Cruise Critic Community
SargassoPirate

When Do You Plan To Cruise Again?

Posted (edited)

We have tentatively decided on our next trip.  Land trip, two months.  May/June 2021.  

I would be surprised if we traveled overseas before this.  I would not be surprised if even this is pushed out to fall 2021.

Edited by iancal

We just booked for Thanksgiving week. I figure if we are careful about being around too many people we should be fine. I also think the lines will be really careful about keeping things clean.

Posted (edited)

We cancelled our cruise with Carnival for next January. We won't book another until they refund our deposit. They are saying at least 90 days. Also we won't book another until a vaccine is available. Being diabetic  I'm not going to walk around on a ship wearing face-masks all day. Hope they get it done soon. 

Edited by KEN W

Well since wearing a mask does almost nothing for me but does a lot for others around me, I will wear a mask if necessary.  It is just a sign of respect and a modicum of care for your fellow man.  Now if I could just figure out how to eat if masks are needed.  I wouldn't like room service for every meal even if it were offered.

Posted (edited)

We cannot imagine booking a cruise at this point in time without knowing what the on board environment will be.  We are not anxious enough to book a cruise that we would do so without even knowing if we would enjoy being on board with whatever restrictions there happens to be.

Nor would we be willing to book a cruise based on the current advertised itinerary.   We would want to have a good indication that most of the advertised port stops and venues in those ports would be open.

We believe that there is still a long way to go on this pandemic.   Health experts are expecting a second wave in the September time frame  but who really knows.   

Our health and our well being is far more important to us than our desire to cruise.  Over and above this, we do not even know what the industry will look like coming out of this crises.  Or the cruise line or cruise ship lineup.    Our approach would be to keep our hands in our pockets, not give a dime to any cruise line at this time, and if we had an outstanding refund we would decline an FCC and we would institute a credit card dispute in order to speed up the return of any outstanding monies owed to us.

Edited by iancal

We have a BTB transatlantic scheduled for December.   We have had two other cruises canceled this year.   My husband and I are low risk, and not overweight so we are not worried about COVID 19.   We will follow whatever the new procedures are on board the ship.   We also cruise only twice a year so we can afford a nice cabin/suite.   If we are confined to our cabin we will have a nice space and a large balcony.   We also have a great supply of books on our kindles.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 45th anniversary aboard the Carnival Horizon October 3rd sailing. We are looking so forward to sailing again, our 22nd cruise with Carnival.

We cancelled our cruise which was sailing end of June.  Will see how things go and hope by June 2021 we might cruise again.  It’s more the air travel we need to get to ship that I’m more concerned about, really don’t want to be sitting on a plane.