do it. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Similar situation with my daughter.  She knew how to get gas just fine but the first time she pulled up to a pump where you couldn’t pay by credit card she was lost.  She had absolutely no idea you had to go inside to pay.   

Calling home because the teacup or sailboat light was on are whole different stories. 

The person who came up with the Oil indicator thought they nailed it, but time has proven it is not as obvious as they had intended.  Genie Lamp (my sister) is my favorite. 

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

My father always pumped my gas, and I of course would gratefully pay him.

So even when I moved out to my first apartment when I would come home to mooch homemade food, My dad would ask if I needed gas, and I always timed it right and he would go and get it for me.

Sweet memory.  It reminds me of how my mother did laundry every night when I was growing up.  When I moved out for college, I was shocked to find that I ran out of clean clothes.  It was only then that I realized it could even happen. Twice I went and bought more underwear rather than do laundry. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

The mavic mini does not have tripod mode.  I think because they made this one so affordable and light weight, there are a lot of the features from the better drones that are not included. 😞 For my learning purposes I think it is definitely doing the trick...I *almost* wish maybe I were learning on one of the heavier drones because of the wind, but for the purposes of what I plan to use it for, the mini is perfect. (Sorry, that was a terrible run-on sentence.)

So you feel that you were droning on? 

Sorry, I honestly could not stop from thinking this, and only posting it was going to bring relief.

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

What do I plan to do with my day? Probably re-watch Yellowstone Season 3 episode 10

Acting leaves a little something to be desired but the scenery is spectacular. 

Someone is not gonna make it but it better not be Beth. She has the best lines.

Spent most of the day reading about folks worrying about there crystal blocks the crown and anchor double points promotion downgraded food COVID 19 and a vaccine plus FCC that’s not to mention 2022-23 deployment season plus lift and shift diamonds international and Odyssey sailing from Southampton.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Spent most of the day reading about folks worrying about there crystal blocks the crown and anchor double points promotion downgraded food COVID 19 and a vaccine plus FCC that’s not to mention 2022-23 deployment season plus lift and shift diamonds international and Odyssey sailing from Southampton.

You needed to spend more time on this thread.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, maria1122 said:

Told my TA the other day if they keep canceling cruises (7 so far) I’m going to get a row boat and go on the Hudson River.  I need to sail on water.

I know you are north and across the river, but is the Circle Line running?

Do the Orange County Choppers guys still have their store up your way?

19 hours ago, singinalot said:

Probably re-watch Yellowstone Season 3 episode 10 and more travel vlogs on YouTube.  I think I'm running out of new ones to watch. 😞

Really looking forward to season 4.  Great cliff hanger.

17 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I’ve pumped my own gas for years...but the first time I went to put some in my Suburban...the pump kept pumping and pumping and pumping...  I thought “There must be a hole in the gas tank!  I must be pouring gas onto the pavement!”  Didn’t realize the Suburban has a tank twice as large as the cars I’d been driving.  And gas prices were higher then than now!!  $$$$

Had a similar experience with a Suburban several years ago, although the pump stopped pumping when it hit $50.  Back then, if you were still pumping at $50, you were pouring it onto the ground. I think my Suburban had a 42 gallon tank.

17 hours ago, Domino D said:

So you feel that you were droning on? 

Sorry, I honestly could not stop from thinking this, and only posting it was going to bring relief.

There are several times where I wish that Cruise Critic had a "boo" button.  This is one of them.  😄

• Like 2

19 hours ago, singinalot said:

Probably re-watch Yellowstone Season 3 episode 10 and more travel vlogs on YouTube.  I think I'm running out of new ones to watch. 😞

I've been on a YouTube kick recently watching videos of people traveling across the US on Amtrak.  I'm thinking of maybe spending a couple of days on the California Zephyr from Chicago to San Francisco in a sleeper car.  It would at least be SOME sort of travel.  Other than the spectacular views in the Rockies, it just doesn't look all that appealing.  Anyone else done a cross-country Amtrak trip?

16 hours ago, maria1122 said:

Told my TA the other day if they keep canceling cruises (7 so far) I’m going to get a row boat and go on the Hudson River.  I need to sail on water.

Don't feel alone...I have had 16 cancelled so far!  😮  And quite sure my 8 leg Aussie adventure, which is booked to be starting 2/10/21...is about to get the boot.  😞  

But we DID sail on water a few months ago.  Took the St. John's river car ferry back and forth at Jacksonville Florida!  😄  Was doing a road trip of B&Bs...to take the place of a couple of cruise cancellations.  

Have also booked Condos on the beach on east coast, plus Panhandle of Florida.  Kept my original flight to Alaska, even though B2B Radiance cancelled...booked a beautiful remote cabin for 2 weeks in Homer.  And am currently sitting looking out over the Gulf of Mexico in the "land yacht"...got lucky to snag a site for our motor home at the last minute on Marathon in the Florida Keys.  

Lemons handed to you?  Make lemonade.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Had a similar experience with a Suburban several years ago, although the pump stopped pumping when it hit $50.  Back then, if you were still pumping at $50, you were pouring it onto the ground. I think my Suburban had a 42 gallon tank.

Mine did have a 42 gallon tank.  But no limit at that time.  I think it went up over $90.  To prevent a heart attack I never let the tank get below 3/4 full...

15 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I have a sad sad feeling she will not make it 😞 Rip & John will go NUTS

As will Kayce (assuming he makes it).  Rip will be the sledge hammer...plain brutal force.  Kayce will be the scalpel...precise, military trained precision.  I wouldn't want to be the target of either one.

• Like 1