Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

This morning, our daughter and two grandsons came home two days short of their seashore vacation;  Ryan hadn't felt well most of the week, and Jack's ear hurt.  (Jack went to Urgent Care and has an ear infection)   Ryan went to the ER in the hospital and is being transferred to another hospital...we just found out that he has type 1 Diabetes...😢

Maryann, terribly sorry to read about Ryan's new medical issue.  Just know that kids are very resilient.  He'll be fine.  Hope Jack's earache is now under control.  We as parents and grandparents ache for them, don't we?!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Not sure yet what my first cocktail will be, so many choices.   I do love my Mojitos but usually get something else for the first one.

A Pain Killer is not a bad choice for starters.😉🙂

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is official - we will boarding Oasis on Sunday with you and your family -   Yaba daba doo!   Eric finally did his emed test - Negative 😃

YAY Debbie!  I've been waiting to hear about Eric's Negative test!!!  Now you are doing your Happy Dance, for sure!!!!!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@bobmacliberty  Creek Street, Ketchikan.  I tried to load a video of the salmon ladder and jumping fish, but I’m not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to Apple products.  Also, views from the ship from my dining table.

Pat

63ED6984-0359-4AAB-ADC4-E01EBB01F214.jpeg

8F6BD785-4572-4283-A612-5B5878AFEA25.jpeg

2E0F1C2D-1EB3-490C-9AF2-C7A795B9DD26.jpeg

45 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Greetings from Skagway Brewery!

@harryfat1 OMG!  That was at least 600 calories I didn’t need🙀.916666D9-FAB2-4B23-8030-DC9FAF7F28E3.thumb.jpeg.0dd2dc653466f385f53fc03a4c5c05e3.jpegF9E6DC78-1E7D-4ACC-BD35-6E5C5059A13B.thumb.jpeg.a2ee569da32603236b1fa8f805161015.jpeg

Beautiful pictures, Pat!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear that Ryan has Type 1 Diabetes.    How old is he?    I imagine it will take some time for him to learn the do's and don'ts.   Hopefully he will be home from the hospital soon🥰    Sending him and your family positive thoughts and prayers🙏

Now that Eric did his emed test (he wanted to wait until I got home from work to do so he didn't mess it up since it was our last emed kit).     All good to go and we can start packing tonight.    I did have some stuff laid out on the bed in extra room already as I had passed my test last night.

Thank you, Deb.  Ryan turned 13 in May.   I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers for him.

For our last 2 cruises, I didn't completely pack until we had our negative tests.

LOL about Eric not wanting to mess up his emed.  I totally understand!    ( I may have messed up my ArriveCAN app when it came to downloading our vaccination info...I guess I'll find out when the 72 hour completion time comes)

Have a great time with Marietta and Charlie!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

Very nice.  You made it to Skagway. We were diverted to ISP instead.

Enjoy your drink and have a great vacation.

Cheers,

Thanks!  We were originally scheduled for ISP and Dawes Glacier.  They cancelled those and added Ketchikan.  Oh well, definitely beats the view out of my kitchen window! 😹

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How old is Ryan?

I saw in a previous post 13yo. This will be a bit of a learning curve but diabetics these days live very normal lives. With continuous glucose monitoring devices and insulin pumps, etc. We have several diabetics in our middle school and when I am over there it is great to see how they self manage their condition. We also have one on our HS football team. He does everything that everyone else in the team does. After the adjustment and the learning curve your grandson will learn to live with this and he will be just fine.

Yes, Ryan is 13.  Thank you so much for your comforting and reassuring comments.  This has really just come as a shock to us all.  

• Like 2

Debbie, Oasis is my very favorite ship!   There is so much to see and do and eat😁I cannot wait for the family to see this ship.  They have all been on Anthem but there is no comparison, my opinion, others differ.  It will be something to meet in person after over two years of being on this wonderful thread.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you Everyone for the all good wishes for our voyage.       Really excited to meet Marietta and Family and get to explore Oasis😃

Not sure yet what my first cocktail will be, so many choices.   I do love my Mojitos but usually get something else for the first one.

This afternoon I received confirmation from Royal that Eric's scooter  we rented will be in our cabin.    He did 1 day of PT this week and was rather sore afterwards.   They suggested he use the scooter if he knows he will be going somewhere with a lot of walking.   If he is just going on short walks or feels comfortable enough then they recommend he use a cane (just in case).     Best not to strain since he is not fully healed yet.  

Well, I for one, would suggest a Kraken Colada, Debbie!  I can attest to how delicious it is, thanks to Greg's suggestion on my past 2 cruises.  Eric's scooter will surely come in handy what with the size of the Oasis!!  I hope he's sleeping better these days?

I think we're all excited for you and Marietta to finally meet while cruising.  Have a blast!!!!!🥰😘

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good that you are staying on top of things. And a 3-4 Martini lunch sounds perfect.

Cheers!!

What’s interesting is my brother had a brain tumor the size of a orange removed a few years ok , he ignored symptoms, luckily he is doing fine now . I discovered mine by accident after a total body mri , I have zero symptoms. Martinis were excellent, we do this for lunch most Fridays . 

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, terribly sorry to read about Ryan's new medical issue.  Just know that kids are very resilient.  He'll be fine.  Hope Jack's earache is now under control.  We as parents and grandparents ache for them, don't we?!

Thank you, Bonnie.  You are 100% correct.  We surely do ache for our children and grandchildren.  I'm feeling so badly for our daughter to be going through with this with Ryan, also.  We haven't heard anything more since they were being transferred in the ambulance.

How is your visit with your daughter and grandchildren?  Hopefully the rain hasn't prevented you all from doing whatever your plans were?

How is your PT going??  I "graduated" from my PT yesterday, after going 3x a week for the past 2 months.  They've really helped me a lot, and I am grateful for that.  

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, Oasis is my very favorite ship!   There is so much to see and do and eat😁I cannot wait for the family to see this ship.  They have all been on Anthem but there is no comparison, my opinion, others differ.  It will be something to meet in person after over two years of being on this wonderful thread.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You should get a BBC schooner bar made the best we were on deck 6 so it was always a short walk for us.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, George C said:

What’s interesting is my brother had a brain tumor the size of a orange removed a few years ok , he ignored symptoms, luckily he is doing fine now . I discovered mine by accident after a total body mri , I have zero symptoms. Martinis were excellent, we do this for lunch most Fridays . 

Very good about your brother and hopefully you will be fine.

In 2017 my 41 year old nephew died from a brain tumor.

55 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I cannot wait!!  

Doing laundry now.  

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 3:41 PM, dani negreanu said:

An excellent whirlwind vacation … A very good time is had by all.

Entertaining the grandsons in the kiddie pool.

845387B3-5B4E-4D99-9728-550C046C219F.jpeg

A Cypriotic evening with traditional dances. Of course I joined in, and one of the dancers decided to dance with me…

Awesome dancing skills, Dani!💃🏼

Love that radiant smile! 🤩

Looks like you and all of your “boys” are having a memorable vacation.

Family vacations are the BEST! 🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I could never eat before a game.  To keyed up to have food rolling around in my stomach.

Tonight we ate 3 hours before the game. He can eat at anytime and play a great game. Doesn’t hold him back. 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Banana Baileys Coconut.

I have also seen described as Bailey's Banana Colada.  It is a frozen drink and I do not find it as having a coconut taste. Love them. 

Edited by mets07
  • Like 4