Will You Take Cash Refund Or FCC?

chobo2

What Will You Take?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Will You Take

• FCC + 20% discount
    • Cash

Hey

I know almost every second post is about getting refunds but I would like to see it in a poll.  I personally leaning towards taking the Cash refund as I looked at my same cruise that would happen in 2021 and basically at the current prices posted, it roughly comes out to the same price as what I paid for my cruise. 

I personally rather just wait to see what all the cruise lines have to offer once this is all over and then decide where we are going to cruise. 

Just now, YVRBassElectric said:

We haven't decided - we can't until April 13. 

Will probably take refund & travel inside Canada for the year or so after all Public Health Emergency orders are lifted

Yeah got till the 13th, but I think most people will have made up their mind long before there, Like unless some super deal is released (ie getting 2 cruises for the price of 1) then it is cash for me.

I am burning through all my vacation right now to keep my status as "employed" so I won't have a vacation anymore this year. 

4 minutes ago, chobo2 said:

I can add that but won't that almost just default you adding FCC?

I guess but to me it's just people saying "to hell with it, I don't care at this point".    No biggie though.  I'm just having a boring quarantine day with no sports and no beer.   🙂

2 minutes ago, chobo2 said:

Yeah got till the 13th, but I think most people will have made up their mind long before there, Like unless some super deal is released (ie getting 2 cruises for the price of 1) then it is cash for me.

I am burning through all my vacation right now to keep my status as "employed" so I won't have a vacation anymore this year. 

I am in the second batch of cancellations, so can't access the form until 13th. I am leaning to FCC, hubby to refund

2 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

I guess but to me it's just people saying "to hell with it, I don't care at this point".    No biggie though.  I'm just having a boring quarantine day with no sports and no beer.   🙂

Lol,  yeah, I can add  "I Don't Care" lol

though I don't see any edit button.

Edited by chobo2

1 minute ago, YVRBassElectric said:

I am in the second batch of cancellations, so can't access the form until 13th. I am leaning to FCC, hubby to refund

Right, this does not necessarily have to be a cabin decision one person can get cash and the other FCC.

I will pick cash without a moment of hesitation. These days its better to have cash rather than some virtual points. With money in your pocket you will decide yourself what to do with your money. Go on a cruise or stay at home or maybe fly somewhere. Even tho thse deals can be very good at times, still I prefer actual money better. Hope everyone understands it

• Like 3

We have 4 cabins booked for 5/31 Bliss.  I think DH and I will take the FCC, as we already have a So. Caribbean booked for May, 2021, but the other 3 cabins are hoping for a refund.  Maybe DH and I will make it to Alaska this year for his 50th, maybe we'll end up somewhere else this year.  But we will cruise again!  

12 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

We have 4 cabins booked for 5/31 Bliss.  I think DH and I will take the FCC, as we already have a So. Caribbean booked for May, 2021, but the other 3 cabins are hoping for a refund.  Maybe DH and I will make it to Alaska this year for his 50th, maybe we'll end up somewhere else this year.  But we will cruise again!  

We have a cruise booked for October for which we have only so far paid the deposit. Can we use our FCCs to pay the balance of that cruise or is the FCC only for new bookings? If only for new bookings, then we will request refund instead of taking the FCC for our cruise for this month that was cancelled.

15 minutes ago, jaapie said:

We have a cruise booked for October for which we have only so far paid the deposit. Can we use our FCCs to pay the balance of that cruise or is the FCC only for new bookings? If only for new bookings, then we will request refund instead of taking the FCC for our cruise for this month that was cancelled.

From what I was told by my TA, you cannot apply the FCC to anything you booked before March.  I booked a new cruise with CN certificates but held off on using the FCC, hoping they change their mind and let me use it to pay off a cruise in October (price is about the same but my perks are better).  Otherwise, I will apply the FCC to the new booking.

We cruised with the ncl jewel from Sydney on the 28th of February. Ncl offered a refund 100% or fcc 150%.But if you want to fill in the refundform the guest relations send us it's not possible because the date starts the13 th of March. Anybody an idea how it works. 

So, yes we will be going for the refund if we can 

find how! 

We would take the FCC if NCL cancels our June 27 Jade cruise ... I had a look at the 2021 itineraries and found some interesting ones. 

In the last year or two NCL has stepped up and produced some fantastic itineraries. 

We are hoping NCL will cancel our June cruise to give us leeway to book a couple of our bucket list cruises in 2021 - Star Antarctica and Spirit Dubai to Singapore via India. 

We’re taking the cash because who knows if NCL will be in business down the road. I don’t think they will go bankrupt in the short term but health officials are saying this pandemic is likely to last for two years with waves of periodic outbreaks. If a vaccine isn’t developed in the next year,  I just don’t know if the cruise lines could survive two years with no cash flow. My guess is no. I have three future cruises booked and I am also a shareholder so I hope my assessment is off base, but the potential reality scares me.

• Like 2

NCL - please read this!!! Our June 27 2020 cruise is an Ultimate Baltic cruise which is an unique one, and it is looking likely it will be cancelled - either by NCL or ourselves - and we still want to do the exact cruise but we do not see any in the 2021 cruise line ups. Any chance you will include this special itinerary in the 2022 line ups?

PLEASE NCL !!!