CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

57 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Drumroll... 

Not quite, but just received what sounded like another fob off email from someone called Tony that said the usual ' we acknowledge receipt of your claim and are working through them' etc... 

But the last line said.. Your refund is being processed and will be back on your card shortly!!! 

Should I believe them??? 

Andy 

Fingers crossed for you Andy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

When all this is over I think we all need to visit Andy in Southampton for a big celebration! Well as long as he’s got his refund of course! 

I think P&O should charter a ship for a night for us in Southampton as compensation.

Andy will be captain for the night.

Kalos will be Cruise Director.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think P&O should charter a ship for a night for us in Southampton as compensation.

Andy will be captain for the night.

Kalos will be Cruise Director.

I'll volunteer for barman....No cruise cards required, sir, this one's on P&O😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

When all this is over I think we all need to visit Andy in Southampton for a big celebration! Well as long as he’s got his refund of course! 

Probably more chance of that than being on  a cruise in the near future.

• Like 1

Hooray, we have two thirds of our money refunded today, day 53, hopefully other third will be here soon.

seems they have refund the two week portion of our back to back cruise on the Oceana, we should be in Valetta today. The 3 part starts today and ends next Thursday so will keep an eye on credit card over next few days as refund for both was confirmed on same day back in March. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Snow Hill said:

Hooray, we have two thirds of our money refunded today, day 53, hopefully other third will be here soon.

seems they have refund the two week portion of our back to back cruise on the Oceana, we should be in Valetta today. The 3 part starts today and ends next Thursday so will keep an eye on credit card over next few days as refund for both was confirmed on same day back in March. 

Fantastic news.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I would love to buy you all a drink. 

You have all been so supportive and I do appreciate it.. 

Andy 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Congratulations. 

• Like 1

Day 68, but it's  not, confused ? I am.

Cancelled and asked for refund from TA on 14th March, simple so far.  PandO introduced an online form to ask for refund, T A said I did not have submit, they doing them direct with PO, great. I wait and start chasing PO for refund, they then tell me 5 weeks later, my T A hadn't requested a refund until 15th April !! Swiftly on to T A and they admit it wasn't submitted until 5th April !  PO dispute date but whatever, I am told I am not on day 68, more like 46 !

I cannot name TA but needless to say I will give them a wide berth in future. Calls and emails to Helen L at PO and she will not make any promises, although she sympathises, isn't that nice of her.

So when will I get my refund ?  Answers on a postcard.

• Like 2

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/05/articles/disease/a-giant-ponzi-scheme-carnival-cruise-line-president-cruising-on-august-1st-still-very-uncertain/

This article essentially says that Carnival is selling cruises that it knows won’t go ahead in order to run a Ponzi scheme whereby it uses those fares to reimburse already cancelled cruises.

If it doesn’t do this, it will likely go bust as it’s cash burn at the moment is incredible and unsustainable if cruise liners are laid up for too much longer

Hope I get my refund back before the group goes bust.

• Like 1

I'm at day 65 but have to admit that, in all honesty, much of it was probably my own fault.

I cancelled our May 15th and June 28th cruises on 17th March by phone.

I also filled in the online form a few days later hoping to get a full refund due to underlying medical conditions.

Like some others I couldn't get anything from my surgery and stupidly assumed they would just process a 50% refund and 50% FCC when nothing was forthcoming from me.

On Tuesday I contacted one of the people whose email addresses have been readily posted on this thread.

She 'implied' that my case had been put on hold and asked if I had any documentation I could lodge.

Sent her our travel insurance medical declaration by email. I await results.

May still only get a 50/50.

Hope the rest of you who are still waiting for no obvious reason from P&O get refunded soon.

For me it's just a  question of thinking, 'Chris you are an idiot, get a grip!'

Stay well all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NoFlyGuy said:

I'm at day 65 but have to admit that, in all honesty, much of it was probably my own fault.

I cancelled our May 15th and June 28th cruises on 17th March by phone.

I also filled in the online form a few days later hoping to get a full refund due to underlying medical conditions.

Like some others I couldn't get anything from my surgery and stupidly assumed they would just process a 50% refund and 50% FCC when nothing was forthcoming from me.

On Tuesday I contacted one of the people whose email addresses have been readily posted on this thread.

She 'implied' that my case had been put on hold and asked if I had any documentation I could lodge.

Sent her our travel insurance medical declaration by email. I await results.

May still only get a 50/50.

Hope the rest of you who are still waiting for no obvious reason from P&O get refunded soon.

For me it's just a  question of thinking, 'Chris you are an idiot, get a grip!'

Stay well all.

I would send a reminder email asking if the medical insurance declaration is acceptable.

I would be surprised if they didn't agree because some of us have to pay a high medical insurance premium for health issues and if we didn't have these medical issues they wouldn't be declared on our insurance forms.

Edited by grapau27

47 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

This article shows examples of the American market being offered August cruises on Carnival for the equivalent of just £18 per day, plus normal add ons; plainly ridiculous, whatever the likelihood of any cruise actually sailing.

Strange though how the P&O fluid pricing model is staggeringly different, we generally pay more for less - even when it comes to 2021🤔

29 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/05/articles/disease/a-giant-ponzi-scheme-carnival-cruise-line-president-cruising-on-august-1st-still-very-uncertain/

This article essentially says that Carnival is selling cruises that it knows won’t go ahead in order to run a Ponzi scheme whereby it uses those fares to reimburse already cancelled cruises.

If it doesn’t do this, it will likely go bust as it’s cash burn at the moment is incredible and unsustainable if cruise liners are laid up for too much longer

Hope I get my refund back before the group goes bust.

No surprise and very sad and worrying. I haven’t looked in to Carnivals financial position personally, but it’s interesting that I have read several comments on here that they are in a strong position yet this article describes them as being in dire straits. Interesting that early on some people were steadfastly refusing to accept that the delays to refunds were intentional to shore up cash flow, yet it is now alleged that they are effectively operating a Ponzi scheme, deliberately taking money for a product that they cannot deliver in order to pay out their liabilities. I think we’d probably worked that much out for ourselves, but the fact that they need $1bn a month to cover their costs is eye watering and surely cannot be sustainable for long, even by encouraging FCC, delaying refunds for as long as they can get away with and selling cruises that won’t go ahead. There surely can’t be vast numbers of people making new bookings at present? 

Trying to look,on the bright side, I was intrigued by a comment made by another poster on a different thread, that one outcome could be that Carnival as it stands collapses or sells off some brands and P&O could ultimately end up in the hands of a different operator. Given that few of us feel that things have improved under Carnivals ownership, could there be a silver lining? I guess the only flaw in that suggestion is that I can’t see a long list of prospective cruise line buyers although everything has its price. Just hope it’s not Mike Ashley! 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I don't think it will go bust.  They have billions.

I don't think they will go bust either Jean, but they are burning cash in vast amounts with no income and this cannot be sustained forever. 

At some point, the balance will tip to when the powers that be decide it is no longer sustainable or creditors call in the debt... 

Hopefully they will start trading soon and avoid that tipping point.. 

Andy 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Day 68, but it's  not, confused ? I am.

Cancelled and asked for refund from TA on 14th March, simple so far.  PandO introduced an online form to ask for refund, T A said I did not have submit, they doing them direct with PO, great. I wait and start chasing PO for refund, they then tell me 5 weeks later, my T A hadn't requested a refund until 15th April !! Swiftly on to T A and they admit it wasn't submitted until 5th April !  PO dispute date but whatever, I am told I am not on day 68, more like 46 !

I cannot name TA but needless to say I will give them a wide berth in future. Calls and emails to Helen L at PO and she will not make any promises, although she sympathises, isn't that nice of her.

So when will I get my refund ?  Answers on a postcard.

The way that they are treating you like "piggy in the middle" simply isn't acceptable.  Not your fault that they have both let you down.

I'd get on to your card company, if that is an option for you, as it could be another three weeks or more if the experience of some others is to go by.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

No surprise and very sad and worrying. I haven’t looked in to Carnivals financial position personally, but it’s interesting that I have read several comments on here that they are in a strong position yet this article describes them as being in dire straits. Interesting that early on some people were steadfastly refusing to accept that the delays to refunds were intentional to shore up cash flow, yet it is now alleged that they are effectively operating a Ponzi scheme, deliberately taking money for a product that they cannot deliver in order to pay out their liabilities. I think we’d probably worked that much out for ourselves, but the fact that they need $1bn a month to cover their costs is eye watering and surely cannot be sustainable for long, even by encouraging FCC, delaying refunds for as long as they can get away with and selling cruises that won’t go ahead. There surely can’t be vast numbers of people making new bookings at present? 

Trying to look,on the bright side, I was intrigued by a comment made by another poster on a different thread, that one outcome could be that Carnival as it stands collapses or sells off some brands and P&O could ultimately end up in the hands of a different operator. Given that few of us feel that things have improved under Carnivals ownership, could there be a silver lining? I guess the only flaw in that suggestion is that I can’t see a long list of prospective cruise line buyers although everything has its price. Just hope it’s not Mike Ashley! 

Well I've got a few quid coming back, should we form a consortium and put our refunds to good use... 😊

Andy 

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well I've got a few quid coming back, should we form a consortium and put our refunds to good use... 😊

Andy 

If things carry on as they are for much longer Andy then we may well be in with a chance. We may have to act quick whilst all those government grants are still on offer though 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

The way that they are treating you like "piggy in the middle" simply isn't acceptable.  Not your fault that they have both let you down.

I'd get on to your card company, if that is an option for you, as it could be another three weeks or more if the experience of some others is to go by.  

I paid by debit, so not the same options as credit.  To be honest, and I'll get stick for this, I have got to the point that I am fed up with fighting.  That doesn't  mean that they can keep my money, but for the time being I'll just sit tight. I'll  get my revenge when I don't  cruise with them in the future, they have had a lot of money from me over 20 years. No more.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

If things carry on as they are for much longer Andy then we may well be in with a chance. We may have to act quick whilst all those government grants are still on offer though 😉

I just got my Cbils loan, that will help. 

I reckon we could form a decent cruise line between us... 

Andy