APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?

edl868

June 19 Legend cruise to Norway fjords from Dover, England - just received excursion, steakhouse & water refunds to my CC.  Balance of cruise fare will be mailed in the form of gift cards since I used AARP discount travel cards to pay cruise fare.

Carnival cancelled our 4/10 Spirit cruise on 3/20.  It still showed up in my cruise planner online until the day of the cruise.  Since I could still access it, I cancelled the shore tours and internet package on 3/25.  I requested a refund for the cruise on 4/3.  I received a credit back on our cc for the shore tours on 5/8 - it showed a transaction date of 3/26.  That's the only refund we've received so far but at least it's something.  🙂 

My cruise was canceled mid March for mid April sail date. I got back everything owed to me on my Carnival cc this past week. 🙂 Now I’m waiting for Barclays to return the credit to me. It went well as did my American Airlines canceled flight/refund. 🙂

8 hours ago, maynovmom said:

My cruise was canceled mid March for mid April sail date. I got back everything owed to me on my Carnival cc this past week. 🙂 Now I’m waiting for Barclays to return the credit to me. It went well as did my American Airlines canceled flight/refund. 🙂

8 hours ago, maynovmom said:

I love my Barclays MC! They even refunded me ALL the reward points I had redeemed toward bar credits for my B2B—30, 000 points ($350 bar credits). I do not intend to redeem these points again until we are closer to cruise date and I know it’s a definite go ahead. But as I have $1200 OBC for that cruise already from 2 cancelled cruises, I may hang on the rewards and earn more before redeeming on my January 2022 B2B cruise on the Mardi Gras. 

Yes, they are processing refunds! Got refund for April 18 cruise for the cash portion on credit card May 7. So ...Yes they are processing refunds. Had $977 refunded to credit card and $1188 FCC... Taxes ad Port charges refunded separately on different card. also the refund for water ordered. 

• Has anyone with cruises originally scheduled for May got a refund back to any credit card? If yes - what was your cruise date?
  • Has anyone with cruises originally scheduled for June got a refund back to any credit card? If yes - what was your cruise date?

Figured for reference and comparison, here’s my situation with Royal Caribbean...

Cruise was Allure of the Seas in Nov 2020 on a transatlantic itinerary from Spain. Air was purchased through Royal Air2Sea and both air/cruise were flexible and fully refundable through Aug 1. Everything was quoted a 30-45 day “at the latest” cancellation period. Everything was cancelled on April 10.

As a preference, I requested to move all payments to a different future booking to avoid the wait for a refund especially as I’d just apply the refund fo the other booking anyway. No problem with the cruise but airfare was ticketed so only a refund could be provided with that. No big deal... figured it’ll come and wasn’t too worried.

A few weeks ago, the air was no longer ticketed and the record locator with American was removed from my AAdvantage Account and I’m assuming Royal was given a refund from the airline. Since I was on the phone with them anyway today, I decided to follow up and see if there was any additional information and was advised due to extended delays, it would be an additional 60 days from the original 45 days. After escalating, I was told it would actually be an additional 45 days on top of the original 45 days. This is no longer a reasonable estimated wait time based on my standards and truly the original 30-45 was barely acceptable.

After being disconnected shortly after and then being disconnected again after a long wait time, I figured it’s best to allow my financial institution to reach out to Royal Caribbean. American Express was contacted, given all the pertinent information and they initiated a chargeback. Amex will be working with the merchant to reach a resolution on my behalf.

I requested my refund on March 5 and still nothing.  Carnival owes me around $2500.  I am putting off any other vacation till I get this refund. I am seeing ppl that requested refund after me getting their refund, so I am hopeful mine is coming soon.  Still doesn't calm my nerves though.  Fingers crossed I will get mine this week. I know I am in same shoes as a lot of ppl here, but thanks for letting me vent.....again!! 

Cruise was supposed to sail April 11th. Cancelled through TA on Mar 30th. No refunds as of yet. Based on being told to wait 60-90 days, we're looking at late June but I'm optimistic based on earlier posts we may see something sooner. But I believe if we do, it'll be luck and not because of any logical systematic approach from Carnival

32 minutes ago, webzila said:
  • Has anyone with cruises originally scheduled for May got a refund back to any credit card? If yes - what was your cruise date?
  • Has anyone with cruises originally scheduled for June got a refund back to any credit card? If yes - what was your cruise date?

sail date: May 25

refund requested: March 23

refund received May 8

HTH

• Like 1

Just now, desert_Noelle said:

sail date: May 25

refund requested: March 23

refund received May 8

HTH

Thanks for the info! My cruise date was Jun 9 so not too far from yours. That gives me hope - maybe another week 🙂

6 hours ago, webzila said:

Thanks for the info! My cruise date was Jun 9 so not too far from yours. That gives me hope - maybe another week 🙂

Unfortunately there's no rhyme or reason.  Mine was scheduled March 14, I notified them March 10 we could not travel because of direct exposure and requested a refund.  They cancelled the sailing March 13th.  I'm still waiting on refund and everyone else in my big school group travel group has theirs.  It's completely random.  

Edited by epjenk

Got our gift card refunds today by FedEx for our cancelled shore excursions that was canceled by carnival for our April 25th 2020 cruise.  Our cruise credit we already had all of it applied to our rebooked cruise the day after Carnival announced on March 30th the extended pause in cruising.  We did not get our refund for the WiFi package yet though and we paid for that with a carnival gift card also.  Don’t know if those orders get processed differently or by a different department?  And still waiting for our credit for faster to the fun to be applied to our credit card also.

We received the bulk of our refund today for our March 21Breeze Cruise. Our sequence of events:

Week before 3/12: Starting to feel uneasy, I called Carnival and cancelled our drink packages, internet package and FTTF just to be sure I got the money back for those. This was before mass cancellations and I easily had that $1000+ refund within a week.

3/12: Requested refund for cancelled cruise ($3901 due back), and was clearly told we would have refund within 30 days (this was prior to them starting to tell people 90 days).

4/16: Concerned about reports on here that nobody was receiving refunds (and zero info/updates from Carnival), I called Amex to inquire about when it may be too late to file a future dispute, honestly explaining the refund was promised but late in coming & I was getting concerned. Amex answered the call right away (no extended hold), actually encouraged me to just dispute it right away, so I answered 3 questions and they immediately gave me the $850 that I had paid with AMEX. At that point I really wished I had put the whole purchase on AMEX.

4/17: Went ahead and disputed the rest with Barclays Carnival Mastercard since Amex was so easy. Night and day from Amex as far as service/process-impossible to get an agent on the phone and dispute process involves filling out online form and then sending faxes with receipts-intentionally cumbersome process.

4/30: Received refund of taxes/fees to Carnival MasterCard 

5/12: Received majority of refund to Carnival MasterCard 

Still outstanding: $350 I paid on a Wells Fargo CC, but I know different cards process at different speeds. I’m sure if they refunded everything else that will be coming any day now.

I’m grateful to have the money back. This has been a tough experience for all travel companies, no doubt. If Carnival had been a little more communicative about their plans/refund process, I never would have disputed the charges and stayed patient, but the lack of communication, coupled with AMEX’s great service, made me choose that route. I honestly doubt the dispute helped resolve this faster, except it did put that AMEX portion back in my pocket quicker. And it reaffirmed to me AMEX is by far the best in terms of customer service and protection. 

I hope seeing another other report of a successful refund on here gives the rest of you faith that the refunds are indeed coming....

Received $5000+ in gift cards today via FedEx.  Pleasantly surprised that I received the refund so quickly.  I originally formally cancelled/requested refunds on April 8 for two different cruises, so the whole process only took about 35 days or so.

Garnett

2 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Received $5000+ in gift cards today via FedEx.  Pleasantly surprised that I received the refund so quickly.  I originally formally cancelled/requested refunds on April 8 for two different cruises, so the whole process only took about 35 days or so.

Garnett

Now I really know there's no rhyme or reason to this. I canceled my 4/25 cruise on 4/1 and have yet to get a cent. Unless the process to refund via gift card is quicker. 

Glad you got your refund. 

Edited by mommy2tati

I cancelled a January 2021 cruise mid April. About a week ago got back $225 I had paid and just received $1000 in gift cards today 5/12.  

Now to see if Holland America does the refund on cancellation around the same time. 

Good to see they are starting to trickle in.

1 hour ago, Gatordad815 said:

We received the bulk of our refund today for our March 21Breeze Cruise. Our sequence of events:

Week before 3/12: Starting to feel uneasy, I called Carnival and cancelled our drink packages, internet package and FTTF just to be sure I got the money back for those. This was before mass cancellations and I easily had that $1000+ refund within a week.

3/12: Requested refund for cancelled cruise ($3901 due back), and was clearly told we would have refund within 30 days (this was prior to them starting to tell people 90 days).

4/16: Concerned about reports on here that nobody was receiving refunds (and zero info/updates from Carnival), I called Amex to inquire about when it may be too late to file a future dispute, honestly explaining the refund was promised but late in coming & I was getting concerned. Amex answered the call right away (no extended hold), actually encouraged me to just dispute it right away, so I answered 3 questions and they immediately gave me the $850 that I had paid with AMEX. At that point I really wished I had put the whole purchase on AMEX.

4/17: Went ahead and disputed the rest with Barclays Carnival Mastercard since Amex was so easy. Night and day from Amex as far as service/process-impossible to get an agent on the phone and dispute process involves filling out online form and then sending faxes with receipts-intentionally cumbersome process.

4/30: Received refund of taxes/fees to Carnival MasterCard 

5/12: Received majority of refund to Carnival MasterCard 

Still outstanding: $350 I paid on a Wells Fargo CC, but I know different cards process at different speeds. I’m sure if they refunded everything else that will be coming any day now.

I’m grateful to have the money back. This has been a tough experience for all travel companies, no doubt. If Carnival had been a little more communicative about their plans/refund process, I never would have disputed the charges and stayed patient, but the lack of communication, coupled with AMEX’s great service, made me choose that route. I honestly doubt the dispute helped resolve this faster, except it did put that AMEX portion back in my pocket quicker. And it reaffirmed to me AMEX is by far the best in terms of customer service and protection. 

I hope seeing another other report of a successful refund on here gives the rest of you faith that the refunds are indeed coming....

Don’t Live Life Without It. Membership has its benefits.

Well I am almost in SHOCK. I last talked with my PVP about 3 weeks ago, and did not expect anything for about 90 days. When I looked at my Mastercard credit card to see "if??" anything had happened, low and behold at least, out of the 4 booked rooms, 3 have been put back on my credit card!  As you can guess, I'm a happy camper! 🙂

May 11  cruise was cancelled on March 30 , rebooked same day with a better deal, $325 OBC and a refund for $441.90 , which showed up on card today.      So it does look they are definitely going in order.   

Carnival Cruise Tickets −$441.90