Family of four refund/credit?

I'm sorry if this has already been answered. 

We are a family of four in one cabin with 20 and 22 year old kids on a canceled cruise in May. All four of us got separate FCC emails.

If I want a refund, do I need to fill out four separate forms even though it says: "Suspended Sailings – Refund Request This form can only be used if you are requesting a refund for all individuals on a reservation. Partial refunds are not allowed."?

And if I wanted to re-book with the 25% plus 20% deal can I combine all of them for just my husband and I or do I have to get refunds for the kids? (They will be going back to school and I have no idea of their future availability).

Thanks

1 hour ago, kimkencruzers said:

We are a family of four in one cabin with 20 and 22 year old kids on a canceled cruise in May. All four of us got separate FCC emails.

If I want a refund, do I need to fill out four separate forms even though it says: "Suspended Sailings – Refund Request This form can only be used if you are requesting a refund for all individuals on a reservation. Partial refunds are not allowed."?

And if I wanted to re-book with the 25% plus 20% deal can I combine all of them for just my husband and I or do I have to get refunds for the kids? (They will be going back to school and I have no idea of their future availability).

Thanks

Everyone has separate accounts.   Cash refunds require the online request form to be submitted.      So submit for each person to be clear.      

FCC and bonus are automatically defaulted to each Latitudes account if you do nothing. 

Special requests are likely better handled with a call.  

38 minutes ago, kimkencruzers said:

Thanks

I would call Norwegian customer service regarding your question about refunds. I chose to take the future cruise credit for my April 19, 2020 11 day cruise and I"m now regretting it. The original notification regarding cancelled cruises only applied to cruises booked up to April 11. I jumped on the credit offer only to find incredibly inflated prices for cruises in all of 2021. My cancelled cruise sails just once in December 2021, and is almost twice what I paid for the same ship and cabin selection. I paid $6,438 for 2 guests in an aft penthouse suite on the Pearl. That same cabin for 2 guests now lists for $16,838 which they then mark down to $9,430. 

I realize it's a very difficult time for Norwegian Cruise Lines, but if I were you I would take the full cash refund. The future cruise credit, along with the reduced cruise selections, will leave you very disappointed.

19 minutes ago, djkolp said:

I would call Norwegian customer service regarding your question about refunds. I chose to take the future cruise credit for my April 19, 2020 11 day cruise and I"m now regretting it. The original notification regarding cancelled cruises only applied to cruises booked up to April 11. I jumped on the credit offer only to find incredibly inflated prices for cruises in all of 2021. My cancelled cruise sails just once in December 2021, and is almost twice what I paid for the same ship and cabin selection. I paid $6,438 for 2 guests in an aft penthouse suite on the Pearl. That same cabin for 2 guests now lists for $16,838 which they then mark down to $9,430. 

I realize it's a very difficult time for Norwegian Cruise Lines, but if I were you I would take the full cash refund. The future cruise credit, along with the reduced cruise selections, will leave you very disappointed.

I know you mentioned that you chosen for the FCCs, but could you then fill out the form to get for refunds since you regretted it?

Well, the supply and demand will change. Cruise prices would be shown as higher right now, but once cruises start back up, these prices can change.

It is wise to get a refund back as FCCs is use it or lose it and for some cruisers - they would not be able to use the whole value of FCCs amount.

35 minutes ago, poohdreaming said:

I know you mentioned that you chosen for the FCCs, but could you then fill out the form to get for refunds since you regretted it?

Well, the supply and demand will change. Cruise prices would be shown as higher right now, but once cruises start back up, these prices can change.

It is wise to get a refund back as FCCs is use it or lose it and for some cruisers - they would not be able to use the whole value of FCCs amount.

I had initially believed that I could get the full refund, but I've since learned that once I accepted the FCC, I could no longer request the cash refund option. The option to cancel was valid up to 48 hours before a booked cruise was scheduled to sail. I was so happy to be getting a future credit, as we were not planning on sailing anyway, that I jumped on the offer. I just wanted to pass along my experience to those folks that were on the fence about which offer to take.  

I agree that the value of the FCC will leave you digging in your wallet for thousands of extra dollars to cover the same cabin. If the cruise lines, which a majority are registered in foreign countries, are given any emergency funds from the U.S. they need to offer a cash refund to those that were affected by any cancellations. FCC be damned.  

All of Norwegian Cruise ships are registered in the Bahamas, with the exception of the Pride of America. This allows them them to bypass U.S. labor laws and taxes. 

Edited by djkolp