Overnight Stay in Panama city - private excursions

coloradocruiselover88

There are a couple of names that pop up on this forum once in awhile like Robtads and My Friend Mario, but they always seem a bit ephemeral.  I don't have any names that I could throw out.  Just see if you can find anything current on Trip Advisor or see what the hotel you are staying at may have to offer.

• 8 months later...
On 4/5/2020 at 1:47 PM, BillB48 said:

There are a couple of names that pop up on this forum once in awhile like Robtads and My Friend Mario, but they always seem a bit ephemeral.  I don't have any names that I could throw out.  Just see if you can find anything current on Trip Advisor or see what the hotel you are staying at may have to offer.

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We're also thinking of a Panama canal cruise ending in Panama City (Fuerte Amador).  Hotels in Panama is inexpensive, especially some good value from Marriott redemption. 

We had done a Panama AI beach resort before, and took a day tour to Panama city, saw old town, locks & visitor center, etc.  So we wonder if it'd be worth staying 2 more days, to try to see more of Panama. 

(Or just an excuse to stay in warm (hot) weather for 2 more days before returning to the cold Jan. winter in Toronto.)

• Like 1

Here is something a bit different, http://www.emberavillagetours.com/

There are a number of villages that are used for these types of tours, but Anne Gordon's is probably the best.  Some of the close in villages are more of a demonstration village,  but they do accurately represent Embera life.  Anne's village is in one of the more remote areas and would certainly give you a completely different view of Panama.