Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

On 10/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Busting my butt last few days. We signed contract to build a new home and list the one we own now. Lot of work to clear out and haul off the junk we keep. Lol

 

Building a new home so that we have more garage space. 3 car garage not big enough. New plans have 6. We have a Bike addiction. 
 

Our current garage situation. We had two cars and a Jeep. Now down to just the two cars. I think the Boss would like another 4x4. Maybe a G Wagon since they reduced the turning radius. 
 

CDB455B4-FFDD-4D64-A7E5-9B2A6E075297.jpeg

F916DD82-8CC7-4EBC-8387-4366B04E5DC5.jpeg

Great selection of super bikes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I never learned to drink scotch.  I tried many years ago.  Started with scotch and soda, made my way to scotch and water, but never got to scotch on the rocks.  Maybe I didn't try hard enough. 😉

 

I'm the same way with bourbon.  It looks like a lot of fun being a bourbon drinker with so many different options out there.  I've started with manhattans, which I've grown to enjoy.  I want to advance to straight bourbon so that I can truly taste different brands.  I also want to get into the clear ice trend.  Good thing that bourbon and clear ice go well together.

I only like good single malt. I'm very picky though I just pour it over a ton of ice and let the ice melt. Dont add water, so it's a easy drink to drink in a group. No mixer needed. I dont like the really smoky flavors either. Or whiskey. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Don’t get me started.... yuck. I did qualify by saying good spirits 

 

You have made that clear and have never waivered from your opinion. Now, if I were ever to have a mixed drink in the DL made with NA I would be thinking of you (M8). 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 10:49 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

The Realtor said there is a shortage in our area of Estate homes in gated communities, that they typically are off the market in 30 days or less.  We live in Ormond Beach.  We are having a huge influx of people moving here from NY/NJ/CT.  I wonder why (please don’t answer)?

 

One can never have enough garage space. 

 

M8

There is a shortage of car parts. 2021 cars usually come out like in august? My dealership doesnt have 2021 cars. I had to buy a 2020. 

 

I think a lot of things in short supply. I noticed a lot of real estate areas are forecast to be up 7% in the next year. The beach area in texas I have been watching, loveland ohio, where my cousin moved, even here around me. Lumber prices up huge to build, so older homes selling like crazy. 

 

You will see fast I'd bet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Don’t get me started.... yuck. I did qualify by saying good spirits 

 

Sorry, picture quoted in bad taste. 😇

I dont like vodka, you can have mine ....here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was from my last cruise $87. Turns out it's cheaper here in dallas lol. I also have 3 bottles left of reposado tequila don Julio and a local mexican good brand from cozumel I only like aged tequila 100% agave. Picky me. 

 

Last bottle of scotch. Either I need to cruise or take a trip to the liquor store. I think the liquor store will win.

 

Roatan has hand rolled cigars I've gotten last 2 cruises and probably fake Cubans in cozumel.

20201023_152505.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

New Amsterdam 

Oh lol. Well you can see why I was in and out of the dl the only time I went in. Didnt have anything on the board I drink. I'm not  big drinker and too picky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Shirts that say Holy Smokers. No lol. I'd suggest it, but they would laugh. It's a fb group you can suggest it. Hes developed his patio over the last 15 years. Covered, ac and heat, at least 6 fans set to move smoke, music screen tied to his apple phone, loves tech. Most love guns and we all have done show n tell (it is texas). I cant see anyone wanting to match shirts though lmao. 

 

I think I'll skip suggesting matching shirts ... not these men.

I am not a conservative by any stretch, but I live Georgia and have my share of guns.  My favorite is my Henry Octagon Barrel.  Although it was getting expensive to shoot, so I bought a 22 to take to the range.  Only thing I can always shoot straight with. Still think shirts is doable. you just need the right ones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a friend of mine that is into a bourbon called Blantons.  He was showing me his horse collection.  If I recall right, they have a horse on the cork, and on the horses heel is a single letter.  Your suppose to get all the letters to spell Blanton's.  He had like 5 different letters, and then 4 O's.  I remember telling him, if I ran Blanton's there would be no B's ever, and I would watch people just keep buying them.  I also offered to buy him one of the letters he needed on Ebay, but he said that will be cheating and rob him of drinking the bottle.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I got a friend of mine that is into a bourbon called Blantons.  He was showing me his horse collection.  If I recall right, they have a horse on the cork, and on the horses heel is a single letter.  Your suppose to get all the letters to spell Blanton's.  He had like 5 different letters, and then 4 O's.  I remember telling him, if I ran Blanton's there would be no B's ever, and I would watch people just keep buying them.  I also offered to buy him one of the letters he needed on Ebay, but he said that will be cheating and rob him of drinking the bottle.  

I'm a bourbon drinker.  Blantons is very good, but for a straight bourbon, I like Bookers and for Manhattans, I usually use Knob Creek - they have a Smokey Maple Bourbon that I love in the fall and winter.

Edited by mek
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very excited to report that we returned from a vacation at a beach resort and ran into Wildra there! She is as cute in person as she is in her pictures.  Of course I would not have any idea who she was if I wasn't reading her reviews on cruise critic and seeing the pictures she posts.

Edited by Arzeena
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Very excited to report that we returned from a vacation at a beach resort and ran into Wildra there! She is as cute in person as she is in her pictures.  Of course I would not have any idea who she was if I wasn't reading her reviews on cruise critic and seeing the pictures she posts.

 

no way! I was just re- reading one of her reviews the other day. 

hope you had a wonderful time!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Domino D said:

I am not a conservative by any stretch, but I live Georgia and have my share of guns.  My favorite is my Henry Octagon Barrel.  Although it was getting expensive to shoot, so I bought a 22 to take to the range.  Only thing I can always shoot straight with. Still think shirts is doable. you just need the right ones. 

 

I live in NE GA and love to shoot. I went out this Tuesday and put 75 rounds down range (.308 and .223). My wife was coughing a ton, so we went and got a COVID tests...both of us negative. COVID cases in our county are running less than 2% with about 50 deaths....almost all over 60 with other conditions...like me...yikes!

 

There so many help wanted signs in this area that it makes your head spin. The local newspaper said there was a shortage of labor...especially skilled labor in our area. Many jobs just require breathing. Truck traffic on I-85 was intense today.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Oh lol. Well you can see why I was in and out of the dl the only time I went in. Didnt have anything on the board I drink. I'm not  big drinker and too picky.

I don’t think NA was the Diamond Vodka back then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ok. Tonight’s cook. After a day packing up more stuff, I decided to do a cook. It’s nice outside, Temp 78*. 
 

Cooked some Lamb Loins. Added some Apple wood to give it a little zing. 
 

The boss was happy with me. Happy Boss, Happy Life. 😎

 

The egg looks like it's was running hot tonight.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...