Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
MMDown Under

Four cruise ships off Qld Coast ordered to move out of Old waters

Recommended Posts

Nine cruise ships were in Qld waters.  The four cruise ships remaining have been ordered to move out of Old. waters

by one minute before midnight Wednesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Nine cruise ships were in Qld waters.  The four cruise ships remaining have been ordered to move out of Old. waters

by one minute before midnight Wednesday. 

Oh dear, the Pacific Explorer only just went up there, what other ships are up there?  Pacific Dawn would be one as it is based in Brisvegas.  So the $64000 question where do they go then?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear, the Pacific Explorer only just went up there, what other ships are up there?  Pacific Dawn would be one as it is based in Brisvegas.  So the $64000 question where do they go then?  

Where did the other five go?  We took our eyes off the ball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Where did the other five go?  We took our eyes off the ball.  

I thought you Queenslanders would know, don't you have high magnification binoculars? 😂  Maybe heading to PNG, the locals there need the $.

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Where did the other five go?  We took our eyes off the ball.  

I read a report that they are going to the Philippines to disembark crew members. After that, who knows???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I thought you Queenslanders would know, don't you have high magnification binoculars? 😂  Maybe heading to PNG, the locals there need the $.

You Southerners think Australia stops at the "Brisbane Line"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much for the belief that the ships would be more inclined to stay in QLD as they are being treated better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

You Southerners think Australia stops at the "Brisbane Line"!

Actually I thought Australia stopped at the Tweed River, Tweed-Coolangatta.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they should just keep circumnavigating Australia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Crew Centre website.

 

"P&O Australia received an order and can’t touch Australian ports any more as the Australian government has now required that all Non-Australian registered cruise ships to leave Australian waters promptly.

 

The cruise ship Pacific Explorer has already left Australian waters and is off to the Philippines. The ship will slow down the speed and wait for their sister ships Sun Princess and Sea Princess to arrive at the rendezvous point and set sail together. Soon to join Explorer are Pacific Aria and Pacific Dawn which will also sail to Asia.

 

P&O Australia is working with the governments of Indonesia and the Philippines to seek approval for the return of their citizens. The company is also working on charter flights for the non-essential crew from other nations."

 

Seeing the three Sun class ships sail in formation would be quite a sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pacific Aria is under pilotage in Port Philip - AIS Jakarta.

Golden Princess is into the Bight & has AIS Jakarta.

The 2 Carnival ships are still stooging around near Fraser Island.

The World has left Cockburn Sound & is N. bound on WA coast.

Q. Elizabeth has left Brisbane & N. bound - waiting orders.

Pac. Dawn bunkering at BNE container berth.

Edited by SeaDog-46

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SeaDog-46 said:

Pacific Aria is under pilotage in Port Philip - AIS Jakarta.

Golden Princess is into the Bight & has AIS Jakarta.

The 2 Carnival ships are still stooging around near Fraser Island.

The World has left Cockburn Sound & is N. bound on WA coast.

Q. Elizabeth has left Brisbane & N. bound - waiting orders.

Pac. Dawn bunkering at BNE container berth.

Thanks for the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

That is a terrible situation. I suppose the crew would rather be with their families at this time: their families need them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...