How Long For refunds.to hit Credit Card

2 minutes ago, sean of the seas said:

Has anyone had credit card refunded for cancelled cruise since mid march.  RCCL cancelled two of our cruises We applied for a cash refund and to date nothing has gone back to CC.  Just wondering how long it's taking.   Stay safe.

We're waiting on two as well. From what I was told Thursday by C&A rep it appears that they are posting them to their financial systems as they are processed, and the that system does the disbursements in batches. Our two were posted 10 days ago, but the disbursement process didn't execute until Wednesday. From there it should take 3-4 days to hit our credit card accounts. The two cruises that we cancelled for july were also posted 10 days ago, and disbursement was executed on Wednesday as well.

I think it varies, depending on whether the cruise line cancelled the cruise, or you cancelled.  We applied for the cash refund for two of our cruises that were canceled.  One was cancelled in the first batch by Royal, and one was canceled in the second batch by Royal.  The only thing received so far was refund of excursions purchased for the cruise in the first batch.  It came back on the credit card about 10 days after we requested the refund option.

It has been 22 days since we requested refund on the first one, and nothing yet.  For the cruise in the second batch, we requested refund 8 days ago, and nothing has been refunded yet.

I read in another post that they were now saying it may be 30 days past the date you were to sail, but that is not what their emails state.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I think it varies, depending on whether the cruise line cancelled the cruise, or you cancelled.  We applied for the cash refund for two of our cruises that were canceled.  One was cancelled in the first batch by Royal, and one was canceled in the second batch by Royal.  The only thing received so far was refund of excursions purchased for the cruise in the first batch.  It came back on the credit card about 10 days after we requested the refund option.

It has been 22 days since we requested refund on the first one, and nothing yet.  For the cruise in the second batch, we requested refund 8 days ago, and nothing has been refunded yet.

I read in another post that they were now saying it may be 30 days past the date you were to sail, but that is not what their emails state.

Another Thread yesterday were quoted by end of April, though some got theirs within couple weeks. In past major interruptions Hurricanes hitting Florida effecting many ships it took month, this is 10 times worse and everything is taking longer...

21 hours ago, orville99 said:

We're waiting on two as well. From what I was told Thursday by C&A rep it appears that they are posting them to their financial systems as they are processed, and the that system does the disbursements in batches. Our two were posted 10 days ago, but the disbursement process didn't execute until Wednesday. From there it should take 3-4 days to hit our credit card accounts. The two cruises that we cancelled for july were also posted 10 days ago, and disbursement was executed on Wednesday as well.

Weirdly quoting my own post, but the update is that the taxes and fees portions on the two cruises that we cancelled on March 10 hit my credit card this morning, along with the taxes and fees portion of a cruise that we cancelled for July 10. :classic_biggrin::classic_cool:

On 4/4/2020 at 12:31 PM, JoelinSedona said:

Yesterday, my big box travel agent said it may take up to 90 days. They sounded pretty exasperated with Royal. Certainly seems like they're using our money like an easy no cost source of cash flow. 

MrRandal, posted on this thread, >>

that Viking refunded his money within a few days.

4 hours ago, Luv2Kruize said:

Has anyone asked for a refund on their canceled cruise using the online form? Or is it better to call RCCL directly? 

I called RCCL directly on March 24th when it was announced that our May 3rd Cruise was cancelled.  I ask for our refund.  I was told that I would be refunded my money in 5 to 10 days.  I wasn’t counting on that.  I called back today just to make sure my refund was being processed. The person that I spoke with today checked on our record and said our refund should come through 30 days from date requested.

I got my credit for my Vision which was to sail next month.

I cancelled March 7th and I got all that I was supposed to get for base and excursions posted today.

For my Symphony that was cancelled due to sail Apr 24th I am still waiting for taxes and tips. Taking FCC.

I last checked my card Apr 2nd and there were no credits, but today they showed with dates from RCI for March.

It appears cards are not being updated so quickly after RCI sends the credit.

8 hours ago, Luv2Kruize said:

Has anyone asked for a refund on their canceled cruise using the online form? Or is it better to call RCCL directly? 

I used the form that was emailed when given the opportunity to get a refund for the May 14 Grandeur sailing. A reply/copy of from with my response to the questions was sent shortly after submission . It did not say when refund would be processed but at least did contain a reference number. Not much one can do now but to patiently wait.

When we cancelled Sat 3/28, we were told 7--10 business days for the refund (no word yet). I asked for a cancellation confirmation by email but was told no, although I do have a confirmation number.

I had cancelled my pre-purchased excursions on 3/25 and received notification of those today, even though the receipts for those said within 30 days.