ROTTERDAM SCHEDULED FOR DEPARTURE FROM PORT EVERGLADES MON 06 APR 2020

Copper10-8

13 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Very quiet.  Streets mostly deserted.  We live in a rural area and the silence is deafening!  No jet stream above us either.   An Post is still running.  We get a delivery most days.  

If you ever want an Irish stamp let me know. You have my email.

You have mail!😀

4 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Do we know if she still has passengers aboard?

That's unknown; the original plan was to have sick pax who did not need immediate ICU treatment, to stay onboard to include when she would leave Port Everglades. It is always possible that any pax that fit that category would have had the chance to improve/recover in the almost five days she was alongside

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, happy2cruise2016 said:

It was just posted on the Holland Facebook page by Seth Holland that all passengers are off the Zaandam and only a few are left on Rotterdam.

That is wonderful to hear.  And the few passengers left on the Rotterdam may be the reason for her later departure.

20 minutes ago, happy2cruise2016 said:

It was just posted on the Holland Facebook page by Seth Holland that all passengers are off the Zaandam and only a few are left on Rotterdam.

That is good to hear!!!

16 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Great news, thanks! Zaandam northbound at 16.6 kts towards West Palm Beach, passing RCI's Symphony Of The Seas

Please excuse my lack of nautical knowledge, but is the ship going northeast to Freeport?  Cherie

6 minutes ago, cccole said:

Please excuse my lack of nautical knowledge, but is the ship going northeast to Freeport?  Cherie

If you look at this AIS map, you'll see Zaandam on the far left (blue ship-looking thingy, put your cursor on it and you'll see her name) heading due north towards West Palm Beach (she's not going there, just heading in the general direction off-shore). You can also see Freeport due east. So, at this time, she's heading away from Freeport

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-79.3/centery:26.7/zoom:10

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Does that now indicate where she is headed?

Nope, we don't know where she's headed at this time; Definitely moving away from the anchorages were a lot of the cruise ships are "parked"

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

If you look at this AIS map, you'll see Zaandam on the far left (blue ship-looking thingy, put your cursor on it and you'll see her name) heading due north towards West Palm Beach (she's not going there, just heading in the general direction off-shore). You can also see Freeport due east. So, at this time, she's heading away from Freeport

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-79.3/centery:26.7/zoom:10

That's awesome, thanks.  Looks like the ship is just having a nice "sea day."  I know that it not true and it must be stressful for all of the crew.  It will be interesting to follow her path.  Thanks again, Cherie

30 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Nope, we don't know where she's headed at this time; Definitely moving away from the anchorages were a lot of the cruise ships are "parked"

Thank you for the information.

9 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Zaandam's AIS destination now changed to "Florida Straits" however, if she's progressing on her current course, she's heading away from them

I have been in so many of the ports along the eastern coast from Charleston to Miami that I can imagine many that would be good places to hang out until this is over.  Would Cape Canaveral be an option?  No need to reply any time soon.  I am enjoying taking breaks from sewing masks for a local hospital and watching her progress.  Cherie 

Edited by cccole

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Zaandam has made a 180 and is now retracing her track southbound. I personally think she's hunting for North Korean submarines off Florida's east coast 🤓

I don't know about North Korean submarines, but my father flew submarine patrol (radio operator) out of FL during WWII. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I don't know about North Korean submarines, but my father flew submarine patrol (radio operator) out of FL during WWII. 

Looking for German U-boats, no doubt, and part of the greatest generation!

• Like 1