Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
dog

What does this mean? FCC confusion

Recommended Posts

 

I will give my example: My TA cancelled March 6/20 for my March 7/20 cruise. I was to receive 100% FCC. (I am grateful for that)

On March 12/20 My TA called Princess and confirmed, as per this posting on their website March 12/20 that

I now qualified for Option 1. See the print in red.

March 16/20 TA called Princess and they now insist that I do not qualify for Option 1.

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

What does the following mean to you?

____________________________________________________________________________

 

This is on the Princess website, posted on March 12/20.

 

For those who are impacted by this business decision, Princess is offering guests the opportunity to transfer 100% of the money paid for their cancelled cruise to a future cruise of their choice. To add a bonus incentive for guests to accept this offer, the company will add an additional generous future cruise credit benefit which can be applied to the cruise fare. 

 

In addition, Princess will honor this offer for those guests who had made final payment and cancelled their booking on or after February 4, 2020. The future cruise credit can be used on any voyage departing through May 1, 2022.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are reading the same March 12/20 document (re: 60 day pause) it states in two places that it applies to cruises departing March 12 to May 10.  This appears in the first paragraph and on the attached FAQ’s.  So since your cruise does not fall in these dates I would agree that you would not receive the extra compensation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, t&atravel said:

If we are reading the same March 12/20 document (re: 60 day pause) it states in two places that it applies to cruises departing March 12 to May 10.  This appears in the first paragraph and on the attached FAQ’s.  So since your cruise does not fall in these dates I would agree that you would not receive the extra compensation.  

Yes that was my interruption too. Having a Princess rep tell my TA I qualify for Option 1 

re. on March 12 th has caused the confusion

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK ... this is my take on this without knowing your exact situation:  Your cruise, if on March 7th, does not qualify for the additional bonus credit based on the advisory.   According to the Princess website, this notification is for "voyages departing March 12 to May 10".  That's my take on it anyway.  

 

Is it the bonus credit you believe is owed to you?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

OK ... this is my take on this without knowing your exact situation:  Your cruise, if on March 7th, does not qualify for the additional bonus credit based on the advisory.   According to the Princess website, this notification is for "voyages departing March 12 to May 10".  That's my take on it anyway.  

 

Is it the bonus credit you believe is owed to you?  

It is the bonus in question.

 I never believed I qualified for it. My TA has worked tirelessly on my 4 cruise bookings in the past 2 months. Confusion from Princess rep telling TA I qualify for Option 1 

And then the reversal 

Edited by dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

dog - I suggest emailing: customerrelations@princesscruises.com  and asking them directly.

 

Email me...

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Coral said:

dog - I suggest emailing: customerrelations@princesscruises.com  and asking them directly.

 

Email me...

Did, no answer from emails

 

TA spoke to 2 Princess reps; I spoke to 1. 2 different answers. 
my TA said she filled in form,  option 1 was my only choice. Just wait. 
when these offers were posted on cc my posts show I did not think I would get anything. 

I really did not see why they were offering bonus FCC. Being able to cancel March 6 with 100 percent FCC lifted a weight off my shoulders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dog said:

It is the bonus in question.

 I never believed I qualified for it. My TA has worked tirelessly on my 4 cruise bookings in the past 2 months. Confusion from Princess rep telling TA I qualify for Option 1 

And then the reversal 

 

I could see that happening ... I've gotten ones that aren't all that knowledgeable on the phone.  

You might get some luck in getting someone that can reverse this decision ... ???  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

 

I could see that happening ... I've gotten ones that aren't all that knowledgeable on the phone.  

You might get some luck in getting someone that can reverse this decision ... ???  

Thanks. I am going to sit it out. Getting tired of it. I am working with a TA who has done all she can. Hope she is able to stay in business , herself. They have the form so I will accept it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else run into this same situation? expecting the bonus for option 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dog said:

Has anyone else run into this same situation? expecting the bonus for option 1?

That is how I read it. I wasn't expecting the Option 1 bonus but Option 2 bonus: 

Screenshot_20200402-152822_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8309ea182d04132f3d1d2e82a2269c24.jpg

What I got for my March 22nd cruise cancelled by Princess was 100% refund + 50% FCC of my cruise / nothing for person 2&3 (refunded to Visa 3/12). Because I got back all my $$s I'm OK. I haven't heard anything about March 29th cruise and really regret not just canceling that and dealing with AON Insurance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to be vague but I am sure I saw a subsequent comment, here on CC, that Princess was going to honor this for earlier dates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Sorry to be vague but I am sure I saw a subsequent comment, here on CC, that Princess was going to honor this for earlier dates.

That is what my initial post in red says. Not true for my cruise now cancelled March 6 th for March 7 th cruise. Princess told TA they would honour it then reversed decision

Edited by dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...