Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Good idea!!  

OK all you forced quarantined chefs:

What's for dinner?   🍽️

Tonight, tacos (hard shell corn)with cheese, pico de gallo and avocado along with a couple of beers. 🍻🌮

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Of course. You started this wave. We're just keeping it going. 

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

Good idea!!  

OK all you forced quarantined chefs:

What's for dinner?   🍽️

My DH "version" of paella (noodles instead of rice)

Paella.JPG

• Like 7

I made a modified MDR meal last night...   Salad, Beef Ribs with oven roasted vegetables (Beef ribs instead of short ribs), Banana/Pineapple bread (warm) with vanilla Ice Cream......      fantastic meal.. .tonite is just sausage and pepper leftovers from the other night...

• Like 2

Hmmm can't say I'd call it a routine, I wish I had one! Quarantined myself for two weeks starting on 3/14 to be certain I was ok. That's when my workplace closed and it won't reopen till 5/15 or later. Staying in touch with family since I am single. Did a project at work with just my boss and me. Riding bike, organizing, waxed my car. Oh, I've been doing an exercise since January called Bulgarian Split Squats, just whenever I feel like it throughout the day, for a firmer butt. Best dinner I've made so far, fried cabbage with bacon, onion, and garlic. Only going to supermarket once a week. I never used to drink at home, decided to have cocktails every other day. Sister and I were supposed to cross the Atlantic 4/18, that's been a dream of mine, but we rescheduled for next April. Well, you asked...:classic_dry:

• Like 3

Wow, I wish I had thought of the drinks and all that good looking food.  My day consists of home schooling my granddaughter.  Unlike all the schools across the nation the online kids get to finish the year of school work and actually earn being passed to the next grade.  Then, it is trying to figure out what to make for dinner.  Cooking is not one of my favorite things lately but something I should get used to until this is all over.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Wow, I wish I had thought of the drinks and all that good looking food.  My day consists of home schooling my granddaughter.  Unlike all the schools across the nation the online kids get to finish the year of school work and actually earn being passed to the next grade.  Then, it is trying to figure out what to make for dinner.  Cooking is not one of my favorite things lately but something I should get used to until this is all over.

Someone posted on FB that if your child made you a mixed drink it would count as credits towards Chemistry !!!   🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I’m on unpaid leave right now and just filed for unemployment, DH working from home so he’s no fun during the day. Cooking and baking was fun the first two weeks but not so much anymore. Have watched more Netflix and Amazon Prime shows than I can ever remember, today is the first day in awhile where we have a sunny warm day so long outside walk felt good, been doing YouTube workouts at home. Getting kinda anxious as we are down to 5 Blue Moons, half a bottle of tequila, quarter bottle of bourbon and one bottle of wine. I’m staying home since I have asthma so DH has been doing something he never does...grocery shopping. There’s always surprises when he comes back with groceries like potato chips, and more potato chips so we are well stocked. Comfort good is taking on a whole new meaning and thank goodness for stretch pants and sweats.

Speaking of shows, any recommendations? So far I’ve seen Tiger King, Unorthodox (amazing), Grace and Frankie, Schitt’s Creek, countless movies , The Newsroom (fantastic on Amazon) , Making the Cut.

• Like 3

Someone posted on FB that if your child made you a mixed drink it would count as credits towards Chemistry !!!   🙂

Great idea.  I can give her credit also for pouring our wine because she needs to figure out how much a cup is, of course sometimes she gets carried away and really fills the glasses but that only means we need one glass not two.  I already give her credit when she cooks dinner all by herself.  I will take any more ideas for any class as we need to come up with time spent doing school work.  What takes public schools 8 hrs. of school work takes her only about 2. 

Thanks for any and all ideas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SilkySal said:

My BIL texted me last night, asking if he could visit and stay for a couple of days. He is single, lives alone, and out of work, and says he needs to get out! DH wouldn't respond and said, "well, he texted you, so tell him no." Pissed me off since he is his brother, not mine, and I'd have no problem saying that to my sibling but am not comfortable saying it to his. Anyway, slept on it, and texted BIL this morning, saying that his brother (DH) thinks it's best to continue to follow CDC guidelines through April, and how much I also hated this whole fiasco! After that, I sent another text saying that the outside temps are supposed to be around 65 degrees and sunny Friday and Saturday, and invited him to visit us outside on our open deck while applying social distancing. He has yet to respond to my texts. Probably upset. At least, we are giving him the option to get out of his house for a few hours, get some fresh air, gaze at the lake, and have a social visit with us. Told him we would order pizza for lunch! Last year, he underwent 9-bypass heart surgery and I am more worried about his health vs ours. So am I awful for not allowing him to stay with us for a couple of days?

You are not awful at all. He should have known better than to ask you. Your answer back was very gracious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am not as bored with fixing dinner every night as I used to be.  I don’t really have anything better to do, and eating dinner is one of the most interesting parts of our days right now.

I miss pool aerobics (formerly three times a week) and am really tired of our neighborhood scenery while walking, so I am working out with Leslie Sansone walking videos.  Though after today’s workout, I won’t be selecting any videos with the word “boost” in the title!

🤣🤣We like the One mile happy walk video, boostless!

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

At 8pm tonight there is another clapping outside for the NHS nurses and doctors.

Are you doing the same in Israel?

We already applauded from balconies, porches, etc.  for our Israeli nurses and doctors.

They are our heroes and we do all we can to show our gratitude.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just got done with work.  The commute from the home office to the kitchen was easy.  No traffic and I didn't hit a single traffic light.  DW is making chicken parm tonight and I'm starting with a Moscow Mule in a Joe's Stone Crab cup.  That's the closest that I will get to Miami in a while.

IMG_6045.jpg

• Like 5

Helping the Grand Daughter with Online/Home schooling that started this week. Nothing new, was single father raised 3 kids on my own, Home schooled the oldest. Sat out on balcony, though view isnt same as Cruise was supposed be on. Did actually watch my ship on Port Cam pull out hr ago... Just did my daily check on future bookings, have received  $3000+ in reductions last 4 weeks.  One Cruise has changed my 12-1 liter Evian available to the 12-Dansi 16oz metal bottles. Ounce for Ounce about same, though can get 24 Dansi for $28.99. Even in usual plastic Bottles Dasani has metal taste to me, like each has a nickle in it....

• Like 3

I spent the last 4 hours monitoring the two HAL ships trying to get into port in Ft Lauderdale.

There is a very long thread on the Zaandam and Rotterdam and includes video of the Panama Canal FAST crossing over the weekend.

One of the angles on PTZ showed the ships coming in with Oasis of the Seas lurking in the background Bow facing to shore line.

And the Miami PTZ shows about 5 ships lurking along the shore as well as 6 in port.  If you like seeing ships, right now on PTZ you can see a lot in various ports.  Kinda sad to see so many floating around watching each other.   GOSH!

The two ships have docked and local channel 7 covering.  Should be in National news tonight.

Otherwise just reading CC and went to get gas for my lawn mower.  

Still sad my two 2020 RCI cruises gone.  I suppose I will have to look at you tube of Cinque Terre since I won't be visiting next month.

And I was looking forward to my 3rd Oasis class cruise on Symphony.

But I also try to remember that  folks losing their lives and jobs as well as patience. 

Oh and I watch CNBC stocks go up and down and up and down ….sort of like being a ship in the water.

toodles all

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Big_G said:

No. I'm still going to work every day so I am avoiding seeing my 86 year-old immune compromised Dad. I haven't seen two of my grand kids in weeks. My DIL is setting up an on-line happy hour using Zoom. That's life as we know it right now.

That's the tough one, got back to Arizona 4weeks ago. Was supposed see my other 3 Grand Daughters but one was sick first week, lock down started the next week. Havent seen them since 1st of Oct... 

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am not as bored with fixing dinner every night as I used to be.  I don’t really have anything better to do, and eating dinner is one of the most interesting parts of our days right now.

My God, I have become fixated on cooking lately too.  I am scrolling through recipes looking for yummy food.  I think food is my new comfort, HELP.

I just made four pounds of meatballs, unbelievable.

I watched Forrest Gump cried like crazy and was rolling meatballs, how bad is that!🤪🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My DH works from home anyway, except when he needs to travel to a job site. Since I retired I help him with his work.  No more travel, but he still is pretty busy. I used to pick my DGD up after school sometimes, attend a women’s Bible study every Tuesday, and my best friend and I took turns visiting each other’s home to work on crafts. Lately, I just clean the house, help John, read and play games on my iPad. 

we live in a pretty area so I take walks when the weather cooperates. I was taking the dog with me but she decided she didn’t like walking! 

I’m happy we have sites like CC. I really miss being out with people, so it’s nice to be able to chat with you all. 
Sadly, my cousin died earlier this week, not from the virus. My family usually turns out big time for weddings & funerals. Not this time, only immediate family allowed.

• Like 2