Changing my booked cruise to one that leaves the day before??

SugaMyst

I'm crossing my fingers that my August cruise doesn't get canceled. My August cruise was the 'second choice' on my cruise list (the one I wanted to go on was too $$$) BUT just so happens the $$$ cruise is now affordable and actually cheaper than the one I have booked AND it leaves the day before my booked cruise does.

I really want to switch ships - BAD! The cruise is cheaper now, it's for a longer trip and it goes to the ports I have been dreaming of going to. So far, I've only paid the deposit on my booked cruise. Do I cancel the booked one, then just book the new one or do I call Carnival? I feel strange calling them to switch our cruise when I know they are slammed with cancellation calls.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cruisin' Duo

4 hours ago, SugaMyst said:

I'm crossing my fingers that my August cruise doesn't get canceled. My August cruise was the 'second choice' on my cruise list (the one I wanted to go on was too $$$) BUT just so happens the $$$ cruise is now affordable and actually cheaper than the one I have booked AND it leaves the day before my booked cruise does.

I really want to switch ships - BAD! The cruise is cheaper now, it's for a longer trip and it goes to the ports I have been dreaming of going to. So far, I've only paid the deposit on my booked cruise. Do I cancel the booked one, then just book the new one or do I call Carnival? I feel strange calling them to switch our cruise when I know they are slammed with cancellation calls.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cruisin' Duo

I've rescheduled cruises for many of my family member recently and they are willing to do whatever you want to keep you happy. Just be prepared to sit on hold for an hour plus.

Yes, you can do this and you absolutely should, most it will cost is a $50 per person change fee which they might even waive under the current circumstances. It is the cruise you want to your dream ports and is now in your price range, you would be crazy not to switch!