Crew Member passes away on Infinity 4/2

LMaxwell

There were pics of a  tender arrriving but not at the main Port area ..when the Port Ev webcam was following the Holland ships.   There was some speculation it might be an evacuated crew member from Oasis. But no one seemed to know for sure

Hope they get this under control..how sad a crew member has died....

• Like 1

USA Today is reporting that a crew member on Infinity has sadly died from COVID19. I couldn't find anything here. Apparently there are no passengers on board. What happens when the crew gets sick? I hope anyone else sick gets the help they need.

Edited by Host Kat
Threads merged.

Yes it's true.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241710696.html

There are medical staff on board the ships. Seriously ill crew have been evacuated. There's already a thread on this here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2744529-crew-member-passes-away-on-infinity-42/

Edited by mom says

8 minutes ago, sheffield said:

Phoenix Cruiser, no reason to believe he had underlying conditions, they are seeing more and more healthy young people being admitted in New York. 

Totally agree.  Obviously, those most susceptible need to be the most vigilant, but I think the original meme that mostly only old and infirm people would be affected has long been disproven.  And had led to idiotic behavior by a large part of the worldwide population, who somehow believed they were immune (or bulletproof).

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

...And had led to idiotic behavior by a large part of the worldwide population, who somehow believed they were immune (or bulletproof).

Or, as in the case of many ship's crew members, were in an occupation that put them at increased risk of exposure.

• Like 2

We got off the Infinity on February 22.  My husband and I were so sick for 2 weeks.  We have read on our Facebook chat, over 700 people were sick on our cruise.  I am so sorry to hear about this crew member.   These people work so hard to make our vacation wonderful, it's such a shame that this happened.  Prayers for this crew member!!

• Thanks 1