Missing June 2020 dates.

Cich10

Now all June cruises thru June 18/19 are gone. Saw a few short cruises, one mentioned above, but it is gone. I assume Carnival did this because they wanted to stop people booking in May/June and receiving the OBC for $600 and or they will soon be announcing the cancellation of all cruises thru the dates above. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Coopdog08 said:

Now all June cruises thru June 18/19 are gone. Saw a few short cruises, one mentioned above, but it is gone. I assume Carnival did this because they wanted to stop people booking in May/June and receiving the OBC for $600 and or they will soon be announcing the cancellation of all cruises thru the dates above. 

I see one 3-day on the imagination on June 4th. I'd imagine that will be gone soon since all of the others are. Hopefully just a pause in bookings and not more cancellations.

Are they overwhelmed with getting refunds/FCC back to pax.Probably still dealing with March/April with May looming.

Either that or they know more than they are saying right now.

Getting the ships ready to sail (crew/provisions and more cleaning) isn't a small task.

Many crew have gone home to their mainlands. 

I've seen it reported that it could be 4-6 weeks after the ALL CLEAR.

39 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Are they overwhelmed with getting refunds/FCC back to pax.Probably still dealing with March/April with May looming.

Either that or they know more than they are saying right now.

Getting the ships ready to sail (crew/provisions and more cleaning) isn't a small task.

Many crew have gone home to their mainlands. 

I've seen it reported that it could be 4-6 weeks after the ALL CLEAR.

I would agree that it is no small task to start again.  They also have a to have a place to cruise to.  It will be interesting to see how it will work when they begin.  

• Like 1

I have a cruise booked for June 22 on the Fantasy, it has disappeared but last night I submitted a price reduction request and it was approved so I assumed it has not been cancelled yet but as others mention Carnival cannot restart all cruise at once. Hopefully, they will find enough crew and supplies to get a few ships sailing soon but it still could be next year before most of ships are sailing. Although, I believe that they will have to phase out some ships since it is doubtful they will be able to fill all their ships. Overall the Carnival corporation has over 100 ships. Princess and Holland American may have the toughest since their clientele tend to be older. In the long run Carnival may have to sell off  not only ships but some of their brands.

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

I would agree that it is no small task to start again.  They also have a to have a place to cruise to.  It will be interesting to see how it will work when they begin.  

There are just so many variables involved to put out a "hard" date out there. All states are on a different time line as to projected peaking. 

And just because its "peaked" doesn't mean the Virus has gone away. 

Here in Ohio we are projected to peak mid May , so I think our stay at home will be extended through May. 

Suppose to go to Fla. end of June, do I want to fly-Nope not yet. I have until the end of April to cancel hotel ( had a pre-pay rate) with no penalty.

34 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

There are just so many variables involved to put out a "hard" date out there. All states are on a different time line as to projected peaking. 

And just because its "peaked" doesn't mean the Virus has gone away. 

Here in Ohio we are projected to peak mid May , so I think our stay at home will be extended through May. 

Suppose to go to Fla. end of June, do I want to fly-Nope not yet. I have until the end of April to cancel hotel ( had a pre-pay rate) with no penalty.

We are in Florida and talked to others that flew out this past week.  6 people on the plane😯, airport almost empty like post 9/11.  You are correct, it will be a while yet, nice to see it headed in the right direction.  Florida is supposed to be peaking NOW.

Edited by jimbo5544

11 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

We are in Florida and talked to others that flew out this past week.  6 people on the plane😯, airport almost empty like post 9/11.  You are correct, it will be a while yet, nice to see it headed in the right direction.  Florida is supposed to be peaking NOW.

Suppose to attend a dance competition in Orlando , just in holding pattern to see if it’s cancelled.

Would be shocked if it isn’t cancelled due to the amount of people attending .

LOL I’m a “planner” so the uncertainty is wearing on me.

2 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Suppose to attend a dance competition in Orlando , just in holding pattern to see if it’s cancelled.

Would be shocked if it isn’t cancelled due to the amount of people attending .

LOL I’m a “planner” so the uncertainty is wearing on me.

As you prob know, Orlando and all the parks are still closed with no expected open dates as of yet.  We will see wen that changes.  Stay safe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andie1969 said:

I just logged on the check the price of my June 12 cruise on the Liberty out of PC. It's no longer showing as a viable booking option, but it isn't cancelled on my profile yet. 

all galveston sailings gone until end of June 

6 minutes ago, UrbishN said:

all galveston sailings gone until end of June 

Yep, looks like the first cruises you can book out of Galveston are June 27 and 28. I rescheduled my cancelled April cruise on the Vista to July 25th but moved it again last week to March 27, 2021. This validates my decision and I am happy it is taken care of.

I am disappointed we have to wait another year but no way I want to risk another cancellation or be on one of the first sailings after the return. At the moment Californians are required to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Texas. 

That’s way too many variables for me but I have no doubt Carnival will survive and the Vista will be sailing long before March. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sugar67 said:

or are all the June cruises gone because people are hedging their bets and booking those cruises, hoping they will be cancelled and they will receive the OBC offers?

i don't believe you are eligible for the obc unless you booked before this craziness started. I think that would be before March.

3 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

Yep, looks like the first cruises you can book out of Galveston are June 27 and 28. I rescheduled my cancelled April cruise on the Vista to July 25th but moved it again last week to March 27, 2021. This validates my decision and I am happy it is taken care of.

I am disappointed we have to wait another year but no way I want to risk another cancellation or be on one of the first sailings after the return. At the moment Californians are required to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Texas. 

That’s way too many variables for me but I have no doubt Carnival will survive and the Vista will be sailing long before March. 

Mine is June 6 on the Freedom. Have a back up booked with minimal deposit for next May 2021 on the Radiance out of Galveston. Hate to wait also.  Now I'm praying  they finish her redo by then..

2 hours ago, UrbishN said:

i don't believe you are eligible for the obc unless you booked before this craziness started. I think that would be before March.

This isn't true, every cancellation they have done yet has not had any stipulation like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lizord said:

This isn't true, every cancellation they have done yet has not had any stipulation like that.

Wow..thought i read that on another board. There should be a restriction on that anyways...