Regent Refund Experience (please limit to received refunds)

Portolan

20 hours ago, CBWIR said:

First, you have said you have never sailed on Regent. Perhaps you should have said as a potential customer. Earlier this week, you predicted gloom and doom and when it was explained what was going on, you continued to post until you were proven completely wrong. You talk about your Big 4 experience but you were not on the core of the business (audit practice). Now it is public relations expertise. Please explain your experience as you asked someone else about their experience and they responded.

Thank you.

Greykitten....Sorry.... I was very interested in your answer. That was my original question back to you after I gave you my background. We often deviate from the thread. I try not to but this is the only thread where we can get this answer. Please allow us to get this answer.  I normally read responses, whether not they have deviated. Many answers are very interesting. Thank you. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

How about starting a thread where everyone can talk about her or him self; their backgrounds, careers, interests, family or whatever they wish to reveal. That would be welcome for those who choose to read or reveal.

perhaps another thread can be started for miscellaneous topics of anything anyone wishes to discuss. The board already looks like this to me.

This thread is very specific to refunds received. Why can’t it just concentrate on that?  People have several times explicitly requested that it be narrowly focused so to continue with general posts is beginning to strike me as a bit rude.

54 minutes ago, bissel said:

How about starting a thread where everyone can talk about her or him self; their backgrounds, careers, interests, family or whatever they wish to reveal. That would be welcome for those who choose to read or reveal.

perhaps another thread can be started for miscellaneous topics of anything anyone wishes to discuss. The board already looks like this to me.

This thread is very specific to refunds received. Why can’t it just concentrate on that?  People have several times explicitly requested that it be narrowly focused so to continue with general posts is beginning to strike me as a bit rude.

I question whether a poster is supposed to limit a thread so significantly.  It is my understanding that any thread needs to stay on topic (fairly loose rules - likely for a reason).  There are many things to discuss about refunds other than simply saying "yes I received mine". If this thread were truly limited to that, it would be less than one page long (since most people are still awaiting their checks).  In any case, I do not see responses here to be off topic or rude in any way.) 

Okay - I said that wasn't going to post here but it feels as if posters are being. bashed for having an on-topic discussion (on-topic if you ignore the limitations that were placed by the Thread Starter).  

Edited to say that if you only want to know if a person has received their check, it may be simpler to start a poll that could include how long it took "under 30 days", "31-45 days", etc.  This would alleviate unwanted comments.  Just a thought.

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Haha 3

I hate it when they play games with their passangers. I say - if you filed a refund, please give back the money in shortest possible time. I dont understand why they are taking so much time. I think its all about the banks who want to hold on to its money the longer they can. Not sure about cruise companies though

Yes, earlier I had asked for a graph or poll showing just that information. I do not know how to do that. Perhaps the original poster knows.

I like my idea of two threads where people can give their biographical information and another thread for random thoughts. Any other ideas. are fine with me. I am not the thread police. I just want to know how long it took for refunds to be received. All the other threads have a thousand off topics which is also fine. I’m just asking, as is Portolan, for that narrow sliver of information. One page is okay if that is what is happening.

I do feel this continuation is becoming passive aggressive and rude to respond in this manner. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Edited to say that if you only want to know if a person has received their check, it may be simpler to start a poll that could include how long it took "under 30 days", "31-45 days", etc.  This would alleviate unwanted comments.  Just a thought.

Or you could just honor the request of the OP.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 1:01 PM, Portolan said:

Please stop adding non-sequiturs or anecdotes and just report actual refunds (and being a bit of a cynic though an ardent Regent fan), I mean you've received a check or a credit  card posting and not a vague promise. 

Have a suggestion for you Portolan.  There is a thread on Seabourn called Refund  Roll Call and it is doing exactly what you are looking for without all of the superfluous chatter,  The OP is keeping a spreadsheet from what people are posting and periodically posting the updated spreadsheet.

Probably 20 people and counting have posted the necessary information and just that.  No discussion and good information is being provided that help everyone.  By the way, a relatively simple spread sheet so would be easy for you to do and hopefully avoid all the unnecessary discussion that is cluttering this thread and keeping people from actual statistics.

I'm pasting the current spreadsheet so you can see here what is going on.

Quick update - 

As of Date: 5/9/2020        
Cruise Fare Cruise  Date Refund Request  Date  Refund Received Date Days since Request Days To Receive Refund
cruzluvers 3/22/2020 3/9/2020   61  
Bobal 5/6/2020 3/11/2020   59  
Mauzac 4/5/2020 3/14/2020   56  
TV24 3/28/2020 3/15/2020   55  
Scottie920 4/5/2020 3/16/2020   54  
Jodiandfrank 7/18/2020 3/16/2020   54  
Not Jaded 12/20/2020 3/20/2020   50  
Foyt 7/25/2020 3/23/2020   47  
Clou 9/16/2020 3/27/2020   43  
Mauzac 4/20/2020 3/30/2020   40  
Marazul 4/22/2020 4/2/2020   37  
Westport 7/18/2020 4/3/2020   36  
Clou 12/22/2020 4/13/2020   26  
DuffyMcDuffy 5/31/2020 4/14/2020   25  
Zelker 5/23/2020 4/15/2020   24  
Wyattsaubt 6/6/2020 4/15/2020   24  
crudoll 6/27/2020 4/15/2020   24  
jph814 5/23/2020 4/17/2020   22  
Whystayhome 7/31/2020 5/6/2020   3  
Whystayhome 10/24/2020 5/6/2020   3  

Other refunds (Excursions and Taxes) Cruise  Date Refund Request  Date  Refund Received Date Days since Request Days To Receive Refund
Paulchili (Taxes) 3/8/2020 2/27/2020   72  
Notjaded (Exc) 12/20/2020 3/20/2020 4/16/2020   27
JPH814(Exc) 5/23/2020 3/30/2020   40  
crudoll (Exc) 6/27/2020 4/1/2020   38  
Whystayhome (Exc.) 7/31/2020 5/6/2020   3  

Good luck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you use Google Sheets, you would not have to post the link to the spreadsheet except in the very first post.  It would be important to have it organized enough to have the Google Sheet ready so that the link can be posted in the first post where it will be easy to find.  This would be in the style of the sticky thread "Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!" maintained by UUNetBill.  It could even be a sticky thread, which might cut back a little on the temptation to go off topic.  Can there be temporary sticky threads?  This one will probably be relevant for at least a year, hopefully not too much longer than that. 

I would suggest that in addition to the categories in the Seabourn spreadsheet quoted by rallydave above, you might want to add "cruise deposits" for those who cancel before final payment is due.

I would also  suggest that if Portolan does not have the computer expertise needed, that someone who feels strongly about this might offer to take it on.  Maybe bissel or MadMarine, for example?  Creating and maintaining a Google Sheet is not difficult.

• Like 2

Ah, more excellent ideas SusieQft!  I would look to those who have that ability to set that up.

I like your mention of the Suite Guide which is one of the biggest improvements on Cruise Critic. Well done!

Thanks much.

2 hours ago, bissel said:

Yes, earlier I had asked for a graph or poll showing just that information. I do not know how to do that. Perhaps the original poster knows.

I like my idea of two threads where people can give their biographical information and another thread for random thoughts. Any other ideas. are fine with me. I am not the thread police. I just want to know how long it took for refunds to be received. All the other threads have a thousand off topics which is also fine. I’m just asking, as is Portolan, for that narrow sliver of information. One page is okay if that is what is happening.

I do feel this continuation is becoming passive aggressive and rude to respond in this manner. 

So why not just start a new thread with and use  poll option.
You could tailor the poll questions to get ONLY answers like :

Did you cancel your Regent cruise cruise and get a refund (check or CreditCard)?

1. If you got a  refund how long did it take-: under 7 days

2. If you got a  refund how long did it take:  7-15 days.

3. If you got a  refund how long did it take: 15-30 days

4. If you got a  refund how long did it take: 30-60 days

5. If you got a  refund how long did it take: 60-90 days

6. Still waiting.

J

25 minutes ago, JMARINER said:

So why not just start a new thread with and use  poll option.
You could tailor the poll questions to get ONLY answers like :

Did you cancel your Regent cruise cruise and get a refund (check or CreditCard)?

1. If you got a  refund how long did it take-: under 7 days

2. If you got a  refund how long did it take:  7-15 days.

3. If you got a  refund how long did it take: 15-30 days

4. If you got a  refund how long did it take: 30-60 days

5. If you got a  refund how long did it take: 60-90 days

6. Still waiting.

J

Don't think that will work very well J.  Would be almost all your number  right now and not a very accurate depiction with ranges like you suggest.  The spread sheet idea is working extremely well on Seabourn CC  with just enough detail and current data about how long people have laready waited with the number of days updated automatically in the spreadsheet each time it is reposted by the OP. 

All that is needed from the cruiser is date of cruise, date cancelled and what waiting for.  You see there are refunds for deposits full payments, excursions, port taxes and fees, and air that are being refunded not all together.  A poll is not setup to give the necessary data up front and  just getting  20 or whatever number 6's won't tell much of anything.  The small amount of data necessary and simple website gives lots of current information and in the end will say how long everyone waited plus a poll can be deceptively  changed by simply voting.  With the spreadsheets everyone CC name is there so no stuffing the ballot.

I was hoping that someone with a Regent refund pending would step up and volunteer, but have decided that it really would not be that hard for me to do and I am ready to roll out another thread with the spreadsheet.  If I get some more positive feedback on this idea, I will proceed.

Meanwhile, here is what the spreadsheet would look like:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10N3mC_RBiyaAFQnYNdDg4h1DAmwel3-C0rzTSH_XL9c/edit?usp=sharing

I don't know how to make it a sticky thread, but presumably the moderators can change it to one later if they feel it is appropriate.

• Like 1

Ah, more excellent ideas SusieQft!  I would look to those who have that ability to set that up.

I like your mention of the Suite Guide which is one of the biggest improvements on Cruise Critic. Well done!

Thanks much.

Finally got 3rd and final credit card credit for Voyager’s Bali-Hong Kong that aborted in Bangkok 2/21. Refunds came in 3 tranches — (1) Hong Kong post-trip, (2) cruise only/minus air, and (3) an expensive 3-day Angkor Wat excursion.  The last, which had to be chased,  was $200 short of the total paid for an unknown reason.  No explanation on how refunds were accounted for.   Pretty sloppy operation but I’ve never experienced a pandemic before, nor have they.  Hope this helps.  

29 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Okay, the new thread is open and ready for input.

Thanks for doing this.  I wasn’t sure how to proceed using google sheets.  It looks like you will have to give folks editor permissions to add to the sheet.

Thanks again,

Mad

2 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

I could give people editor privileges, but I thought it better to use UUNetBill's model and input the data myself.  Just post the information in that thread and I will enter it.

Got it.  Will do.  Thanks for your great help!

Mad

Any chance you want to add on those of us who are owed the “extras”- taxes, additional money for excursions, Culinary Kitchen, etc. We canceled 2 segments on Splendor and have received and applied our FCC to future cruises for both segments.
We have heard nothing about our additional charges for each of these segments. These were the 4/1 and 4/16 sailings.

I totally understand if you don’t want this additional assignment!

Thanks for what you are doing!

(Another) Sue

27 minutes ago, Brownie54 said:

Any chance you want to add on those of us who are owed the “extras”- taxes, additional money for excursions, Culinary Kitchen, etc. We canceled 2 segments on Splendor and have received and applied our FCC to future cruises for both segments.
We have heard nothing about our additional charges for each of these segments. These were the 4/1 and 4/16 sailings.

I totally understand if you don’t want this additional assignment!

Thanks for what you are doing!

(Another) Sue

Yes, I made a separate category at the bottom of the spreadsheet with that info.  There is also a section for refunds of deposits that are requested before the final payment date.  Just let me know (on the other thread) the date of the refund request and what it was for.

(Actually) Karen  🙂

On 5/7/2020 at 11:35 AM, Pcardad said:

50-55 days currently I heard.

It was 40-45 days a week or so ago. Is the 50-55 days for new cancellations or are the refunds that were expected in 40-45 days a week or so ago now extended to the new estimate.