CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 minute ago, miniyorkie said:

Galeforce9. Can I ask have you contacted the TA recently?

No.   I haven’t contacted them since.  I was prepared to wait my turn. However, seeing more vocal people with more recent cancellations receiving refunds I eventually contacted P&O late last week by e mail. I received a one line reply saying my query has been escalated but with no apology or information as to what this actually meant in terms of receipt.  I have chased this unsatisfactory reply tonight. What about you? 

3 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

No.   I haven’t contacted them since.  I was prepared to wait my turn. However, seeing more vocal people with more recent cancellations receiving refunds I eventually contacted P&O late last week by e mail. I received a one line reply saying my query has been escalated but with no apology or information as to what this actually meant in terms of receipt.  I have chased this unsatisfactory reply tonight. What about you? 

I contacted them last Tuesday and they said they would escalate with P.O. I had the generic email from Mr Ludlow the same evening,with the correct cruise reference, so assumed they had all the required refund information. Nothing at all since then and I check my card every day. Seems another call tomorrow is required. Thanks to Canberra forever  for posting the information. Its the only updates we get  to keep us in the loop. Seems we are just  forgotten about otherwise.

4 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

I contacted them last Tuesday and they said they would escalate with P.O. I had the generic email from Mr Ludlow the same evening,with the correct cruise reference, so assumed they had all the required refund information. Nothing at all since then and I check my card every day. Seems another call tomorrow is required. Thanks to Canberra forever  for posting the information. Its the only updates we get  to keep us in the loop. Seems we are just  forgotten about otherwise.

Agreed.  We too got the standard e mail with the reference. With regard to TA contacts the only information I have received from them is an infuriatingly annoying e magazine which seems to appear with increasing frequency (or is that just my weeks all blurring into one).   I have been very happy with this travel agent In the past but I think they should just have a think how some of their loyal customers are feeling.  

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Barry Manilow just announced live on GMB that he is doing a collaboration with Gary Barlow.I must be psychic.You Iona peeps might be in for a treat.

Ha ha, way to bring back the loyal crowds...I don't think so...you can see something like this come up in a W1A like ideas amongst the Entz crowd in Carnival House though.

Anything else.  Please.  Even an all night syndicate quiz (just not hosted by the social media guy is all I ask).

In other official social media news, a few more delayed refunds coming through - good - and a few more lucky June Cruisers had their money returned in Tuesday's "P&O Millions Refunds Draw." (???)

Rumour has it that the 14 day Jackpot hasn't been won since early March....😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had the same problem with my TA, no hints, I've already had a slap on the wrist this week.

TA said not to bother with on line form, they were informing refund requests direct to PO. Mine was left almost a month, it was only by emailing a certain PO lady that I got it yesterday. No more using that TA for me.

The community on this thread have been great and very supportive. Thanks.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Ha ha, way to bring back the loyal crowds...I don't think so...you can see something like this come up in a W1A like ideas amongst the Entz crowd in Carnival House though.

Anything else.  Please.  Even an all night syndicate quiz (just not hosted by the social media guy is all I ask).

In other official social media news, a few more delayed refunds coming through - good - and a few more lucky June Cruisers had their money returned in Tuesday's "P&O Millions Refunds Draw." (???)

Rumour has it that the 14 day Jackpot hasn't been won since early March....😂

Just waiting for Tom O'Connor to be announced.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I had the same problem with my TA, no hints, I've already had a slap on the wrist this week.

TA said not to bother with on line form, they were informing refund requests direct to PO. Mine was left almost a month, it was only by emailing a certain PO lady that I got it yesterday. No more using that TA for me.

The community on this thread have been great and very supportive. Thanks.

I agree, almost everyone has been so supportive of each other on this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If he appears on any cruise that I have booked I will have to consider canceling, he was on Adonia when we were on her and I can honestly say that he was the worst well known act that I have seen but I am sure that he has plenty of fans who would love to see him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

If he appears on any cruise that I have booked I will have to consider canceling, he was on Adonia when we were on her and I can honestly say that he was the worst well known act that I have seen but I am sure that he has plenty of fans who would love to see him.

We last saw him 13 years ago when Pauline's late mam and dad were with us on a P&O cruise.

We have still got Toms book he signed at the door of the theatre for Paulines dad.

If Tom, Barry and Gary turn up to tour the fjords, then I could recommend an excellent week long hike from Hellesylt; a great way for their fans to use their surplus OBC....Mr Mulhern from Saturday Night Takeaway can be their guide and magic up their route...

Good luck to all checking refund balances today 😉

• Like 2

Am I correct in thinking that nobody has received a refund for items purchased through their Cruise Personaliser yet? I’m not talking about things like flight upgrades or refunds prior to the recent cancellations, but Select Dining / excursions etc that were paid for prior to the infamous ‘technical problem’ (that clearly wasn’t) that prevented guests cancelling bookings and getting the refund within 24 hours as is the norm. 

I find it odd that the flood gates have now opened for the main booking refunds (much larger sums) yet, as far as I can tell, none of the other refunds have started yet. In all the excitement (and relief) that things are happening with the main refunds, P&O is still sitting on millions of pounds of customers money and I for one haven’t chased it and doubt that many have. Are we letting them off the hook and making it easy for them to sit on this money, based on the fact that there is less ‘noise’ about this?

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Am I correct in thinking that nobody has received a refund for items purchased through their Cruise Personaliser yet? I’m not talking about things like flight upgrades or refunds prior to the recent cancellations, but Select Dining / excursions etc that were paid for prior to the infamous ‘technical problem’ (that clearly wasn’t) that prevented guests cancelling bookings and getting the refund within 24 hours as is the norm. 

Not from my experience Selbourne.  With my Ventura cruise, cancelled by P&O on 14th March, I did receive my excursions money back within a few days.

However, although the cruise has been refunded, I am still waiting to be reimbursed for advance "in cabin" purchases from March, some 74 days later and counting.  Clearly, these are lower value in the grand scheme of things, and I have escalated after 60 days without joy.  They do know that I don't want any 110pc gift voucher or whatever it is.  I am somewhere in a queue.

I was told that when I was refunded for the cruise, the whole amount on the cabin would be refunded, clearly incorrect and added to my list of annoyances with them.

10 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

Agreed.  We too got the standard e mail with the reference. With regard to TA contacts the only information I have received from them is an infuriatingly annoying e magazine which seems to appear with increasing frequency (or is that just my weeks all blurring into one).   I have been very happy with this travel agent In the past but I think they should just have a think how some of their loyal customers are feeling.  

Your question to me seems to have disappeared! but the answer is yes 

20 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I find it odd that the flood gates have now opened for the main booking refunds (much larger sums) yet, as far as I can tell, none of the other refunds have started yet. In all the excitement (and relief) that things are happening with the main refunds, P&O is still sitting on millions of pounds of customers money and I for one haven’t chased it and doubt that many have. Are we letting them off the hook and making it easy for them to sit on this money, based on the fact that there is less ‘noise’ about this?

Very good point.

Maybe you should start a new thread on that.

Fortunately for the cancelled TA we didn't pre-book anything bar the plane seats which were reimbursed in 5 days because we had £400 obc and the Caribbean islands we were going to go to first you could just walk off the ship for shops.

Our Hawaiian cruise on Princess in November we had pre-booked excursions etc for a lot of money so you are right P&O probably are hanging onto a large sum of passengers money.

Edited by grapau27

55 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

If Tom, Barry and Gary turn up to tour the fjords, then I could recommend an excellent week long hike from Hellesylt; a great way for their fans to use their surplus OBC....Mr Mulhern from Saturday Night Takeaway can be their guide and magic up their route...

Good luck to all checking refund balances today 😉

Unlucky,Mulhern's hosting the quiz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Ha! Tom O'Connor was on one of our cruises (2008 I think) and his show was great! He was also very visible around the ship and seemed a friendly chap. I still remember him queueing up at reception like any other passenger and chatting to others in the queue with him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DamianG said:

Ha! Tom O'Connor was on one of our cruises (2008 I think) and his show was great! He was also very visible around the ship and seemed a friendly chap. I still remember him queueing up at reception like any other passenger and chatting to others in the queue with him.

Around the same year, we were on a cruise to the Canaries that due to horrendous weather, left Southampton 24 hours late and could only get as far as Madeira before we turned round (arriving back on time). To give us some greater cheer, they flew Tom O’Connor out to Madeira to perform in the theatre and flew him straight back afterwards. The show was excellent, and I don’t normally like stand up comedians. When he left the ship after the second show, he walked using a stick onto the quayside, with another person. When he saw the people on the top deck, promenade deck and balconies (quite a lot of people) he passed his stick to his companion and walked down the side of the ship to his waiting taxi whilst everybody watching him applauded. A lovely moment and a talented but elderly professional entertainer.

• Like 4

Good Morning

I thought it would now be beneficial for us poor lost souls to have a new thread and I am happy to take over the baton from Andy.  I know of Galeforce9 and Canberra forever and possibly  Wowzz who have been somewhat "dumped in a black hole" by P.O.  I have just tried to contact the relevant TA but imagine " they are currently experiencing a very high call volume"  I dont suppose that any of the callers are booking new cruises.  So if anyone has any information regarding our plight after actually making contact, please could you post. We may yet break the number of refund waiting days from Bob. 

7 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Astonishing...😤

P&O Cruisephrase - new game show...just say what you see Mr Chips doing folks

You buzzed....

"Refunding my money?..."

No, it's good but it's not quite right...

You're frozen out for a minimum of 60 days.😭

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo
  • Haha 1