will they honor this?

smurf1635

From daiquiris to soda and juice, you're covered!

View Online

CCL Logo
35b92519-c488-4b60-8257-8e40af5ee1aa.png 274 DAYS 'TILL YOUR CRUISE!
BOOKING #: removed by me, for privacy    |   SAILING DATE: 01/02/2021
Congratulations on getting the CHEERS! and Bottomless Bubbles packages FREE!
Redemption Instructions: *CHEERS! (for guests aged 21+) and Bottomless Bubbles (for guests aged 20 and below) are included based on a promotional rate code associated with your booking. If you cancel or change the booking, the offer will no longer be valid. Non-refundable.

Since making my booking on the Vista for Aug 29, which DOES include the cheers package, I recieved emails for 2 of the 3 cabins booked on Mardi Gras in January stating that the Cheers package is included!  I called this morning and was told that that offer was only for cruises thru September.  But I have emails saying its included on my Mardi Gras cruise, which I cant even price at the moment because its been taken out of the inventory (which is a whole other story, but I'm going with they are trying to determine IF there will be delays on production)

Anyhow, thoughts? 

TIA,
Robin

52 minutes ago, smurf1635 said:
From daiquiris to soda and juice, you're covered!

View Online

CCL Logo
35b92519-c488-4b60-8257-8e40af5ee1aa.png 274 DAYS 'TILL YOUR CRUISE!
BOOKING #: removed by me, for privacy    |   SAILING DATE: 01/02/2021
Congratulations on getting the CHEERS! and Bottomless Bubbles packages FREE!
Redemption Instructions: *CHEERS! (for guests aged 21+) and Bottomless Bubbles (for guests aged 20 and below) are included based on a promotional rate code associated with your booking. If you cancel or change the booking, the offer will no longer be valid. Non-refundable.

Since making my booking on the Vista for Aug 29, which DOES include the cheers package, I recieved emails for 2 of the 3 cabins booked on Mardi Gras in January stating that the Cheers package is included!  I called this morning and was told that that offer was only for cruises thru September.  But I have emails saying its included on my Mardi Gras cruise, which I cant even price at the moment because its been taken out of the inventory (which is a whole other story, but I'm going with they are trying to determine IF there will be delays on production)

Anyhow, thoughts? 

TIA,
Robin

Print out the emails and bring them on the ship with you. Maybe call customer service in advance and see what they say? 

3 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

Print out the emails and bring them on the ship with you. Maybe call customer service in advance and see what they say? 

3 hours ago, smurf1635 said:

I plan to do just that. But really want it all confirmed before I board, as if I were to lose, I prefer to pay the pre boarding prices.

If you know it’s not included, why would you potentially try to defraud them onboard? They won’t say yes — they will defer the issue to Miami and request a couple days to get back to you. Onboard, they don’t know if you were once at a rate, printed the email, then changed to a less expensive one and trying to do a scam. Not saying you would modify your booking like that, but others would, and it’s the reason they need to research it.

What rate program did you book at? Maybe we can help figure out if it’s included.

Carnival also states in their Cruise Ticket Contract and website terms that they are not responsible for typos or erroneous fares, emails, or anything they didn’t mean to publish.

• Like 1

I mean, I'm not exactly Einstein, but I can fake an e-mail, or the contents of the e-mail pretty amazingly convincingly.  I don't know if I would accept a printed copy of an e-mail as proof positive of an offer.  If they're taking that kind of thing to be real, I think that I'll make an e-mail that says that upon boarding, ownership of the vessel will be transferred to me immediately.  

• Like 1

I don't envy anyone working for the cruise lines.  I think in an attempt to retain/entice bookings there will be a rash of offers re drinks, spa packs, OBC etc.  If I were still a TA .... glad I am not -- I would be telling folks to just sit on offers like this until there was a booking to apply it to?  It seems like accounting and customer service at all the lines are in zombie mode -- justifiably- and they need to sort out refunds, FCCs etc.  I'd print out and also keep in inbox anything I get and at least give them a couple weeks to hopefully sort some things out.  Lots of moving parts, lots of answers...  

Be well

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

I don't envy anyone working for the cruise lines.  I think in an attempt to retain/entice bookings there will be a rash of offers re drinks, spa packs, OBC etc.  If I were still a TA .... glad I am not -- I would be telling folks to just sit on offers like this until there was a booking to apply it to?  It seems like accounting and customer service at all the lines are in zombie mode -- justifiably- and they need to sort out refunds, FCCs etc.  I'd print out and also keep in inbox anything I get and at least give them a couple weeks to hopefully sort some things out.  Lots of moving parts, lots of answers...  

Be well

I agree and there is a difference between a Cruise contract and Consumer Protection law in your State or Florida...Not saying it applys in the situation, but its always fun to quote when the Cruise Contract PomPom squad loves to show up..😁

Edited by mpdog42
mispelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

I agree and there is a difference between a Cruise contract and Consumer Protection law in your State or Florida...Not saying it applys in the situation, but its always fun to quote when the Cruise Contract PomPom squad loves to show up..😁

As always an objective reply, could not resist, could you. Cruise contract pompon squad. 😅  that is a good one.  

Edited by jimbo5544

23 hours ago, Mark_T said:

So in short, the emails are a mistake, you know they are a mistake and Celebrity when you called them confirmed that it was a mistake...

Not sure how much clearer it gets.

Why would Celebrity confirm a deal with Carnival? I guess it wasn't that clear. 😉

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Why would Celebrity confirm a deal with Carnival? I guess it wasn't that clear. 😉

So many groups and so little time 🙂

.. but I’m sure my meaning at least was clear.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 12:53 PM, xDisconnections said:

If you know it’s not included, why would you potentially try to defraud them onboard? They won’t say yes — they will defer the issue to Miami and request a couple days to get back to you. Onboard, they don’t know if you were once at a rate, printed the email, then changed to a less expensive one and trying to do a scam. Not saying you would modify your booking like that, but others would, and it’s the reason they need to research it.

What rate program did you book at? Maybe we can help figure out if it’s included.

Carnival also states in their Cruise Ticket Contract and website terms that they are not responsible for typos or erroneous fares, emails, or anything they didn’t mean to publish.

True.  I was looking at Spirit cruises in August and the website was showing me Zero under all staterooms including suites. My PVP confirmed it was a glitch and if I had booked it, it would not be honored