CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

17 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Andy

Shambles!

I do not think it is as good as that!

Be as smug as you like when you receive it,

Maybe a letter to his nibs, offering it back as a commercial loan might do it!

Hands off Andy’s money. He needs it to finance our new ship referred to in another thread. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Whilst it’s great to see that so many people are (finally) getting their refunds for their cruises, I think I have only read of a few people getting refunds for their pre cruise bookings (select dining etc). Is there a steady flow of these yet or has it yet to start in earnest? They are obviously not refunded at the same time as the cruise to which they relate so are likely to all exceed the 60 days unless I am mistaken? 

Still awaiting refund for shore excursions and pre paid flight seats. I think most are. P&O just use the excuse that these elements are managed in other systems, so no doubt they’re lower down the pecking order. 

52 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Still awaiting refund for shore excursions and pre paid flight seats. I think most are. P&O just use the excuse that these elements are managed in other systems, so no doubt they’re lower down the pecking order. 

We got our £70 pre-paid flight seats which we booked on the P&O cruise personeliser back to our cc on March 18th 5 days after cancelling our March 20th cruise.

Guest ccpm

Have been reading but not posting. Today I received a refund for my aft suite booking on the Azura transatlantic. I have already been credited for my flight (booked separately I choose to fly BA because of credits) but not my select dining which as I eat in Epicurean every night is a large amount. Hopefully that will come soon. I make my own arrangements off ship and they have been refunded many weeks since.

Drumroll... 

Not quite, but just received what sounded like another fob off email from someone called Tony that said the usual ' we acknowledge receipt of your claim and are working through them' etc... 

But the last line said.. Your refund is being processed and will be back on your card shortly!!! 

Should I believe them??? 

Andy 

Edited by AndyMichelle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We got our £70 pre-paid flight seats which we booked on the P&O cruise personeliser back to our cc on March 18th 5 days after cancelling our March 20th cruise.

Again I think it's totally random, but I bet you got in before they changed the rules and people had to submit yet another form for these. This wasn't told to either P&O reps nor customers, I found out purely by chance from social media.

Edited by peteukmcr
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Drumroll... 

Not quite, but just received what sounded like another fob off email from someone called Tony that said the usual ' we acknowledge receipt of your claim and are working through them' etc... 

But the last line said.. Your refund is being processed and will be back on your card shortly!!! 

Should I believe them??? 

Andy 

Fingers are crossed for you.  You have been very patient.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Drumroll... 

Should I believe them??? 

Andy 

I hope you can believe them, it's about time you received your refund.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Again I think it's totally random, but I bet you got in before they changed the rules and people had to submit yet another form for these. This wasn't told to either P&O reps nor customers, I found out purely by chance from social media.

As soon as things started to look a bit dodgy, we cancelled our excursions and, like others, they were refunded immediately. 

Then the change of tactic came in to play. 

I don't really understand it as, in comparison to some of the cruise refunds, these are usually much smaller amounts. 

I thought they would have paid them first to (slightly) soften the blow.. 

But who can make any sense of how the brains behind P&O work... 

Andy 

• Like 2

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

As soon as things started to look a bit dodgy, we cancelled our excursions and, like others, they were refunded immediately. 

Then the change of tactic came in to play. 

I don't really understand it as, in comparison to some of the cruise refunds, these are usually much smaller amounts. 

I thought they would have paid them first to (slightly) soften the blow.. 

But who can make any sense of how the brains behind P&O work... 

Andy 

I cancelled most of ours, the problem with the wonderful P&O systems is that it seemed that if you had 3 shore excursions on 1 order, you could cancel 1, but not the other 2. Everything else I had pre paid were on separate orders and they cancelled fine. So I'm just waiting for 2 off 1 order that I couldn't cancel. What's frustrating is that when I cancelled through the personaliser I got confirmation of the cancellations almost immediately and the refunds were back on my card within 2 days. In fact credited before I submitted the claim for the whole cruise refund!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Drumroll... 

Should I believe them??? 

Andy 

Not a nice name to call you! Shortly!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Have been reading but not posting. Today I received a refund for my aft suite booking on the Azura transatlantic. I have already been credited for my flight (booked separately I choose to fly BA because of credits) but not my select dining which as I eat in Epicurean every night is a large amount. Hopefully that will come soon. I make my own arrangements off ship and they have been refunded many weeks since.

Great news.

4 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

I cancelled most of ours, the problem with the wonderful P&O systems is that it seemed that if you had 3 shore excursions on 1 order, you could cancel 1, but not the other 2. Everything else I had pre paid were on separate orders and they cancelled fine. So I'm just waiting for 2 off 1 order that I couldn't cancel. What's frustrating is that when I cancelled through the personaliser I got confirmation of the cancellations almost immediately and the refunds were back on my card within 2 days. In fact credited before I submitted the claim for the whole cruise refund!

Madness Pete... 

Andy 

33 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Drumroll... 

Should I believe them??? 

Andy 

Sounds promising Andy.

Hopefully your refund returns soon.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

It just appeared on our credit card without any notification or form filling by me.

Just now, grapau27 said:

It just appeared on our credit card without any notification or form filling by me.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Lazy!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Lazy!

We filled the cancellation form on March 13th and attached my hospital heart attack treatment record on March 18th to an email from P&O asking for proof.

There was never any mention about the pre-booked seat numbers on the plane and TBH I forgot about them.