Where should you be today?

VMax1700

I have noticed on a few threads that posters are mentioning where they had planned to be on their cruise, so I thought I would start a thread where we can post where we should have been and what we planned doing.  Just for fun and to hopefully keep spirits up!

So where were you scheduled to be today?..........and did you have any tours planned?............ 

• Like 1

I would be on the Amsterdam, on the 2020 GWV. Today is a sea day, and we’re half way between the Seychelles and Mombasa, Kenya where the ship stays overnight. 
I would be carefully packing my safari gear and checking my camera batteries, getting ready to head off on an overnight safari to a lodge at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro. For the eighth time, I’d be checking with the other couple going with us to see if we dress in the evening, or if casual wear is fine for the whole thing. I would also be on day one of my malaria medication, and making sure the insect repellent was packed.

In an alternate universe, I’m about to have the experience of a lifetime. Thanks for asking!

• Like 1

We would of completed our Rotterdam Panama Canal cruise 3-11-3-27 and would of been on the Oceania Riviera right now out of Miami doing our TA to Rome (3/41-4-15!!)

We just got our Cancellation from our Hotel in Rome this AM😥, and United yesterday We received our FF miles back on our card for our trip back home from Paris For May 9th!

Denise😞

• Like 1

Not cruising the ocean until planned July trip to Alaska which has been cancelled by us.  However, the road trip planned for this spring would have had us somewhere in New Mexico or Arizona with our RV headed for northern California to see the grandchildren; then a further trip on to Portland and Seattle to see relatives, and on to Vancouver B.C. before turning east into Alberta, and then south  wandering through Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, etc. towards home.

Should be second sea day on Nieuw Amsterdam from Ft. Lauderdale to Western Med ending in Barcelona on the 28th. 

It would be about lunch time followed by classic cruise dilemma "is sitting on deck with a drink and a book doing something or doing nothing."  Hope you get to do that trip another year Horizon Chaser.  I would love to be at the wonderful game lodge again in South Africa.   Best of luck to everyone. 

• Like 1

We would have disembarked the Nieuw Amsterdam on April 4th, after a quick 7 day Caribbean cruise. We booked it because it was a HAL ship we hadn't been on before and we were going to be in Florida, so, why not? HAL even gave me an excellent rate, one I'm afraid I won't see for a while. 

Today we would be sitting in my daughter's apartment, waiting for her to get off work.  We would stay a few more days until we check into a condo on Friday, for a month long stay. These next few weeks are going to be very hard for us. 

• Like 1

Today April 6th we should be boarding the Rotterdam in Ft Lauderdale ( I know she is waiting for us there now !  ) and go across the Atlantic Ocean to Rotterdam in the Netherlands .

We had a lot of great tours lined up for this cruise . Once we hit the Azores we would be meeting Rui a wonderful person and our guide for the fourth time , we than would be going to Cobh , Ireland where our guide Denis would be waiting for us to go together with our friends Ann and Pat to see some historical places and look up some family history to where Patrick grew up . After Cobh and after visiting another Irish and an English port I was really looking forward to go on land in Le Havre , France and visit Monet's gardens and museum after which we would tour Richard the Lionhearts Chateau and Joan of Arc's city of Rouen .  After Le Havre it would have been very nice to revisit the gorgeous town of Brugge again and than enter the North Sea to steam up to Rotterdam .

After disembarkation we would walk past the New York Hotel the former headquarters of Holland - Amerika and board the SS Rotterdam where we would stay for a night and make a tour on this gorgeous ship with a lot of history. This has been on my bucketlist for a long ,long time ever since I was a teenager and witnessed  "our " queen Juliana in 1958 bless the SS Rotterdam and send her into the New Waterway between Rotterdam and Hook of Holland where she was built..............................

So yes this was to be another cruise where we were really looking forward to and besides the sights the nice days at sea meet up again with good friends and a fantastic crew on the Rotterdam she still is the "Flagship " of the fleet . 

Last and not least we were looking forward to hear the fantastic presentations that Captain Albert  gives who was scheduled to be with us to go to his and my native land.........................................

I will think about this for the next three weeks !!! 

Tony :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

We were supposed to be boarding the Rotterdam for her transAtlantic trip to the Azores, Ireland, England, France, Belgium, and Rotterdam.  The Rotterdam is in PEV, but I am sitting in my home office instead.  

Edited by 2inSETexas
  • Like 1

DH and I should be on the Veendam on an At Sea day (April 1-8). Alas, we have been sheltered-in-place at home in Florida for a month. At least we got to sail on Koningsdam in January and the Veendam in February and on the Carnival Liberty in early March. Hope we get to sail on the Veendam again in Dec. after she moves to Tampa.

2 hours ago, 2inSETexas said:

We were supposed to be boarding the Rotterdam for her transAtlantic trip to the Azores, Ireland, England, France, Belgium, and Rotterdam.  The Rotterdam is in PEV, but I am sitting in my home office instead.  

2 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Today April 6th we should be boarding the Rotterdam in Ft Lauderdale ( I know she is waiting for us there now !  ) and go across the Atlantic Ocean to Rotterdam in the Netherlands .

So yes this was to be another cruise where we were really looking forward to and besides the sights the nice days at sea meet up again with good friends and a fantastic crew on the Rotterdam she still is the "Flagship " of the fleet . 

Last and not least we were looking forward to hear the fantastic presentations that Captain Albert  gives who was scheduled to be with us to go to his and my native land.........................................

I will think about this for the next three weeks !!! 

We were also to board Rotterdam today.  This really hit me yesterday morning when instead of flying Southwest to FLL we were doing "Palm Sunday" via cyber-church.  Been planning this one for nine months.  Had 13 weeks of trips planned this year.  Will any of them happen?

• Like 1

Our entire family would be enjoying a sea day on RCCL Adventure of the Seas, a trip we had planned for a year.  At least we have received a full refund from Delta for our air tickets and are awaiting a promised refund from RCCL.

Wife and I also did a 22 night cruise on Zaandam in January and hope all of the wonderful crew are going to be okay after their recent ordeal.  If it does turn out that it was our last cruise, it was an amazing one.

I would be packing for our TA on the Nieu Statendam  to Amsterdam on 4/19.  In Amsterdam, we had tickets to Keukenoff Gardens to see the Tulips ( something I have wanted to do for a very long time) Then off to Norway for a week followed by  a 14 day thru the Baltics. Arriving home on 5/25.

Had booked this a year ago. In all my thoughts of what could change our plans, this  was not one of them.

Today, I bought tulips at Publix and dream.....

17 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

I would be packing for our TA on the Nieu Statendam  to Amsterdam on 4/19.  In Amsterdam, we had tickets to Keukenoff Gardens to see the Tulips ( something I have wanted to do for a very long time) Then off to Norway for a week followed by  a 14 day thru the Baltics. Arriving home on 5/25.

Had booked this a year ago. In all my thoughts of what could change our plans, this  was not one of them.

Today, I bought tulips at Publix and dream.....

The Keukenhof Gardens have also been closed for the rest of this year as are a lot of other things . But they have set up a  "virtual vist " where you can admire all of the tulips , daffodils and hyacinths on line . That might bring a ray of sunshine in your life ! :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KarefreeKaren said:

Today, April 6th, I would be enjoying a sea day and my 70th birthday onboard the Koningsdam sailing from Buenos Aires enroute to Punta Arenas....missing that good ole Vitamin Sea so much! 

We would have been celebrating a birthday with you on the Konignsdam today, too!

Yet another bummer about our cancelled cruise:(