CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

2 hours ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

We claimed back on our credit card as fed up with the runaround. Money back onto our credit card within 4 hours!! Our TA (the ones that live in a ice house??!!) has been blaming P&O and vice versa. Not playing these games anymore. We have a balance to pay on another cruise and we will make sure we pay this with a credit card. I also know which TA I will be using when this is all over...not this TA. Our other TA refunded a cruise immediately.

Great stuff.  That way forward has been discussed and a variety of reasons put for forward as to why it can't be done.  

So rather than all the puffing out of chests/threats to bankrupt Carnival/ etc etc that has been banded about, people need to only call their credit card company after all.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mickrory said:

"Note on the file". Biggest fob off going.

Very pleased some people are getting their refunds. What would be dead helpful if people could post when they receive their Wonga when they applied for the refund and what the sail date and ship were.

It would help us poor schmucks who are waiting patiently like Billy Bunter for his postal order.

Cancelled 14/3/2020

Sail date   26/4/2020 JOO3 Arcadia

Refund dated 1/5/2020

Actually received 6/5/2020

Refunded deposit to credit card and balance total, to debit card.

Edited by mercury7289
addition

18 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Great stuff.  That way forward has been discussed and a variety of reasons put for forward as to why it can't be done.  

So rather than all the puffing out of chests/threats to bankrupt Carnival/ etc etc that has been banded about, people need to only call their credit card company after all.  

Unfortunately, the credit card route is not always that straightforward. 

I did call them at the weekend and put the claim in.  However, I was advised that due to the backlog it may be 15 working days until someone from the CC company replied.  Experiences on other boards can show 6+ weeks delays when the claim is accepted.  Even worse P&O can try and resist any chargeback or try to "claw back" any sum within 45 days I understand.

The point here I suppose, for those who do not believe P&O or can't afford to wait, is to not give them until 60 days before making the initial approach, perhaps even as little as the two weeks.  This may go a good strategy in particular for people with cancelled cruises in the next batch.

Therefore, you will still likely get your money back quicker than P&O even if you go in to a queue with the bank.  I'll let people know, from my own experience, which if either route works and first.

Unfortunately it appears that other posters have already requistionned the other ships as collateral for their pending claims leaving only Oceana; my other options are limited 😁

They can keep Oceana...😉

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

never copy Avril just use a link as CC do not   allow other sites work to be copied onto here 

Copy probably wasn't  the correct word. Joe had a look but couldn't find a link. You will have guessed by now that I'm ok with basic computer skills, banking, bills, shopping holidays etc, all the important stuff😉, other than that I'm a complete numpty😩

Avril 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Unfortunately it appears that other posters have already requistionned the other ships as collateral for their pending claims leaving only Oceana; my other options are limited 😁

They can keep Oceana...😉

Not all is lost ,get the bailiffs to secure Carnival house for you .:classic_biggrin:  

151456153_Carnivalhouse.jpg.d5c6ff53383b3ee7b0662a24d6323837.jpg    Set in a very sought after area of Harbour Parade .:classic_cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Just received email from P&O stating that my refund was processed on the 12th May back to my credit card, and I should receive within the next couple of days.

Requested 17th March for Ventura cruise 4th April.

Check your spam as this is where P&O emails seem to be going!

32 minutes ago, mandsb1990 said:

Just received email from P&O stating that my refund was processed on the 12th May back to my credit card, and I should receive within the next couple of days.

Thanks for that. I was supposed to be on the 17th March Ventura sailing, being cancelled by P&O on the 14th and having the refund form signed, sealed, processed the following day (15th).  No emails to me.

From what I can see the longest cancellation wait on FB is day 70, excluding various mess ups by P&O with refunds nothing to do with Covid-19.  I worked this out by them saying that they passed magic day 60 a week on Monday.

Can anyone beat day 70 at the moment?

57 minutes ago, mandsb1990 said:

I’m really glad for you but it just proves the point that this has not been done by date order as both our request for a refund and cruise date are before yours and so far nothing from P&O.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Allow me Avril :classic_smile: Here's the link  

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/05/po-cruises-tells-passengers-owed-thousands-to-wait-three-months-for-cancelled-cruise-refunds/

PS never copy Avril just use a link as CC do not   allow other sites work to be copied onto here :classic_wink:

Their poll is interesting. Currently only 4% of those responding have received their refund, 85% are still waiting, and the remainder opted for FCC.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Earlier on it was 5pc had their refund.

P&O said the situation was getting better daily...😤

To be fair, I imagine that those who haven't yet had their refund are more likely to bother to go to the Which web page and then to take part in the poll. But even allowing for that, it's pretty certain that only a small minority of people have yet received their refunds.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

On 2 of the calls I made, they told the refunds were being done in date order of the cruise.  Although I can't quite believe that.

Me neither. My friend still hasn’t received hers and P&O cancelled her March TA Britannia cruise before she'd finished packing . I think someone posted earlier that a refund has been issued for a cancelled April cruise.

Avril 

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

Thanks for that. I was supposed to be on the 17th March Ventura sailing, being cancelled by P&O on the 14th and having the refund form signed, sealed, processed the following day (15th).  No emails to me.

From what I can see the longest cancellation wait on FB is day 70, excluding various mess ups by P&O with refunds nothing to do with Covid-19.  I worked this out by them saying that they passed magic day 60 a week on Monday.

Can anyone beat day 70 at the moment?

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I booked direct with P&O. I didn't phone them but I did send an email after the 45 days. 

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Me neither. My friend still hasn’t received hers and P&O cancelled her March TA Britannia cruise before she'd finished packing . I think someone posted earlier that a refund has been issued for a cancelled April cruise.

Avril 

Avril did your friend book direct or through a TA?

As did I mandsb1990. Direct booked and didn't call until day 56, in case there was a clearing delay returning monies to my CC.  Bank confirmed no pending credits.  Friendly enough call, was supposed to be escalated - nothing at all this week.

I tried the social media route via direct message, mentioning ABTA.  That did get a reply - standard we're really sorry, honest we are, it's the computers fault, blah blah.

What I am particularly unimpressed with is that some customers have spotted that the social media team appear to have spent time today deleting FB of various messages containing key words or criticisms.  

Again, can't say (and must stress for definite) but more than a handful of customers have spotted this. It must be very difficult for them at the moment, but to delete people's complaints without acknowledgement, (unless they are just plain abuse), feels quite wrong.

A couple of passengers (not me quick to add) have gone legal, MP etc on there.  Those not censored just yet. 

Censoring complaints makes a level of business sense, but it is a new low if true.

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To add insult to injury on FB someone has just received a refund for the Iona maiden cruise.

Words fail me.

Ooh. We are waiting for a refund for that cruise, which we applied for on the day the cruise was cancelled. Just checked (including spam) - nothing yet. 

Of the tiny percentage of people who have now received refunds (4% according to Which?) it will be fascinating to know what proportion have been chasing P&O. If this forum is anything to go by it’s the majority. 

Just now, Selbourne said:

Ooh. We are waiting for a refund for that cruise, which we applied for on the day the cruise was cancelled. Just checked (including spam) - nothing yet. 

Of the tiny percentage of people who have now received refunds (4% according to Which?) it will be fascinating to know what proportion have been chasing P&O. If this forum is anything to go by it’s the majority. 

Maybe its linked to Loyalty Tier status (see other thread) and they haven't said all along?  

Scratch that, its just plain bonkers 😁

7 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Maybe its linked to Loyalty Tier status (see other thread) and they haven't said all along?  

Scratch that, its just plain bonkers 😁

No Ligurians are being treated just the same