Who's your favorite crew member(s)?

Do you have a favorite Royal Caribbean crew member? Someone you'd want to hear from or send a message of hope to? Do you have a favorite crew member memory you'd like to share? We'd love to hear your stories!

My favorite was a bartender named Yasna from Argentina. She was on Navigator and this was over 7 years ago so I doubt she’s still on the ship.  She told us stories on what the crew does when they leave the guests areas.  She also told us that when you’re working so close with other crew members and being far away from your significant others, it was tempting and easy to find a temporary “buddy” for the entire contract.  Her stories were entertaining but also a learning point on the behaviors and attitudes of crew members.  

We saw her everyday for the entire cruise and on the last day, we gave her a huge cash tip and a hug. 

• Like 1

I don't really have one. But I'll use my SIL's favorite for a fun story. 

The crew member was from Brazil and worked the climbing wall on the Liberty several years back. I think his name was Carlos. Anyway, my SIL has zero interest in the climbing wall before the cruise started, but as soon as she met Carlos, she was hooked. Every day she was out there on the wall, sometime twice a day. Must have been his encouraging spirit 🙂

• Haha 1

Allure of the Seas transatlantic 5 years ago.  His name was HU. He said just call me who, like who's on first. We walked into a fully packed Diamond lounge on our first night  and turned to walk out. Server came up to us and said follow me upstairs and he had a table along the railing for us. Most attentive server we had ever encountered.  Saw him several times a day for 12 days. Always stoped to talk for a few minutes whether out by the pool, in the Windjammer or every night in the DL  Always keep a eye out for him on every cruise but have never seen him again.  I am sure he still goes by Who's on First. 

• Like 2

My favourite was Nino - he worked in the Schooner Bar on the Independence in May 2017 and then was in the Champagne Bar in October of the same year. He makes the best strawberry daiquiris and always made sure we were well looked after 😊😊 

• Like 1

There is legend of a man that sails on the Harmony of the Seas. On said ship he works the place they call Wonderland.

His name is echoed in the halls of 12th floor. He is a man with vision, a man with style. A man who will give you a smile as quick as a recommendation on what you should eat.

He is not a simple man, but a man who knows many-a-thing. Some call him: Hero or Guru.

I simply call him, Elton.

• Like 2

We love Grace, Waitress from Serenade of the Seas.    This past January she was working in Giovanni's and her husband Diego was working in Chops.    They both go above and beyond and she is so sweet.     her and her husband's contract was ending in March (I think) and they were going to go back home to Brazil for a couple of months then see about new contract on Freedom of the Seas.     I wish I had her email address or a way to reach out to find out if her and her husband are okay.

Also, Sanya (spelling?) from Nicaragua and works as a Stateroom Attendant on the Serenade of the Seas.    I hope she is okay too.   We were on serenade for a month last january and the day she became a grandmother for the first time was so exciting.     She loved showing us pictures and telling stories about the new baby girl.     When we returned to the Serenade this past January I was able to track her down on the 9th floor and brought her some treats (bottle of wine and some candy).

There are lots of other crew that we love and hope to see again someday soon but these 2 are my favorites.

Stay Well!

• Like 1

Maria Hernandez, was a bartender in Boleros on Anthem.  We hit it off from day one and saw her on two more cruises after that, where We hugged like long lost friends.  Only problem now is her email is lost.  Maria,if you are out there, I  miss you.

Marietta

• Like 1

Best serving team ever Hannielyn and Melvin Freedom dining room. Just love them so much personality . Mohammad in the Windjammer Adventure.  Had the pleasure of sailing 3 times with him and he'd always bring a smile to my face  when I'd see him he'd say , hi gorgeous and stop by to chat for a minute or two.  Also Arina from the Adventure Windjammer beautiful girl who the first time we were on made the omelettes in the morning , always a kind word and remembered every morning what I ordered. She was  promoted by the time I returned but she still remember me, would stop by and chat and give a hug.   Not sure if either one is still there.  I was going on the Adventure April 19th thought maybe i'd see them but oh well maybe some other time.

• Like 1

During a January 2019 sailing on Liberty we had a server named Amine, from Tunisia.  He was awesome.  I usually just want to get in and out of the MDR as I don't like trying to keep our (at the time) 3 year old daughter under control and not annoying everyone else.  He was great with her - She'll sit and not eat, Amine noticed this and would come over and cut up her chicken strips and feed them to her in a fun way, which allowed my wife and I the time to enjoy our own dinners.  He also created all sorts of different dessert concoctions for her, a new one each night.  He knew our favorite dishes and was very prompt.  We were on My Family Time dining so we weren't set up for a specific table, but we went in at the same time each night and requested to be sat in his area, and they took care of us.

I tried to find him during our March 2020 sailing on LOS, but to no avail.  I was somewhat disappointed.

Edited by Inconspicuous
  • Like 1

Our servers on Oasis last summer were beyond excellent. Jino and Amarendra. Even though we were on MTD, no matter what time we arrived, our table was waiting for us. Those two spoiled us immensely.  I haven't had that attentive of service in some of the 5* restaurants we have visited on land. The first night, Amarendra brought us out an amazing curry from the Indian line while we perused our menus. When he found out we loved Indian food, from that moment forward,  he loaded our table with different dishes to try.

Those two were the best. I know Jino was moving to Symphony, but Amarendra was coming back to Oasis after Christmas at home. I hope he is still there when we cruise Oasis again.

• Like 1