Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

He was a rescue dog,had a tough first year but has been with my son’s family for ten years.  My son said this was why he never wanted dogs because they don’t live forever.  I am old now so I can get one that will out last me.  His other two dogs have been so gentle with him, like they know.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Not to put a damper on things, but just found out one of my grand dogs has a tumor on his spine.  Prognosis not good.  He is such a sweet dog51A44FC3-4073-41B4-9CF0-5387E400776D.thumb.jpeg.7fe61b9524a12b49fbbb729790513013.jpeg

Very sorry to read this. Dogs are so awesome.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hold on…

We went to our local fry hut for lunch.  We swapped one of our old picnic tables for some food credit.  We know what lumber is worth.😉😆

They open at noonish and we were waiting. We were second in line. They close at 7, but take the last order at 6 with how busy they are.   They are open Thursday to Sunday, and holiday Mondays. 

E5347DE7-9CE3-4FFD-928F-508CEA286191.thumb.jpeg.2e600ea855202d942dbd14a540dc9952.jpeg

Their fry menu. They also have sausages and hot dogs. 

DDE5C096-B433-4A42-8AED-C30B75A47209.thumb.jpeg.d91652822ea4c5445553c6e59dae6590.jpeg

They had 40 people waiting when they opened their shutters. The line looped but I just snapped a picture. 

46CEBA86-D696-4089-B845-82EDD53AC0A1.thumb.jpeg.5ec56043d27faabaf08f24abc8f28eb9.jpeg

We got 2 “not so small” poutines for Lisa and Owen. I had the “not so small” chilli cheese fries. 

59075B37-0039-4377-8EDF-EAF4E76F86DB.thumb.jpeg.16ab74a096e2b98ece5ec92f0533fbfd.jpeg

Looks glorious!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Not to put a damper on things, but just found out one of my grand dogs has a tumor on his spine.  Prognosis not good.  He is such a sweet dog51A44FC3-4073-41B4-9CF0-5387E400776D.thumb.jpeg.7fe61b9524a12b49fbbb729790513013.jpeg

Very sorry to hear about this cute dog, I didn’t grow up with pets but now our pets are definitely part of the family , we currently have rescue cats that are 14 and luckily very healthy

Edited by George C
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, George C said:

Prognosis not good.  He is such a sweet dog

DD....I'm so sorry to hear this news. It's tough. As was said, they surely become part of the family. The having to say goodbye at some point just, for me, seems to get harder each time. Right now we have one cat around 11 years old and doing well albeit a touch of arthritis I think. Lost our dog a few years ago and so far haven't gotten another. DW wants one so much though. I'm still stuck on the difficult memories of what we went through towards the end. Have to do it soon (getting another dog) or else I'm beginning to think the longer I put it off the harder it'll be to actually do it. Prayers for your granddog that things maybe will go better than expected 🙏The thing is, it's so hard to be objective. Looking back on how long we hung on with our last dog, I know we probably let it go on...too long. Easier to see that looking back on it. But, when you're in the moment, you want to just keep things going, always hoping. I did the same thing with our last cat - subcutaneous fluids at the vet every week (till I learned to do it myself). Oh well....hoping things go as non-painfully as possible for you and the family. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So sorry to hear this Marietta.

He looks really sweet and huggable.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Wait....are we doing road trips again? Last time this happened a thread got closed (thanks to me partially!!) . I love it and am happy to jump in. We just spent about a week in Allegheny National Forest area - near Coudersport. Lovely, quiet area. Stayed in a very nice guesthouse owned by local residents. Anxious to post a few pics (especially of the amazing Kinzua Bridge) but have been hesitant due to the recent thread having been closed down when it delved too deeply, I suppose, into non-cruise travel. At the risk of incurring the same, however, I'll add some pics when I have them ready!  Thanks for posting these....I LOVE it. Looks like my kind of trails 😉

Thanks to @dani negreanu this is a special thread that allows us to chat and gossip 😃

about all sorts of things 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, I did yesterday, even though every motorcycle "revvving" on the street makes me stop for a second to listen if it's not a siren sounding again....😢

I can understand that.  My nephew was working in Manhattan's financial district very close to the twin towers on 9/11.  It took him a long time not to cringe/duck every time he heard a plane.

Hopefully, you can now carry on as you did before the attacks.

Not sure I mentioned your incredible cheesecake.  It looks amazingly delicious.

• Like 2

Wow.  What a crazy couple of days.  We ended up with 54 showings on Friday and Saturday.  We met with our agent at 9:00 last night to review the 12 offers that she had received, but her phone was blowing up with questions, requests for showings today (sorry...54 is enough), and promises of more offers coming.  Some of the already received offers were poorly written and missing important info (that could hurt us later) so our agent also needed to get that fixed.  We're getting back together later this morning to again review offers.  Almost all are above list price.  😁😁  I expect that we'll have a signed contract today.  More later.

We really enjoyed visiting the Air Force Museum yesterday while people trampled through our house.  Micheline loves reading the stories of the people, and I like ready about the technology.  Works well for both of us.  If you are a military or aviation fan, this place is spectacular.  If you or a friend/relative served in the US Air Force, you can almost certainly see the type of plane they worked with (plus a few Canadian planes as well!).  It has grown significantly since I was last there and now covers 4 huge hangars in the middle of the old Wright-Patt AFB runways.  My watch says that I walked 4 miles in the museum. There are almost 300 planes/drones/helicopters/missiles on display, organized by time periods from the early years of aviation (Wright Brothers) thru WW1, WW2, Korea and Southeast Asia wars, the Cold War, the Space Gallery, the Presidential Gallery, and the R&D Gallery.  Just about any plane you can name is there.  I don't know how well this will work, but here is an overview map of the museum with labeled silhouettes of all planes.

IMG_7073.thumb.jpg.894d919456d014c37d35b0b0733eba76.jpg

I won't post any plane pictures because it's too hard to take a picture of a plane from ground level (I tried many times), and it would probably bore many of you.  I will say that my step-father flew B-26 bombers in WW2 and they had a B-26 there.  It was nice to see and read about what it was like flying those planes.

There were only 2 things that I didn't like:

1. You could not walk through the various Air Force One planes since they were tight spaces (Covid concerns).  I really wanted to walk through the highly modified Boeing 707 (VC-137C SAM 26000) that was used as the primary plane from 1962-1972 and then as a backup until 1998.  This is the plane where Lyndon Johnson was sworn in right after John F. Kennedy was shot.

2.  They did not have an F-14 on display.  This is the plane that Maverick flew in Top Gun. 😄

And for those interested, here is the mask status.  This made for a much more comfortable day.  They specifically said that they would not ask for proof of vaccination, so it was an honor system.  I saw several people wearing a mask so at least some were following the rules if they were not vaccinated.  Seemed to work.

IMG_7053.thumb.jpg.8301fa4eb5b09a8edfc9b073e6540c43.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am truly sorry.

It will be hard-------- and wishing you time as  you share more great memories with him.

I never thought the loss of our adopted four legged daughter  would take such a toll on me till we lost her at the young age of 8 years from Leukemia. (Martha, our lemon beagle).

Take care.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow.  What a crazy couple of days.  We ended up with 54 showings on Friday and Saturday.  We met with our agent at 9:00 last night to review the 12 offers that she had received, but her phone was blowing up with questions, requests for showings today (sorry...54 is enough), and promises of more offers coming.  Some of the already received offers were poorly written and missing important info (that could hurt us later) so our agent also needed to get that fixed.  We're getting back together later this morning to again review offers.  Almost all are above list price.  😁😁  I expect that we'll have a signed contract today.  More later.

We really enjoyed visiting the Air Force Museum yesterday while people trampled through our house.  Micheline loves reading the stories of the people, and I like ready about the technology.  Works well for both of us.  If you are a military or aviation fan, this place is spectacular.  If you or a friend/relative served in the US Air Force, you can almost certainly see the type of plane they worked with (plus a few Canadian planes as well!).  It has grown significantly since I was last there and now covers 4 huge hangars in the middle of the old Wright-Patt AFB runways.  My watch says that I walked 4 miles in the museum. There are almost 300 planes/drones/helicopters/missiles on display, organized by time periods from the early years of aviation (Wright Brothers) thru WW1, WW2, Korea and Southeast Asia wars, the Cold War, the Space Gallery, the Presidential Gallery, and the R&D Gallery.  Just about any plane you can name is there.  I don't know how well this will work, but here is an overview map of the museum with labeled silhouettes of all planes.

IMG_7073.thumb.jpg.894d919456d014c37d35b0b0733eba76.jpg

I won't post any plane pictures because it's too hard to take a picture of a plane from ground level (I tried many times), and it would probably bore many of you.  I will say that my step-father flew B-26 bombers in WW2 and they had a B-26 there.  It was nice to see and read about what it was like flying those planes.

There were only 2 things that I didn't like:

1. You could not walk through the various Air Force One planes since they were tight spaces (Covid concerns).  I really wanted to walk through the highly modified Boeing 707 (VC-137C SAM 26000) that was used as the primary plane from 1962-1972 and then as a backup until 1998.  This is the plane where Lyndon Johnson was sworn in right after John F. Kennedy was shot.

2.  They did not have an F-14 on display.  This is the plane that Maverick flew in Top Gun. 😄

And for those interested, here is the mask status.  This made for a much more comfortable day.  They specifically said that they would not ask for proof of vaccination, so it was an honor system.  I saw several people wearing a mask so at least some were following the rules if they were not vaccinated.  Seemed to work.

IMG_7053.thumb.jpg.8301fa4eb5b09a8edfc9b073e6540c43.jpg

Congrats on the offers!  I knew it would go like that!  One hint...take the highest cash offer.  Your home could be tied up for months with the buyers waiting on Mortgage approvals...even some of those for "pre-approved".   Cash buyer will speed up the entire process.   

• Like 5

Last May I adopted two cats from the shelter as I was so lonely thanks to covid.  The black and tan one I named Tenzing.  She absolutely loved Diana, the other cat in the picture.  They were always together.  Then one day in August I found her dead.  No idea of the cause.  Congenital heart failure?  She was a happy healthy young cat.  I was devastated.  I only had her for three months!  I wanted to shower with love and care for years and years...  Even in a short time our four pawed friends can make a heartfelt connection with us.

image.thumb.jpeg.af18e0f99a0ea5b6b63a41027de18427.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Congrats on the offers!  I knew it would go like that!  One hint...take the highest cash offer.  Your home could be tied up for months with the buyers waiting on Mortgage approvals...even some of those for "pre-approved".   Cash buyer will speed up the entire process.   

I work as a mortgage underwriter.  A standard purchase contract closing is 30 days from time of signing to closing.  Some we are able to close sooner if we get the appraisal and title docs back sooner than the 3 weeks most of those companies are taking.

Of course cash offers with no inspection contingencies will go quicker but even they have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for title company to do their job.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Last May I adopted two cats from the shelter as I was so lonely thanks to covid.  The black and tan one I named Tenzing.  She absolutely loved Diana, the other cat in the picture.  They were always together.  Then one day in August I found her dead.  No idea of the cause.  Congenital heart failure?  She was a happy healthy young cat.  I was devastated.  I only had her for three months!  I wanted to shower with love and care for years and years...  Even in a short time our four pawed friends can make a heartfelt connection with us.

image.thumb.jpeg.af18e0f99a0ea5b6b63a41027de18427.jpeg

Awww...so sweet. And so very sad about your loss.  I am still crying at times two years later at the loss of my girls. 

We didn't replace due to wanting to do the longer cruises and travel...but that was just before Covid shut down.  Still waiting to get that "travel bug" out of our system...then later...it will be back to the shelter for another couple of fur babies.  🙂 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I work as a mortgage underwriter.  A standard purchase contract closing is 30 days from time of signing to closing.  Some we are able to close sooner if we get the appraisal and title docs back sooner than the 3 weeks most of those companies are taking.

Of course cash offers with no inspection contingencies will go quicker but even they have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for title company to do their job.

My comment was due to the assumed flood of mortgage requests with this high demand for home buyers.  I am assuming you are very busy right now?  And it is perhaps taking a bit longer to get to them all?  Or maybe not?  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So sorry to hear this.  Praying he beats the odds.

• Like 2