Is the Koningsdam heading back to the Caribbean

rjbean4

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

In 2015 we went through the canal; they were still dredging and building.  I have never seen such a nasty-looking machine!~P1000265.thumb.jpeg.695c248da5016b6de435ee5172d20088.jpegP1000200.thumb.jpeg.3a79515f94a0b21e85d96abd054d6c51.jpeg

A visit to the Orthodontist must cost a fortune.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

In 2015 we went through the canal; they were still dredging and building.  I have never seen such a nasty-looking machine!~P1000265.thumb.jpeg.695c248da5016b6de435ee5172d20088.jpegP1000200.thumb.jpeg.3a79515f94a0b21e85d96abd054d6c51.jpeg

Oh ouch. That will leave a mark. We have also seen some strange things going through on our 7 transits and  ships you don't see anywhere else.

Edited by rjbean4

2 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

A visit to the Orthodontist must cost a fortune.

Oh and speaking of will have to remember to show this to mine. I had a Orthodontist appointment on March 26th scheduled but they are closed. Was rescheduled for the end of may. I'll be in a little trouble if anything I have now breaks or comes off. What I have that I was supposed to be picking up will have to be dusted by the time I get everything.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Looks to me like you're comparing a lock on the old canal with a channel in the new one.

Roy

Yes.  I was.  But, looking at the current view of the Koningsdam is in the lock, it appears that there is more space between the wall of the lock and the ship's side.

12 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

But, looking at the current view of the Koningsdam is in the lock, it appears that there is more space between the wall of the lock and the ship's side.

Yes. The old locks are 110 ft wide, allowing only two ft on each side of a 106 ft wide ship. The new locks are 55 meters wide, allowing 10 meters on each side of 35 meter (114.8 ft) ship.

Edited by catl331

2 minutes ago, Frank5 said:

Apparently the life boats are not a problem going through the new locks.

That's true with no passengers or luggage, and probably less fuel and provisions, allowing her to ride higher in the water. With a full load it might be a different story.

Edited by catl331
  • Like 1