Ryndam

PatLuv

Booked the June 1st, 2021 sailing Jewels of the Baltic's while on my Maasdam cruise in Feb.  Couldn't pass up the deal!  Now... will she be finished in time for her scheduled debut?  

2 hours ago, ski ww said:

I too am interested on what is happening with this new build.  I can't see any work been done in the dry dock with everything else that's happening in Italy.

Only 'essential services' are operating across Europe and Italy has been badly hit, specially the northern industrialist areas.

Building will resume when the lockdown ends and Ryndam will continue to be built.  I would guess that she will be 2/3 months late.  Even if Fincantieri would work double shifts, the supply chain will need to get back up to speed.  Also, I don't imagine that HAL would be pushing for completion too soon until bookings for all ships start to fill.

49 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Only 'essential services' are operating across Europe and Italy has been badly hit, specially the northern industrialist areas.

Building will resume when the lockdown ends and Ryndam will continue to be built.  I would guess that she will be 2/3 months late.  Even if Fincantieri would work double shifts, the supply chain will need to get back up to speed.  Also, I don't imagine that HAL would be pushing for completion too soon until bookings for all ships start to fill.

I tend to agree with your assessment of the situation.  

10 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I did read on the Fincantieri website that they'll work through the summer holidays to attempt to get back on schedule.  Hopefully this will be achievable.  

I wonder how far along the Ryndam is in being built.

I would expect her to be completed--very slowly--perhaps.

I think there will be many cancellations of orders for newbuilds by all of the cruise lines in the near future.  The shipyards face a depression if that happens, I fear.  

My wife and I are booked on the Ryndam's first transatlantic (Amsterdam to Ft. Lauderdale, Oct. 10-24, 2021). It's several months after the ship was originally set to start sailing, so maybe it's still a "go." I sure hope so; it looks like a nice cruise and we love transatlantics (have done three in each direction).

• Like 1