Transferring FCC to another person- Possible or not?

Tex Mex

I tried searching for answers but didn't have any success.  Here is the question  If someone has Future Cruise Credit (FCC) from a cancelled trip for summer 2020 but they are no longer able to take the trip once the industry gets all settled, could someone else use their FCC?

We have an Alaskan cruise planned with both sets of parents to be their last big travel while they still had decent enough health to make the trip.  If the trip is cancelled (hasn't been cancelled yet) but based on the earlier sailings cancellation policy, we would have options for cash back or FCC. 

If we took the FCC but then one of the grandparents takes a turn and their health declines to the point they could not travel or they die, could we transfer their FCC to another person?  

Take the cash if you can

no one else gets to use your FCC. I paid for both passengers on my credit card. Each of us got half of the fare in FCC. All of the taxes,fees were returned to my credit card as well as excursions etc 

14 hours ago, Tex Mex said:

I tried searching for answers but didn't have any success.  Here is the question  If someone has Future Cruise Credit (FCC) from a cancelled trip for summer 2020 but they are no longer able to take the trip once the industry gets all settled, could someone else use their FCC?

We have an Alaskan cruise planned with both sets of parents to be their last big travel while they still had decent enough health to make the trip.  If the trip is cancelled (hasn't been cancelled yet) but based on the earlier sailings cancellation policy, we would have options for cash back or FCC. 

If we took the FCC but then one of the grandparents takes a turn and their health declines to the point they could not travel or they die, could we transfer their FCC to another person?  

I would go for the cash, especially since the FCC is definitely not transferable to anyone other than the passenger it is under.  

Not only that, but until this whole CoVid virus situation is under control, your grandparents, if over 70, may need a 'fit to travel' form from their doctor.  Princess has made no formal announcement on this form, but it what an agreement CLIA made back in March and Princess does belong to CLIA ... so it may be a requirement for them as well.  Definitely go for the cash. 

• Like 1

I tried to transfer my husband's FCC to my sister after he had a heart attack and could not take a trip.....Princess does not allow transfer but they were happy to issue a credit for his FCC that he could not use.

17 minutes ago, eclue said:

I tried to transfer my husband's FCC to my sister after he had a heart attack and could not take a trip.....Princess does not allow transfer but they were happy to issue a credit for his FCC that he could not use.

So Princess took your husband's FCC and renamed it as sister's FCC?

My parents had FCC due to having to cancel a cruise about 5 years ago as my mom's cancer and prognosis  won't let her travel anymore. After she died, Princess let the FCC transfer to  my dad but he had to prove her death and because they booked in a room together and both had received FCC for the missed cruise. Our TA and dad worked on trying to get Princess to transfer to one of us that is when they finally let my dad have FCC. So on the next cruise he booked himself a mini suite to use up as much of the FCC as possible. He still "lost" some of the money as it could only be used for cruise fare.

On 4/5/2020 at 7:59 PM, Tex Mex said:

Everything I have seen says that the FCC in non-transferrable. But, I remember seeing somewhere that if it can't be used before the expiration date, it can/will be converted to a refund.

1 minute ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

Everything I have seen says that the FCC in non-transferrable. But, I remember seeing somewhere that if it can't be used before the expiration date, it can/will be converted to a refund.

This is correct if you are referring to the FCC attached to having purchased a Future Cruise Deposit.

But any FCC that is due to Princess refunding part or all of a cancelled cruise is not refundable. Must use it or lose it (except for the post above after someone had passed away).

The basic problem is that if person A pays the cruise fare for persons A, B, C and D and Princess cancels the cruise, the FCC is in the individual names of persons A, B, C and D even though person A paid for all four people.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

But any FCC that is due to Princess refunding part or all of a cancelled cruise is not refundable. Must use it or lose it (except for the post above after someone had passed away).

The basic problem is that if person A pays the cruise fare for persons A, B, C and D and Princess cancels the cruise, the FCC is in the individual names of persons A, B, C and D even though person A paid for all four people.

Yes, I did see that bit about credits going to the individual passengers, rather than to the one who paid.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Person B, C and D should be HONEST and really, really close friends or family.

I read on post (last year?) that said Person A paid for the cruise/excursion - it was cancelled. Person B got the refund and refused to pay back Person A. OUCH!! There went a relationship.

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Person B, C and D should be HONEST and really, really close friends or family.

I read on post (last year?) that said Person A paid for the cruise/excursion - it was cancelled. Person B got the refund and refused to pay back Person A. OUCH!! There went a relationship.

It is different when it is a cash refund. But if the refund is in the form of an FCC, then persons B, C and D are the only ones that can use the funds. No way to give them back to person A.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:50 PM, caribill said:

It is different when it is a cash refund. But if the refund is in the form of an FCC, then persons B, C and D are the only ones that can use the funds. No way to give them back to person A.

About the only way would be to book a room with person A and use their own FCC plus paying for person A with credit card.

I have a ‘slightly’ different question in regards to our FCC, hope someone can shed some light for me. 

Hubby & I have a sizeable amount of FCC (from our cancelled 1st March cruise) attached to our next cruise (7th July) Sydney to Perth, which I cannot see happening. If I cancel, before Princess does, can I ask for our FCC be moved to our Pacific Princess sailing for April 2021? The expiry date is 28th Feb 2021, would they extend the date for us? I’m yet to contact Princess & ask, just thought someone may be able to shed some light for me.

Wishing all a peaceful & safe Easter. #stayathome.

Vicki. 😊

1 hour ago, Busy Mum said:

I have a ‘slightly’ different question in regards to our FCC, hope someone can shed some light for me. 

Hubby & I have a sizeable amount of FCC (from our cancelled 1st March cruise) attached to our next cruise (7th July) Sydney to Perth, which I cannot see happening. If I cancel, before Princess does, can I ask for our FCC be moved to our Pacific Princess sailing for April 2021? The expiry date is 28th Feb 2021, would they extend the date for us? I’m yet to contact Princess & ask, just thought someone may be able to shed some light for me.

Wishing all a peaceful & safe Easter. #stayathome.

Vicki. 😊

If Princess cancels the cruise you used your FCCs on, yes, they will allow you to move that to a different cruise. 

This is from the FAQ section on the Princess website:

1. Will I lose my FCC if I cancel my new booking? Or can I still use it on another booking in 2021?
    No, you will not lose your FCC. The FCC remains attached to your profile and standard policies apply.

2. What if there is an FCC on my current booking that is being cancelled. Will it be credited?
    Yes, it will be credited back. In this instance, the old FCC is separate from the cancellation fee. In the event the original FCC is expired, it will be reissued with a December 31, 2021 expiration date.

44 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

If Princess cancels the cruise you used your FCCs on, yes, they will allow you to move that to a different cruise. 

This is from the FAQ section on the Princess website:

1. Will I lose my FCC if I cancel my new booking? Or can I still use it on another booking in 2021?
    No, you will not lose your FCC. The FCC remains attached to your profile and standard policies apply.

2. What if there is an FCC on my current booking that is being cancelled. Will it be credited?
    Yes, it will be credited back. In this instance, the old FCC is separate from the cancellation fee. In the event the original FCC is expired, it will be reissued with a December 31, 2021 expiration date.

Thank you very much Cruise Raider. Not sure why I didn’t think to look at the Princess website FAQ! 🤷‍♀️ Thanks again! 😀