CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

NEW INFORMATION- I decided to phone today as it’s my day off.

This time I waited 15 minutes to get through. I got a much more pleasant woman and she said they weren’t allowed to say before but as the total of the refunds exceeded a certain amount they had to have an audit first to be able to release the funds. She said that’s why it’s taken so long and I should see my money in the next week. Fingers crossed!

Welcome to this weeks Top of the Crocks and we have a brand new entry straight in at number 5

5. We have to do an audit first to be able to release funds

4. It was 45 days (yes we know we said that in writing) but now it is 60

3. Our spreadsheet was not working

2. It is actually now 60 working days (we don’t count weekends and bank holidays)

And still hot at number 1 after weeks in the top spot

1. We will keep changing the rules for as long as we think we can get away with it.

Sorry P&O Sue, I just couldn’t resist 😀 - I hope the information you got was correct and that it does come next week.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Welcome to this weeks Top of the Crocks and we have a brand new entry straight in at number 5

5. We have to do an audit first to be able to release funds

4. It was 45 days (yes we know we said that in writing) but now it is 60

3. Our spreadsheet was not working

2. It is actually now 60 working days (we don’t count weekends and bank holidays)

And still hot at number 1 after weeks in the top spot

1. We will keep changing the rules for as long as we think we can get away with it.

Sorry P&O Sue, I just couldn’t resist 😀 - I hope the information you got was correct and that it dies come next week.

😂 and thank you.

She also said EVERYONE was working from home.

12 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

If successful if not then you have no claim and you will be out of pocket.

I can’t see what possible defence they can put up to a claim which they have already admitted  they owe and which is one due under law. 

1 hour ago, PandNo Refund said:

Would seem that P&O now are waiting until 60 days have passed to begin processing the refund. Someone at the P&O call centre has been telling callers that one sole person goes in on a Friday to process any refunds that are now over the 60 days.

They need to get a bunch of folk sorting this - instead of wasting energy replying with the same copy/paste messages. Why not send out an email to all refund customers telling them their plan and then get folk back in working through the backlog. They obviously ‘can’t work from home’... so get them back to work and put measures in place. Because the pile will only get bigger when they cancel the next lot of cruises (which they’ll leave as late as possible - those cruises will help pay the refunds for the ones already requested....)

Essentially P&O is currently a pyramid scheme.

On FB someone reckoned they’ve 8 staff dealing with refunds now🤷‍♂️

I phoned again, only waited about 5 minutes, very nice girl, accessed the account and has agreed to put it through to the escalations team and I may be able to have a bank transfer instead of a cheque.  I also escalated my friend on the linked booking.  Watch this spac

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I phoned again, only waited about 5 minutes, very nice girl, accessed the account and has agreed to put it through to the escalations team and I may be able to have a bank transfer instead of a cheque.  I also escalated my friend on the linked booking.  Watch this spac

How many times have you had to call, email etc to get to that stage Jean?

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I move money by BACS in and out of savings and main bank, and to send birthday money to family and, dependant on where it is going, it can be there in hours with no extra charge. 

Likewise.

It is business Bacs I am talking about.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

To be honest, most of my dislikes are purely personal opinions,  picked up from talking to fellow cruisers,  reading reviews, etc and in certain cases (like TUI), just downright prejudice. 

Which is why it is good to get replies from people such as Graham and Pete, with their own experiences,  pointing out the error of some of my judgements. I especially value those that have been on various cruise lines, as those people have a proper frame of reference, as compared to those who have only ever sailed on P&O. 

High Loyalty benefits for us.

Picture order.

Free items.

Nightly free drinks.

Free embarkation drinks.

Suite lounge on Explorer of the seas for Suite passengers.

Diamond lounge on Independence of the seas for Diamond loyalty and above 80 points

1 point per night

Extra point per night in a junior or full Suite.

Extra point for single occupancy cabins.

IMG_20191005_132749.jpg

IMG_20190528_072853.jpg

IMG_20190525_131947.jpg

IMG_20191005_143345.jpg

IMG_20190525_145256.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Turn the Tide said:

Force majeure?

That might work as a contract clause but not as a defence to pay an already agreed debt. If they were going to use that excuse, which they can’t as it was not written in to the contract, then they would be denying any contractual obligation for refunds. 

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

What would be the point.  If she can ignore one, she will ignore them all.

I had more response from Emily Cole guest relations representative.

I emailed Helen 3 times and got no reply.

• Like 1