Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

ReneeFLL-

I see that your hubby’s new Tesla has that large computer screen. A friend just got his new BMW SUV and it has a similar screen. Does your hubby find it distracting when he is driving ?

I am wondering if these kinds of screens will be in place in most cars over the next few years. It reminds me of the computers in police cars. Not that I am used to riding in police cars, but a family friend is a police detective for our county. When he was a patrol officer, he brought the car to our children’s school for career day.That is when  I saw how the car was equipped for communications.

Anyway, good luck to your hubby with the new Tesla !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This is the dashboard, just a computer.

20211126_130805.thumb.jpg.464d75fdc73bd5b35189b04f6f2025bd.jpg

I think it looks odd without the typical instrument panel.

20211126_121442.thumb.jpg.e86324d00d2151f8a8dce51c7ad4b008.jpg

My brother has a Tesla. I also think it looks odd without an instument panel. I also think that not having a front grille is weird looking too.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It also doesn't help that my Google Fiber internet is having problems in the area. It's been this way for 3 weeks. They say they are working on the problem but I can't imagine why it is taking this long. Very frustrating also on CC making it difficult to like, quote or even post even though I'm logged in.

Greg, I had been having the problem with CC today also, with regard to multi-quoting, etc.  I finally gave up in frustration and got off off CC a couple of hours ago.  I finished my online shopping for my grandchildren instead, so there's that!  At least my day wasn't wasted.

I'm sorry your Thanksgiving meal was not the best but happy that you were finally off for the first time in 30 years and you were able to spend it with family.

• Like 3

Since I have been having trouble with quoting and multi-quoting on CC today, I'd like to wish a wonderful and memorable cruise to Helen Haywood, George C and Shelagh, and to Pat and Bucky. ENJOY!

Crystal, that dress is beautiful and looks gorgeous on you!

Ozark..John, I'm so sorry that your Thanksgiving was disrupted due to Covid, 

Renee..Congratulations on Mike's new Tesla!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Debbie..Sounds like you've gotten Christmas presents ordered today, as did I!

I was hoping to get our leaves finally cleaned up tomorrow so we could decorate, but I'm                            scheduled for my Shingrix shot and Jim for his Booster early afternoon.  Hopefully we'll

get to it Sunday.

Bonnie...I'm glad to hear that your Thanksgiving Dinner was not a healthy one, but a delicious one

instead!!!!!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What's up with CC? I try to post but it says I need to log in even though I'm logged in. Then if I quote the box shows up I type then below is the rest of the thread. It's really wonky. 

There are so many people I would like to respond to. I will keep on trying but this is frustrating.

@Ozark_Kid Great looking sous vide turkey. Did you season it before hand or any other prep?

I was having a hard time with CC when I was using the phone.  Now that I’m back to the iPad it’s ok.  Now watch, this won’t post.  😂 

When I read how to do sous vide turkey I thought it would be more challenging but we bought a Butterball 3lb boneless breast which already had a string net holding it together.  I applied kosher salt, ground black pepper, a sliced up half stick of butter and lemon juice. Didn’t even have to let it thaw, just sous vide an extra hour. 10 minutes to prep and a few minutes to sear.  I love brined turkey but this is so easy this is now my go to.

• Like 4

So for the day after Thanksgiving, it was time for a brisk walk to burn off some of those calories from yesterday.  Bundled up in five layers with a full face mask, we did a five mile walk at the lake with a temperature like this.  

0EDEFE71-A65D-4912-93B8-1784B3805B81.thumb.jpeg.9cc408d1958dfed68dfcb56f0874ee54.jpeg

It was snowing, and I couldn’t believe there were some die hard fishermen on the lake.   At least we had some trees to break the wind, but it had to be really cold in that boat. 

1040C08D-134F-40E2-A66E-9F4F8B871E69.thumb.jpeg.d7779460b4bb68f4eb3c67b8415d25bb.jpeg

The grandkids and their mom and dad came to help eat some leftovers, and granddaughter started complaining she was cold.  I thought the family room was cold because I was in and out the patio door to add chemicals to the spa. 

I checked the thermostat for that level, and it was reading 65°.  Then I checked the boiler, and there was no heat.  So I call our normal service company, and they can’t get anyone here till Monday.  I finally locate someone in another city to come. 

By the time he gets here, temperatures in the house were down to the upper 50’s.  At least after working on it, we now have heat again. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Our Black Frday shopping was picking up Mike's Tesla. 

We went from 16 to 95mph

20211126_130805.thumb.jpg.464d75fdc73bd5b35189b04f6f2025bd.jpg

This was the showroom. It was so bare and strange looking.

Looks nice.  This is the first time I saw inside one, definitely will be a learning curve but maybe easier since Mike is a pilot.

Please keep us posted.  Enjoy your new toy🤩

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So for the day after Thanksgiving, it was time for a brisk walk to burn off some of those calories from yesterday.  Bundled up in five layers with a full face mask, we did a five mile walk at the lake 

By the time he gets here, temperatures in the house were down to the upper 50’s.  At least after working on it, we now have heat again. 

You and Susan sure are die-hard hikers, going out in the freezing cold.  Brrr!  Glad to hear you have the heat working again, Mark!  It's way too cold to not have it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That was cool watching the video.  I’m sure you will love it. 

He has been eyeing one for a while. I think it was around 2017? he put down a deposit for one before they came out, but didn’t buy it because the range was a lot less and they only had the model 3. He decided to wait for the model Y with a longer range. The car will accelerate faster than what he did. I see no reason for a car to go that fast in that short of time unless someone is on a racetrack. 

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Is the car equipped with "insane" mode and "ludicrous" mode?  Not sure if that's standard on all models. From what I've heard, it makes a car thar can accelerate ridiculously fast and turns them into insane drag racers.  😳 

I thought you were joking so I googled it. He said no that those are on the S or X models. It does have the Mad Max mode. Where does Tesla come up with these names?

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

ReneeFLL-

I see that your hubby’s new Tesla has that large computer screen. A friend just got his new BMW SUV and it has a similar screen. Does your hubby find it distracting when he is driving ?

I am wondering if these kinds of screens will be in place in most cars over the next few years. It reminds me of the computers in police cars. Not that I am used to riding in police cars, but a family friend is a police detective for our county. When he was a patrol officer, he brought the car to our children’s school for career day.That is when  I saw how the car was equipped for communications.

Anyway, good luck to your hubby with the new Tesla !

MJ🙋🏻

He said it doesn’t bother him, but he does miss the HUD in my Denali. For those that don’t know what HUD is (I didn’t either) it’s a heads up display where you see in your windshield what your speed, etc is. My truck didn’t have it nor does his jeep.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

My brother has a Tesla. I also think it looks odd without an instument panel. I also think that not having a front grille is weird looking too.

I didn’t even notice the front grille. I never went with Mike looking at them, because I would have been totally bored to death. Car shopping is definitely not my thing. I hate it. Now that I have looked at it, it does look funny.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

He has been eyeing one for a while. I think it was around 2017? he put down a deposit for one before they came out, but didn’t buy it because the range was a lot less and they only had the model 3. He decided to wait for the model Y with a longer range. The car will accelerate faster than what he did. I see no reason for a car to go that fast in that short of time unless someone is on a racetrack. 

I thought you were joking so I googled it. He said no that those are on the S or X models. It does have the Mad Max mode. Where does Tesla come up with these names?

He said it doesn’t bother him, but he does miss the HUD in my Denali. For those that don’t know what HUD is (I didn’t either) it’s a heads up display where you see in your windshield what your speed, etc is. My truck didn’t have it nor does his jeep.

I didn’t even notice the front grille. I never went with Mike looking at them, because I would have been totally bored to death. Car shopping is definitely not my thing. I hate it. Now that I have looked at it, it does look funny.

I love the process of buying a car. It is such a crazy dance.

I have a HUD in my car. I really like it and miss it when using the second car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just a quick photo and a few more later.

We may have lost in regular season to this team, but we beat them today when it really matters. 13 to 7 was the final. We had snow, ice pellets and rain and more importantly VICTORY!!!  City Champs. 

110076EE-0B81-4C42-987E-278B7D696F19.thumb.jpeg.16ad30696a80afccf41fb8f627fb157c.jpeg

1AFECA88-B059-48FD-B06C-4D1C0BBC1D3A.thumb.jpeg.c86ce4326a09035ac7ba6894ec259e96.jpeg

Our current view less than 2 hours later. Owen’s game starts at 7 with two more, Saturday and Sunday. 

image.thumb.jpg.37e370544c6dc899b8b0432fbff5cc08.jpg

#31 looks mighty good! Congrats.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

I woke up this morning and went shopping for a dress to my sisters wedding. Success! The mall was also empty! Obviously I’ll be more awake than this when I actually wear it!

D8864CA7-7718-48C6-B23B-0FCFE046E1DA.thumb.jpeg.5f067c2ff978dc533a6967a2042035fd.jpeg

It's very pretty! A smile would help. :classic_biggrin: You can dress it up some. Hopefully your sister is not going with silly bridesmaids' dresses. Is the wedding and the reception onboard the riverboat? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Since I have been having trouble with quoting and multi-quoting on CC today, I'd like to wish a wonderful and memorable cruise to Helen Haywood, George C and Shelagh, and to Pat and Bucky. ENJOY!

Crystal, that dress is beautiful and looks gorgeous on you!

Ozark..John, I'm so sorry that your Thanksgiving was disrupted due to Covid, 

Renee..Congratulations on Mike's new Tesla!

Maryann, you did very well in spite of CC quote problems.

Ditto to everything you said!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Our Black Frday shopping was picking up Mike's Tesla. I hate car buying because it always seems to take at least 3+ hours. Today we were in and out in less than 30 minutes. I couldn't believe it. Most everything was done on his phone.

We went from 16 to 95mph in about 10 seconds. We were on the road so we weren't at a complete stop because there were some cars a little ways back. I think I left some of my guts in the back seat. My stomach felt a little nausea afterwards. Sorry for the shaky video. We were out in the boonies so not the smoothest road.

It does look odd Renee. I didn't realize that they have a little tiny steering wheel too. :classic_biggrin: There are tons of them here, since they are made locally.

It's funny, I looked at a bunch of them because the Tesla that are going to Australia all had to be fumigated before they were shipped, but I guess I never paid that much attention to the details on the cars. We were inspecting the fumigator. :classic_biggrin: So thanks for posting the interior photos! They are very quick acceleration. Tesla drivers seem to have fun with that! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

He said it doesn’t bother him, but he does miss the HUD in my Denali. For those that don’t know what HUD is (I didn’t either) it’s a heads up display where you see in your windshield what your speed, etc is.

It’s in our new car but I didn’t know what HUD was either.  Although it wasn’t anything I was looking for in a car, we really enjoy it now.  Also,  I thought the 12" screen was big in our car until I saw the one in yours.

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love the process of buying a car. It is such a crazy dance.

Not much dancing right now.  Probably will stay like this for at least a few months.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love the process of buying a car.

Not me. I'm quickly learning to hate it. After not having bought a car since '95, it has been a heck of a steep learning curve trying to absorb 26 years of technological innovations. Then, having finally started some test driving a few months ago, there are now hardly any cars on the lot with the exact model and trim that I'd consider buying. No way will I buy sight unseen. So, I'm giving up for now. I'm content with my old car, which still works great. I can live without all the bells and whistles. Plus, I don't see any car on the road that I like anywhere near as much - interior and exterior-wise - compared to what I have. Most cars nowadays all look basically the same. The same old 'tear-drop' shape. Then, many cars now have the ugliest front grilles I've ever seen. Sorry for the rant, but I've been considering a new car now for the past 3 years and still aren't any closer to actually buying one. The semiconductor shortage issue really put the kibosh on it. It doesn't help the process go any easier in that DW and I have only bought 4 cars in 40 years of marriage!   

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Car shopping is definitely not my thing. I hate it.

I agree completely. A few hours of looking at them or test driving and I'm completely bored. 

Speaking of Tesla model 3's...check this out...LOL   

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

Earlier I noticed the sunset so I quickly grabbed my phone to catch a pic.  As I went out to the edge of the deck the motion lights were set off and lit up the tree and post.  I am not used to the extended deck and realize I will need to adjust the lights when the deck is finished.

image.thumb.jpeg.e6265aaba45bb15686c5ffa04aeacf1f.jpeg

by the time the lights went out the sunset changed.  We have been considering cutting down the closest tree for a better view.  I believe we will.

image.thumb.jpeg.4c80afc327b2cbe6de8b443c688f1ab5.jpeg

After showing the girls the pics my youngest daughter, who works at the nursing home, said we need to stay off the deck until they get the rails up!

• Like 13