May 2022 - Monaco Grand Prix Cruise

JDPCruisers

7 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

Does anyone know when Azamara will open bookings for May 2022?  We are wanting to book the Monaco Grand Prix cruise.

My guess is that they have too much else going on at the moment to look at new future cruise dates, so it may be a while.

• Like 1

Appreciate you want to look two years forward but I would be extremely annoyed in the current situation if Azamara issued new itineraries.  They need to concentrate on making decisions for their summer sailings, managing the refund process effectively and looking after their onboard staff not wasting effort on marketing anything new, whether for next month or next year.  
Haworth is right register for ticket information that’s as much as you can do now.  

Edited by uktog

On 4/6/2020 at 12:42 AM, Haworth said:

Worth registering with the official ticket supplier, if you want a grandstand seat, the good ones go quickly once sales open, we did the trip 5/6 years ago, it was a bucket list event for us.

https://acm.mc/en/edition/grand-prix-de-monaco-f1-2020/

we did this cruise 7 years ago.  A bucket list item for us also.  We bought the tickets through Azamara.  The response from the cruisers was so low, they wound up reducing the price of the tickets by almost half and gave us a refund.  We had great seats and Azamara made it easy to get through the crowds to the seats for the event

1 hour ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

we did this cruise 7 years ago.  A bucket list item for us also.  We bought the tickets through Azamara.  The response from the cruisers was so low, they wound up reducing the price of the tickets by almost half and gave us a refund.  We had great seats and Azamara made it easy to get through the crowds to the seats for the event

We certainly did not have that good fortune last year.  I would not buy tickets through Azamara - the premium was 300% and the only "add on" was the guide who walked us to the grandstand, which given that we were following all the rest of the race goers wasn't really an added value, there was no way you would get lost.  As the tickets were randomly allocated to guests when we collected them, you had no control over where you were sitting, so buying direct is the way to go.

1 hour ago, uktog said:

We certainly did not have that good fortune last year.  I would not buy tickets through Azamara - the premium was 300% and the only "add on" was the guide who walked us to the grandstand, which given that we were following all the rest of the race goers wasn't really an added value, there was no way you would get lost.  As the tickets were randomly allocated to guests when we collected them, you had no control over where you were sitting, so buying direct is the way to go.

Agree, always bought them direct beforehand, that way you can choose which Grandstand and much much cheaper than AZ. 

13 hours ago, Azamarajunkie said:

Agree, always bought them direct beforehand, that way you can choose which Grandstand and much much cheaper than AZ. 

Absolutely- we only when through the cruiseline as we had obc we couldn’t use in any other way.  I suppose if you are in that situation it’s ok, the seats weren’t bad, but I would have preferred a row end but did not luck out on them in the random onboard allocation 

Edited by uktog

When we went we booked our own seats, in grandstand T complex, you are opposite the pits and can see all that action and you have a large scree to your right, if you book early the top few rows are in shade which is either a good or bad thing depending on the weather, the year we were there the Paddock Club seats were across the aisle from us.

• Like 1