Do I need to contact my travel agent?

rubens

X cancelled our 4/19 cruise so they promise to issue a FCC for 125 % which is ok for us but the booking was made through a US online TA.

Do we need to inform the TA about our choice? Or will everything be done without the agent help?

2 hours ago, rubens said:

X cancelled our 4/19 cruise so they promise to issue a FCC for 125 % which is ok for us but the booking was made through a US online TA.

Do we need to inform the TA about our choice? Or will everything be done without the agent help?

Per Celebrity; "For impacted sailings, compensation of 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be processed automatically. Future Cruise Credit is good through December 31st, 2021. If you prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit for all of the guests in your reservation and instead accept a 100% refund, you may contact us anytime up until the expiration date of your FCC".  

3 hours ago, rubens said:

Our TA contacted us. We had called to let them know we wanted the refund the week before but I figure out big box TA was probably busy stocking toilet paper and forgot our conversation.

We booked our cancelled cruise through a TA but opted for the 100% refund.  We did that through a link in the Celebrity cancellation e-mail.  The option of the FCC was also available.  Either way, we didn't need to go through our TA.  Did you get a cancellation e-mail from Celebrity containing those links?

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

Per Celebrity; "For impacted sailings, compensation of 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be processed automatically. Future Cruise Credit is good through December 31st, 2021. If you prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit for all of the guests in your reservation and instead accept a 100% refund, you may contact us anytime up until the expiration date of your FCC".  

This is also how I understand the rules

13 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Since I booked with a TA, I had to cancel with her.

Different answer

10 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

It would be wise to contact your TA. 

My DH tried to handle our Infinity May 9th cruise via Celebrity and they told him to handle it through our agent.

Different answer

58 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We booked our cancelled cruise through a TA but opted for the 100% refund.  We did that through a link in the Celebrity cancellation e-mail.  The option of the FCC was also available.  Either way, we didn't need to go through our TA.  Did you get a cancellation e-mail from Celebrity containing those links?

Yes we had the email with the link. Thanks

I cancelled online with the Big Box TA.  Below is the confirmaton they provided:

Most refunds require 7 to 10 business days to process. If you do not see your refund after 10 business days, please call 1-866-XXX-XXXX  to speak with a XXXXXX Travel expert. 

I am on business day #10  and will continue to watch my charge account with no refund yet. Also, Celebrity is still showing my April 12 sailing as an open reservation just like the ship is still sailing.  We all know that is simply not true. 

53 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If you refund does TA lose any commission?

Just got an email from X.  Save $.

No. RCI l is protecting TA’s commissions on all cancelled sailings and on those sailings paid in full that are cancelled. They are also paying commission on the FCC’s once redeemed.

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Most refunds require 7 to 10 business days to process. If you do not see your refund after 10 business days, please call 1-866-XXX-XXXX  to speak with a XXXXXX Travel expert. 

It's now 30 days.  Cancelled March 18th told 7 to 10 days. This morning told 30 days.  No point in calling until after April 17th if it's not there. 

16 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

It's now 30 days.  Cancelled March 18th told 7 to 10 days. This morning told 30 days.  No point in calling until after April 17th if it's not there. 

Just to be clear, I did not make the refund statement.  The refund statement was made by my TA as noted in red.

I cancelled online with the Big Box TA.  Below is the confirmaton they provided:

I am on business day #10  and will continue to watch my charge account with no refund yet. Also, Celebrity is still showing my April 12 sailing as an open reservation just like the ship is still sailing.  We all know that is simply not true. 

Do you need to contact your TA?  No.  Except it is both the right thing to do and they can assist with either your FCC and immediately apply it or assist with a refund.

Suggest an email.  Might take them a couple days to get back to you.  If no reply after a week you might want to find a new TA.

As for refunds from X.  They are falling about 2 days further behind as each day passes.  At least 30 days now.  My TA said 4 -8 weeks.  In this unprecedented time don't bother them.  It just delays things for everyone.  In 4 weeks call your TA.

25 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Do you need to contact your TA?  No.  Except it is both the right thing to do and they can assist with either your FCC and immediately apply it or assist with a refund.

Suggest an email.  Might take them a couple days to get back to you.  If no reply after a week you might want to find a new TA.

As for refunds from X.  They are falling about 2 days further behind as each day passes.  At least 30 days now.  My TA said 4 -8 weeks.  In this unprecedented time don't bother them.  It just delays things for everyone.  In 4 weeks call your TA.

Agree no point in calling until at the 30 day mark. The agents nor the resolution team cannot help as refunds processed manually by accounting department. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Agree. We took the cash refund for our 28 March and 4 April cruises when Celebrity cancelled them on 13 March. A rep. from the Captains Club told be at least 30 days before the money shows up on my Credit Card. 

33 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I understand why X cancels these upcoming cruises.  When will they stop doing that?  At what point do they say "we're going"?  (I have one Dec 2020.)

My Magic 8 Ball says, cannot predict now". 🎱

• Like 1

You should always contact your travel agent no matter what question is. He is like the only person you can rely on in any situation. The response usually take 30-60 days. Sometimes it can occur even earlier but you should remember that there may be a time difference between the approval and the actual time of a refund. Keep in mind that they can always postpone it