Hyatt Centric Las Olas

BlueHerons

11 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Three miles or so.  It's a hike.

Btw that's too far of a "hike". It's back to the W😉. Thanks for the info.

Stayed at the Sheraton that's right on the beach Thanksgiving week of 2013. That place is great, rooms are cool, lobby is awesome and VERY nostalgic. There's a Mexican restaurant in there as well it's nice. Bar service on the beach cannot be beat. Starbucks also. Really fun stay. It's a little further walk up to Las Olas than you think, but it's nice down there. AWESOME BIG beach with a huge volleyball set-up even though I don't know how to play volleyball. Night night.

10 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Stayed at the Sheraton that's right on the beach Thanksgiving week of 2013. That place is great, rooms are cool, lobby is awesome and VERY nostalgic.

Just in case you or any other reader wants to book that hotel, Sheraton sold the Yankee Clipper/Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel (the one right on the beach I think you are describing) in 2014.  It is now B Ocean.  https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/iconic-yankee-clipper-hotel-being-reflagged-as-b-ocean-resort-fort-lauderdale-7133043

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

Just in case you or any other reader wants to book that hotel, Sheraton sold the Yankee Clipper/Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel (the one right on the beach I think you are describing) in 2014.  It is now B Ocean.  https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/iconic-yankee-clipper-hotel-being-reflagged-as-b-ocean-resort-fort-lauderdale-7133043

Hey thanks!! I did not know that I always remembered it as the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. Or more recently Sheraton FLL Beach. 

Great hotel I enjoyed my stay there. It's a true Ft. Lauderdale Classic hotel. Thanks for that info. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 2:14 PM, BlueHerons said:

There is a brand new hotel on Las Olas Boulevard for the first time in decades, the new Hyatt Centric Las Olas.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-centric-las-olas-fort-lauderdale/fllct/dining

It is open for business.

Thank You so much for this information ! - We have been searching for a "nice, new" hotel for our pre-cruise stay - this looks perfect ! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 10:36 AM, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Thank You so much for this information ! - We have been searching for a "nice, new" hotel for our pre-cruise stay - this looks perfect ! 

My BFF just stayed there two weeks ago and the hotel is gorgeous.

Views  are really good, city view as the hotel is on the first twelve floors or so then it is residential above the hotel to about the 40th floor.

Pool is really nice except it is shaded this time of year by the other high rises.  You'll have early morning and late afternoon sun.  Should be all day May-September.  Pool deck bar looks cool, nice gym.  Hotel restaurant looks okay but independent restaurant Eddie Vs at the opposite end of the building looks fantastic.

It's a stones throw from the Riverwalk if you want to get your cardio in.