COVID-19 on the POA

BirdTravels

At today's daily press conference by the Governor of Hawaii, David Ige, Dr. Bruce Anderson, Director of the Hawaii Department of Health responded to a question regarding ambulances being sent to the Pride of America. Dr. Anderson said that he did not have any details, but one crew member was removed and placed in isolation after testing positive for the coronavirus. Hawaii has currently closed its borders and requires anyone arriving in the state to quarantine for 14 days, regardless of where they are coming from. You can start your vacation after staying locked up for 14 days,,, then abide by the "shelter in place" orders. 

A 14 day quarantine period ends any vacation plans in Hawaii or anywhere else for that matter !

Who is picking-up the expense tab on the quarantined villa/spa ?

Some of the test results are coming back as a false positive ?

14 days quarantined but the incubation period is reported to be 37 days ?

Some people are carrying the virus around and are immune ?

Those that don't have an immune system it hits hard - ventilators and all that stuff ?

To wear the mask or not - what does it protect you or others from ?

Certainly in NYC a necessity - in Wyoming state or other wide open spaces senseless and useless ?

Special masks reserved for front line and OR medical personnel in contact with virus patients ?

And to top this off with aplomb the US Federal government and State governments having a disorganized

agenda managing the vital equipment inventory and the hoarding of it all by others !!!

7 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

A 14 day quarantine period ends any vacation plans in Hawaii or anywhere else for that matter !

Who is picking-up the expense tab on the quarantined villa/spa ?

Some of the test results are coming back as a false positive ?

14 days quarantined but the incubation period is reported to be 37 days ?

Some people are carrying the virus around and are immune ?

Those that don't have an immune system it hits hard - ventilators and all that stuff ?

To wear the mask or not - what does it protect you or others from ?

Certainly in NYC a necessity - in Wyoming state or other wide open spaces senseless and useless ?

Special masks reserved for front line and OR medical personnel in contact with virus patients ?

And to top this off with aplomb the US Federal government and State governments having a disorganized

agenda managing the vital equipment inventory and the hoarding of it all by others !!!

Why are your points made in the form of a question?  Are these questions you have or facts you are questioning?  Confused.

• Like 1

BirdTravels do you know if the POA has just been sitting there off coast of Hawaii? The reason i ask is it seems most of the ships with crew are just docked and nobody gets off.  How in the world could a case show up this late in the game since cruises stopped mid March. Possibly unloading supplies?

i know what it has been like to be quarantined in my big house (3 weeks tomorrow) with my husband and pets so my heart bleeds for the crew in a tiny room with nobody and nothing to do.  Talk about stress.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

BirdTravels do you know if the POA has just been sitting there off coast of Hawaii? The reason i ask is it seems most of the ships with crew are just docked and nobody gets off.  How in the world could a case show up this late in the game since cruises stopped mid March. Possibly unloading supplies?

i know what it has been like to be quarantined in my big house (3 weeks tomorrow) with my husband and pets so my heart bleeds for the crew in a tiny room with nobody and nothing to do.  Talk about stress.

Looking at the cam it has been docked at its normal spot for the past couple weeks.

8 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

The current tests aren't that reliable - on both ends.  So it does bring into question whether it is the test itself or the info about how the virus is transmitted.  Even if someone got off the ship, where did they pick it up, since Hawaii has been in quarantine for awhile now.  Lots of questions, need more answers.

https://time.com/5789745/westerdam-coronavirus-false-positive/

As to the crew, some of the ships have apparently moved any remaining crew into regular passenger cabins.  Might as well.  No reason they can't roam about the ship and take advantage of the amenities.

CDC actually has identified multiple NCL ships with COVID-19 cases onboard or post-cruise. 

Norwegian Bliss (Mar 1-15) 

Norwegian Breakaway (Feb 28-Mar 14)

Norwegian Pride of America (Feb 29-Mar 7)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-ship/what-cdc-is-doing.html

Six crew members on the Pride of America cruise ship docked at Honolulu Harbor have tested positive for coronavirus, and two are now hospitalized.

The state said there are 500 crew members onboard the vessel.

Passengers haven’t been allowed on the vessel since March 14.

In a news release, the state said its coordinating with the cruise line and following CDC protocol to determine when healthy crew members can be allowed to leave the ship and return to their home state.

7 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Good luck with that.  They are free to begin at any time.  If people want to go cruising, go cruising during a pandemic.  However, when you take that chance and get quarantined don't come to us in desperate need while stranded. Our hospitals are full and first responders overwhelmed.  You realize the amount of government officials and first responders that had to deal with the Princess ship in CA?  We can drop cans of spam to you because this would be my opinion and I think the majority of the world:

Edited by david_sobe

5 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Good luck with that.  They are free to begin at any time.  If people want to go cruising, go cruising during a pandemic.  However, when you take that chance and get quarantined don't come to us in desperate need while stranded. Our hospitals are full and first responders overwhelmed.  You realize the amount of government officials and first responders that had to deal with the Princess ship in CA?  We can drop cans of spam to you because this would be my opinion and I think the majority of the world:

a simple "i was wrong" would have been enough. 🙂 

On 4/9/2020 at 2:33 PM, seaman11 said:

a simple "i was wrong" would have been enough.

I still don’t read it the same as you, you claim sold out I read we stopped selling because we can’t afford the fcc. You read sailing in may or June I read if we do, it won’t be in the USA so start buying your plain tickets to China because we can change the port of departure and there’s nothing you can do about it. 
   I was attacked last week for still wanting to go at the end of June ( I still do and would). But these articles and the select info you choose to post is completely contradictory to reality. I understand where your coming from, I really do but telling everyone else there wrong and you are the only person who is right is telling. It’s been two days and a hundred post of you telling everyone else they owe you an apology. You think you proved a point by booking a restaurant but the reality is I could book an Alaska or New England cruise that can’t go the ports there scheduled for. Of course NCL let you book you are the person Del Rio is counting on so he gets a 7 or 8 figure bonus.