Norton Popup

I am getting a full screen Norton popup that will not clear.  I have to shut down my browser to clear it.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?  I have cleared browser cache more than once and still get this.

I had instances yesterday where SCAM popup said Norton or McAfee antivirus had expired. It only happened on Cruise Critic and possibly one Conversation, 'onboard Crown '  I am using iPad today have not visited CC on WINDOWS PC. 

6 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I've been getting this popup for months.  I immediately close it.  But it only appears while I am on CruiseCritic.

It would seem CC is infected. Only started a few days ago for me. Surprised we have not seen other posts about this. Anyway to contact CC to report this ?

10 minutes ago, broberts said:

Possibly an issue with ads. You might try emailing a screen capture to help@cruisecritic.com.

Good idea. I have cleared Cookies, Cache, Browsing History. Restarting and will try again. Will also try other boards on CC. I usually just go to Princess 

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Unfortunately, this is not a Cruise Critic issue. Its a bad ad from the ad network.

But it only happens on Cruise Critic site.

I cleared Cache, Browsing History etc. Restarted PC and so far so good. As I said earlier I wondered if the problem might be in a particular link. I have not been back to the thread about being on board Crown yet.

22 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

People hack ads all the time. Or publish apps with hidden code that does this.

Because of this, I use an ad blocker. 

Perhaps I clicked on an Ad by mistake. Do you mean ads down right side of page ? Which ad blocker do you use ?

Edit: I am using the new Edge and saw an ad blocker in Microsoft store, giving it a try, thanks

Edited by Tedferg

42 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Perhaps I clicked on an Ad by mistake. Do you mean ads down right side of page ? Which ad blocker do you use ?

Edit: I am using the new Edge and saw an ad blocker in Microsoft store, giving it a try, thanks

Tedferg I did the exact same thing (including adding an ad blocker extension).  Just test running it now.  I hope this clears up the problems I have been experiencing.  I hated to shut down the browser just to get rid of "your Norton subscription expired, click here now".  I do not now, nor ever have I, subscribed to Norton products.

Mine just a few minutes ago said that my Norton anti-virus program expired today, "click here to renew now".   Since I don't have Norton, I immediately shut down my system and it was gone when I restarted.   I had simply clicked on the next page tab at the bottom of the page on a Celebrity thread.    My DH had a similar occurrence earlier today.    Definitely only happening on Cruise Critic.   

1 hour ago, Socalev said:

pkinsweb….

A  name like that appeared on my screen. Did not know what it was. After clearing Cache, Cookies, Browsing history I have not seen a pop up so far today. I also added an ad blocker to Edge. 

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

A follow up on my post starting this thread.  I have installed the "new" Microsoft Edge and added an ad blocker extension.  Have logged onto CC several times and have had ZERO pop up ads and have not seen the "your virus subscription has expired" screen.  I so want to claim total success but, being a pessimist, I need to see this same "none event" for a bit longer before breaking out in my "happy dance".

Every time I have 'clicked' on the Boards portion of the CC web site a pop up takes over the page and tells me my Windows 10 firewall has been breached and I must download their program. This is the only site I have had this happen; so, members beware.