Cruise Critic Community
LovetheCubs

FCC credit and refund questions

My cruise for middle of April was canceled. Which is a good thing because with all of this I didn’t want to go anyway! I originally received an email that said that I could apply for a refund on April 13. But then two days later I got an email that said I had future cruise credit applied to my account. I would rather have the refund. Does anyone know what the deal with this is?

FCC emails are given to everyone. If you wanted a refund, then go to the site to fill out the refund form. Did you do that yet? These refunds would take at least 90 days.

Everyone is automatically given an FCC. If you want a refund the FCC is removed from your account.

Ok thanks!! I did get the email about the website but said i couldn’t fill it out until April 13th so that’s why I was confused.  I plan to fill out the form the day I can!! Just wanted to see if anyone know what was up with this!  I can wait my 90+ days. I would just rather get my money at this point! 

But if you choose to get the FCC you get 125% FCC PLUS you get 20% off a future cruise if you book it within a couple of weeks. 

We opted for the FCC - and already spent most of it booking another transatlantic in April 2021.  We are supposed to have about a $1,200 balance remaining.  Can anyone tell me WHERE I can see that balance ??

THANKS

19 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

We opted for the FCC - and already spent most of it booking another transatlantic in April 2021.  We are supposed to have about a $1,200 balance remaining.  Can anyone tell me WHERE I can see that balance ??

THANKS

It’ll show up in your “my credits and coupons” section when you try to pay for something.

4 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

It’ll show up in your “my credits and coupons” section when you try to pay for something.

Well - I put something in my shopping cart, and started to "but it" and still didn't see anything called "coupons and credits" (or whatever) anywhere 

Thanks, anyway - guess I better call my Travel Agent 🙄

On 4/4/2020 at 7:24 PM, bluesea777 said:

But if you choose to get the FCC you get 125% FCC PLUS you get 20% off a future cruise if you book it within a couple of weeks. 

Is it applied to just base fare or can you apply it to final balance (to include port fees, DSC, gratuity on promo packages, etc) 

14 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

Is it applied to just base fare or can you apply it to final balance (to include port fees, DSC, gratuity on promo packages, etc) , 

My FCC was applied to everything had booked (Apr. 2021 B2b cruises).  It included, Guest Fare, Gov Tax/Port Exp/Fees, Bev Srv Charge, Din Srv Charge.  My B2B cruises have only a small amount still owing.  (I am a solo cruiser now so amounts will obviously be different for couples.)

7 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

My FCC was applied to everything had booked (Apr. 2021 B2b cruises).  It included, Guest Fare, Gov Tax/Port Exp/Fees, Bev Srv Charge, Din Srv Charge.  My B2B cruises have only a small amount still owing.  (I am a solo cruiser now so amounts will obviously be different for couples.)

Thank you..... lots of misinformation based on "opinions" and not experiences out here